Sydney Cruise Ship Drug Bust!

When we stopped at Portland, Brisbane, last year they were checking all bags but I think some people disembarked there. In April at the Grain Terminal there was no checking of anything.

Can't remember anyone checking anything coming off the ship the two times we've been in Darwin, just on reboarding.

Geraldton was a tender port and so checking there either.

In over twenty cruises and goodness knows how many ports (not the disembarking ports), I have never had my carry off bags searched or scanned in any way. Perhaps I look honest and do not require checking.

In over twenty cruises and goodness knows how many ports (not the disembarking ports), I have never had my carry off bags searched or scanned in any way. Perhaps I look honest and do not require checking.

The only time we have had our bags checked (or a dog sniff them) was in Darwin a few times and also one port in Central America. On both of these they were checking for food. We have come ashore in Brisbane a few times when we have been on B2B, and there was no checking of our bags.

I have been in email contact with friends on this cruise. They heard nothing on board in Sydney about the arrest, but read about it later. One friend remarked that the young women were 'right out their drawing attention to themselves at every opportunity.' She said the men's eyes were popping out of their heads. Looking at the photos, I can see why she said what she did.

Yeah how about those guys eyes ahh.Popping out of their heads.Naughty men,very naughty men indeed.

Their all the same you know.:rolleyes::eek:

But in fairness there are men who were only looking at the coconut drinks,one has to be fair and partial.

Edited by mrs and mrs

Yeah how about those guys eyes ahh.Popping out of their heads.Naughty men,very naughty men indeed.

But in fairness there are men who were only looking at the coconut drinks,one has to be fair and partial.

Or partially fair.;)

SWMBO says she is starting to worry about me because I have developed the habit of drooling over Rolex watches instead of bikini birds.:D

Ladies...Please forgive us, for we are only human.

We were on a Top End cruise and there was maybe a tip off or intelligence at Geraldton. We were at anchor in the inner harbour but there were Customs boats following the tenders and a check at the wharf of passengers with some, crew mostly, taken aside for further scrutiny. Don't know if anything was found but it was a bit out of the ordinary.