Fill in the blank: I will never _______ again!

CineGraphic

Why crotchety? I never sail in December but I'm doing it this year what should I expect ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually cruise the first two weeks of December and didn't find more crotchety people than on other cruises. We love cruising then due to less kids (maybe that comment makes me one of the crotchey people!

I promised a few years ago to never ever go to one of the productions shows on a cruise ship ever again. But like Micheal Corleone, 'they pull me back in' on every cruise because they can't all be awful, can they? And each time they prove once again, yes they all can be awful. :(

Over the years I have kept my promise to never again sail in an oceanview cabin. It's balcony or above for me.:)

I promised a few years ago to never ever go to one of the productions shows on a cruise ship ever again. But like Micheal Corleone, 'they pull me back in' on every cruise because they can't all be awful, can they? And each time they prove once again, yes they all can be awful. :(

Over the years I have kept my promise to never again sail in an oceanview cabin. It's balcony or above for me.:)

Except for one Oceanview, we've always had balconies. Took a Windstar/Windsurf cruise a few months ago and due to the small size of the ship, were told time and time again, that we'd be fine without a balcony (none on ship).

The cruise was wonderful, but we would never do it again. We really did miss relaxing by ourselves on a balcony, especially in the early morning and late afternoon hours.

Never will I never travel with my MIL. Last cruise with MIL was the Last cruise with MIL.....ruined the whole trip, nothing was good enough, felt bad for DH who endured the "drama" his Mother brought on a family and friend cruise.

Never again photo's with the bad costumed critters at the different ports.

• 3 weeks later...
Cruise during Spring Break (US & Canadian) when there are nearly 700 kids on board. I learned my lesson, it only took once. Most horrible cruise ever. I opt out of cruising at that time or take a very long cruise not likely to be packed with kids.

What cruise line was this?

Roll calls

Why not?

I brought 2 left-footed flip flops for our Caribbean cruise. :(

I have 2 pairs of black flip flops (same brand and style) and put a pair in my carry on bag. Got to the hotel and changed in to warmer weather clothes and noticed my flip flops wouldn't go on my feet. Let's just say we had to make a quick trip to the store to get a proper pair!

How about if it is a non stop flight and you get in 6 hours before sailing time?

Nope! Flights get cancelled, or seriously delayed, for all kinds of reasons and not everyone gets on an immediate replacement flight. We've had multiple flights cancelled - in the worst case, we arrived 12 hours late (for what should have been a 3 hour trip!), and our luggage got in about 8 hours after that. Even if you manage to rebook a flight that might get you there in time, why put yourself in the position of starting your vacation with a lot of stress? If you have no choice due to work schedules or some other obligation, make sure you have a backup plan (hotel, etc.) just in case you miss the ship's departure.

Edited by Kartgv

Will never travel on a Caribbean cruise which departs from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami the first two weeks of December and be surrounded by a boatload of crochety passengers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've cruised one of those weeks for the last 4 years. Gonna go again this year.

2 times Miami, 1 Ft. Lauderdale, 1 San Juan. This year will be Miami. I've yet to have a problem with anyone. Seems the same all the time no matter what port or time of year to me.:cool:

My DH I know, will NEVER (in his under shorts) put the luggage out in hallway, night before we get off... without making sure his foot is HOLDING DOOR OPEN.and he has KEY in his hand. I was up in library and did not know that he had walked the halls and rode an elevator to visit to the front office dressed only in this attire, until I arrived back to a very flustered man My immediate response was "you didn't see anyone we knew, did you?!!" Oh,and to add to the his look "his smile" was soaking in water in the bathroom. We laugh together now, but he wasn't laughing then, only I was. Thank heavens we were getting off the ship in a few hours..

Edited by lilabet

Sail out of or into the Port in NYC, pure chaos. :rolleyes:

I tried it twice thinking the first time was an aberrancy......nope.

We have sailed from NYC many times and find it a lot more convenient than the FL ports, albiet a bit more expensive. We zip in through the Lincoln Tunnel, up to the 50's, go south on the surface roads to the parking facility. Grab our bags and we are there. A lot has to do with the fact that we have lived in the area for 20 years and are used to driving in Manhattan.

Sail out of or into the Port in NYC, pure chaos. :rolleyes:

I tried it twice thinking the first time was an aberrancy......nope.

Ditto - though the problem is not the port, but the ships. If there is an option other than NCL or that absurdly bloated Royal Caribbean monster, I will reconsider