Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I have a very strong feeling we won't see an Explorer Transpacific in 2019.... A Quantum class to compete with NCL?

Wait!!!....

I'd rather not go back through the last 10 pages of this thread... is this something that MadFlyer has found or someone else from port schedules?

Breaking news, apparently we are on the August 2018 Serenade TA to Boston as well. Booked onboard a couple days ago, she must like the ship. I also hear she booked the week prior going to St Petersburg. That is my bucket list cruise. I have no details yet on cabin choice or cost :eek:

Welcome to the party. Should be an awesome cruise!

Breaking news, apparently we are on the August 2018 Serenade TA to Boston as well. Booked onboard a couple days ago, she must like the ship. I also hear she booked the week prior going to St Petersburg. That is my bucket list cruise. I have no details yet on cabin choice or cost :eek:

$$$$$........opening day JS bookings were over $8200 for 2. I guess for 16 nights that's not so bad but when I see what some got the Brilliance TA for and others......it's a lot.

The itinerary has changed since bookings opened and time in Reykjavik has been shortened as well as changes in ports.

Come join the Roll Calls

TA http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52735292#post52735292

Baltic http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52708393#post52708393

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

$$$$$........opening day JS bookings were over $8200 for 2. I guess for 16 nights that's not so bad but when I see what some got the Brilliance TA for and others......it's a lot.

The itinerary has changed since bookings opened and time in Reykjavik has been shortened as well as changes in ports.

It's all about the itinerary.

Come join the Roll Calls

TA http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52735292#post52735292

Baltic http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52708393#post52708393

She thinks it's going to Greenland 😱

Our 14 night on Rhapsody is only 3 grand JS, so maybe it averages out. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

She thinks it's going to Greenland ��

Our 14 night on Rhapsody is only 3 grand JS, so maybe it averages out. ��

2 more nights for + $1200 pp - don't see that as averaging out.

Greenland was added but original itinerary was 2 full days in Reykjavik.....now it's 2pm arrival on day 1 and 5pm departure on day 2. Makes it a bit more challenging to do the Golden Circle. Bergen instead of Oslo, Isafjordur, Iceland dropped, added Sydney, NS and time in several ports changed. Greenland could be nice if the weather cooperates for Tendering and there's something interesting in Qaqortag.......definitely a port I've never heard of.

All suites shows "sold out". Not sure that I believe that. Lot's of time for it to all sort out.

a

2 more nights for + $1200 pp - don't see that as averaging out.

Greenland was added but original itinerary was 2 full days in Reykjavik.....now it's 2pm arrival on day 1 and 5pm departure on day 2. Makes it a bit more challenging to do the Golden Circle. Bergen instead of Oslo, Isafjordur, Iceland dropped, added Sydney, NS and time in several ports changed. Greenland could be nice if the weather cooperates for Tendering and there's something interesting in Qaqortag.......definitely a port I've never heard of.

All suites shows "sold out". Not sure that I believe that. Lot's of time for it to all sort out.

What I meant is they total 30 nights, so if it is 11 grand total, that is $5500 for each one. ;)

I didn't see Greenland listed on the website itinerary. :confused:

Never mind, I see it in the details page. Odd that it is not on the main page.

Edited by John&LaLa

What I meant is they total 30 nights, so if it is 11 grand total, that is $5500 for each one. ;)

I didn't see Greenland listed on the website itinerary. :confused:

Never mind, I see it in the details page. Odd that it is not on the main page.

Serenade Baltic and TA total 23 nights so I don't see the comparison. We've done TAs since 2006 and none were this pricey.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Serenade Baltic and TA total 23 nights so I don't see the comparison. We've done TAs since 2006 and none were this pricey.

This itinerary is always pricey. It's the only one that I ever considered booking early. I have been watching the prices since 2013 and have never seen them lower than the day they open the bookings.

In 2006 cruising was cheap and ships didn't sail full as now... Cruising in 2018/19 is still cheaper then 1988 not even counting inflation. A 2 passenger cabin was over $3000 for 7 nites Caribbean cruise on Sovereign in a tiny porthole deck 2 cabin, and ship didn't even have a single balcony on it...

They said 2018/19 sailings.

Called them back. They were just confirming that I was still interested in 2018/19 sailings around Asia and that they'll be released around 10 April.

Sigh

We just aren't clicking here.

I'm desperately attempting to add the costs of the two TA's so I can average the price. To me, that helps justify the higher price of the Serenade.

It all averages out in the end.

FWIW, two weeks on Oasis in November 2017 is costing 6 grand. And it doesn't go anywhere interesting.

Called them back. They were just confirming that I was still interested in 2018/19 sailings around Asia and that they'll be released around 10 April.

Sigh

Thanks for the update Chris. I'm hoping for something new out of Australia in 2019 rather than the same old tired stuff, probably a forlorn hope though...

This itinerary is always pricey. It's the only one that I ever considered booking early. I have been watching the prices since 2013 and have never seen them lower than the day they open the bookings.

This has been my experience too, watching the suites and balcones, I have seen some insides show up at lower prices closer to the sailing date, but nothing like the low prices I see on the normal fall TAs.

Great Karen! Please post what you find out. [emoji4]

I'll try -- please do the same, thanks! :)

You will meet my good friends on the SR TA -- critterchick (Jean) and her husband.:)

In case you're wondering what's happening with the Vision Galveston 2018/19 sailings.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1997/Cruise-Ship%2C-2417-Passengers--3024096/Italy#.WOPXnvkrJ1t

Last time we saw a cruise listing like this it was Splendour and Legend.

Oh no, not Vision, the newest of the class!