Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Hi Clodagh, and Kayleigh.

I've done a few bookings in the past few years either on Celebrity or Royal whilst onboard the ships for future cruises, and I have always been told that we can change it once, for another cruise without any penalty, that's one of the reasons I try to book something whilst onboard, and to get any extra perks for the sailing. I have always said we are from the UK, and been told there's no problem.

Also, if it's booked onboard and a better deal comes out (ie drinks package etc), it can be changed to without penalty.

Someone on here yesterday, also confirmed that I can change a Royal Future booking for a Celebrity booking and vice versa, which I didn't know!!!!

Margaret

Thanks for the confirmation we booked with a deposit of £33 so no complaints from me I'm just wondering if I change it will that deposit stand or will I have to pull another £567 out to take it to normal deposits just I booked Ncl bliss the day it come out along with a land trip and paid £600 deposit for that my money's disappearing faster than I can make it 🤦🏼*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is why Anthem has been caught in at least 2 major storms in her very young age. Both heading south. I believe she was caught in something or at least some pretty rough rides this winter as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Any ship sailing from the northeast at the same time would have been caught in the same storms.

Anthem with all the inside activities is a great ship for sailing out of the northeast.

It is just a matter of how the cruises fall. We had actually booked the Jewel first and then added on the Freedom a few weeks later, once I realized I had enough PTO to do it! The Freedom also fell into my vacation window at work, which was lucky. It fell within a matter of three days for my vacation cut off for the season. :eek: Fortunately, my work schedule also allows me five nights in Rome prior to the Jewel, so this will be a big vacation year where we get to really maximize our airfare.. Can't wait!

However, that is why I cannot do the Symphony TA in 2018 - it misses my vacation window by three days.:(

I am glad it worked out for you so nicely. Being able to squeeze in so many ports and time off in a beautiful area of the world on a single airfare is perfect. DH and I have lots of vacation time, I personally have 3 months accumulated. The problem is not necessarily having the time off, or when they get scheduled, is that because of our work responsibilities we cannot be off from work for too long. The longest we've been out is almost 3 weeks and I think that is pushing it now. That was years ago and with our current roles I am not sure that we can afford to be away from the office for that long. Once the rest of the Europe sailings come out I will have a better idea of what we will end up doing. Maybe we can interport in Rome, that would be ideal, but sad at the same time as we would be missing our one and only sea day on the Symphony. Crossing fingers it works out well for us!

100% correct Margaret.

Have you booked yet??

We're waiting for Jewel Eastern TA for 2018 to come out. We're want to try the other way with Jeff & Brenda!!

Have you booked yet?

Did you have a Boardwalk or CentralPark balcony on HOTS? Did you enjoy the location?

Margaret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Adventure will be going to NJ...not sure if it will be replacing or in addition to Anthem.

I read that Freedom will becoming to Bayonne to do sailings to New England and Canada.

Anthem's not going anywhere.

Has anyone been able to book a suite on SOS? Every time I try to select it as an option, including the TA, it doesn't return any room options... could it be booked up, I wonder?

Just looked on the UK website and there are plenty of suites left, even on the TA. Could be that the US site is glitching.

UPDATE...just got a call from RCCL, as I happen to be working from home today. Someone following up to make sure I got everything booked ok. I asked her about it and she said as the other posts suggested...that my booking still has the taxes from my other booking on it, and that their finance dept audits them once or twice a month and will update all taxes and port charges to match the current sailing. So I am booked with the ship rate for SOS, but the taxes and port fees for Adventure southern Caribbean. She unlike the last guy seemed very confident and said this is not new to SOS, just the way it goes with moving Next Cruise bookings.

I have always gotten very good service from RCCL on all occasions, but it always seems much more confident and precise during core business hours. Guessing like most businesses they rely heavily on 3rd Party Vendors to take many if not all of their phone calls off hours.

Thanks for the replies on the quandary.

I am not sure that is the case. Our "taxes and port fees" seem higher than they should be. I also "transferred" a booking and my "taxes and port fee" amount did not remain the same. Mine dropped but the other sailing was longer with more ports, etc....but the new amount is still higher than what I am accustomed to paying. I have an inquiry into my TA to question.

Tried to get central park window on 9th floor for random SOS sailing in Feb and March-- sold out per my TA and also online!! is this true or do they hold back certain cabins to be released later?

Sorry to disappoint but they don't hold back cabins. Their goal is to sell. That said, it's early days and some people are booking multiple things, will settle on the right thing, and then will release their other bookings. I'd keep checking over time, if i were you.

Hi Clodagh, and Kayleigh.

I've done a few bookings in the past few years either on Celebrity or Royal whilst onboard the ships for future cruises, and I have always been told that we can change it once, for another cruise without any penalty, that's one of the reasons I try to book something whilst onboard, and to get any extra perks for the sailing. I have always said we are from the UK, and been told there's no problem.

Also, if it's booked onboard and a better deal comes out (ie drinks package etc), it can be changed to without penalty.

Someone on here yesterday, also confirmed that I can change a Royal Future booking for a Celebrity booking and vice versa, which I didn't know!!!!

Margaret

Hi Margaret,

We've done a few next cruise bookings and never had any problems changing them later - booked onboard with UK and US.

I wasn't able to change our Celebrity to RCI though, I've had to put it against another Celebrity for next year (for now).

Sent from my SGP312 using Forums mobile app

I'm anxiously watching for bookings to become available. My extended family is hoping to catch a 5-6 day RC cruise in May 2018 out of a Florida port. Sounds like Brilliance might fall into that? Fingers crossed.

I'm anxiously watching for bookings to become available. My extended family is hoping to catch a 5-6 day RC cruise in May 2018 out of a Florida port. Sounds like Brilliance might fall into that? Fingers crossed.

Brilliance will probably be in Europe by May. You will be able to catch a 7-day cruise out of Florida, but the ships that do 5-6 day cruises may be gone by May.