Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

That's an interesting catch. I looked on the scanning the seas site and it's not there either. Usually if they charter out it is still listed but shows sold out. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

This is what I "think"....of course, others may know better!!!!

If the ship is chartered prior to the new releases....then the chartered sailing never shows up on RC or 3rd party websites. (Other than "cal" for the ports.)

If the ship is released for bookings and therefore that particular sailing/date is listed on RC and 3rd party websites and then is chartered after bookings have opened....then it shows up as "sold out" or "na".

Just my thoughts!

Wondering what is going on with rhapsody on 9th and 16th June 2018 out of Venice - these cruises do not show up anywhere I can find and 9th is the sailing I wanted . Anyone any insights?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yesterday I posted about not being able to get pricing on RCL's site. I cleared out some things but that did not help. I did put the IPad to "private"setting before going to the web site and was able to get past the white screen and get the price! Thanks for all the suggestions 🙂

Was hoping to book Hawaii for Spring 2019 on Radiance next week, but I guess I will have to wait another week.[emoji44] I am currently booked on the Solstice, but my prices are ridiculously high at, $5,000 f two people for an OV cabin. I booked that not too long ago and I think I missed out on lower prices since the sailing was open on Celebrity in December or January it seems. So, I am hoping to be able for lower my cost by booking Radiance. Plus, if it is a few days later than Solstice it will work out better for me anyway, giving us some extra time in Hawaii pre-cruise.

Thanks for the heads up on the change of release date for the TP.

I looked at the Solstice too Ginny, but I really want a balcony and well at their prices it isn't going to be happening! Anticipation will only make the booking sweeter right......lol.

Belinda

Thanks for the heads up on the change of release date for the TP.

I looked at the Solstice too Ginny, but I really want a balcony and well at their prices it isn't going to be happening! Anticipation will only make the booking sweeter right......lol.

Belinda

Here's hoping for better prices when the itineraries are finally released! (yn)

I love balconies, but we ended up with an OV on the Harmony TA and were quite happy with it, When we booked the balconies were almost all gone and so we reluctantly took an OV. It was a very pleasant surprise, so I am open to getting one again, especially on an itinerary with a lot of sea days. With retirement around the corner the savings outweigh the balcony benefits for me. I like the OV cabins where there are large windows, not small portholes, and the windows are not blocked by the beds. Those are the large OV on Radiance Class. We snagged a forward facing one on the Brilliance for the 2018 fall TA.(y) If we stay with the Solstice the OV cabins on Deck 3 have good reviews. The larger forward facing ones were already all gone.

This is what I "think"....of course, others may know better!!!!

If the ship is chartered prior to the new releases....then the chartered sailing never shows up on RC or 3rd party websites. (Other than "cal" for the ports.)

If the ship is released for bookings and therefore that particular sailing/date is listed on RC and 3rd party websites and then is chartered after bookings have opened....then it shows up as "sold out" or "na".

Just my thoughts!

You're making far too much sense ;)

I'm booked on the Sept 2017 Radiance Trans-Pacific and need to change it to 2018. Oh well I guess I'll have to wait another week.

I got a phone call today from RC (they left a message as I couldn't get to the phone) to say that they were ready to book the 2018 Australia and Asia sailings if I wanted to go ahead. :confused:

I will have to call them back.

I got a phone call today from RC (they left a message as I couldn't get to the phone) to say that they were ready to book the 2018 Australia and Asia sailings if I wanted to go ahead. :confused:

Would love to know if that also includes first quarter 2019 Australia/Asia, if you could ask?

Some of 2018 has been available since last year. Did they specify when in 2018 ?????

Australia and some of Asia are scheduled to begin being released next week.

Based on the post above, I called C&A this morning to ask about Hawaii, which is normally tacked on to the Australia sailings. They were not available. The agent said to check back Wednesday, which means I will check tomorrow afternoon, or earlier.

I called too and was told the same thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Based on the post above, I called C&A this morning to ask about Hawaii, which is normally tacked on to the Australia sailings. They were not available. The agent said to check back Wednesday, which means I will check tomorrow afternoon, or earlier.

Great Karen! Please post what you find out. [emoji4]

Royal could possibly set up another ship to do the Alaska runs to compete with another line in which I do not speak of [emoji850]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please don't say that I've booked on Bliss for Alaska and will be a little bit more than upset if a quantum class goes to Alaska aswell [emoji17]

Please don't say that I've booked on Bliss for Alaska and will be a little bit more than upset if a quantum class goes to Alaska aswell [emoji17]

Funny you should say that, was just thinking same...and I wanting to do Panama Canal already booked Bliss B2B2B...

Just tell her it's because you love her and want her to have the luxury of all those wonderful sea days.

Breaking news, apparently we are on the August 2018 Serenade TA to Boston as well. Booked onboard a couple days ago, she must like the ship. I also hear she booked the week prior going to St Petersburg. That is my bucket list cruise. I have no details yet on cabin choice or cost :eek:

Breaking news, apparently we are on the August 2018 Serenade TA to Boston as well. Booked onboard a couple days ago, she must like the ship. I also hear she booked the week prior going to St Petersburg. That is my bucket list cruise. I have no details yet on cabin choice or cost :eek:

You're going to have to liquidate some assets.