Fill in the blank: I will never _______ again!

CineGraphic

We have sailed from NYC many times and find it a lot more convenient than the FL ports, albiet a bit more expensive. We zip in through the Lincoln Tunnel, up to the 50's, go south on the surface roads to the parking facility. Grab our bags and we are there. A lot has to do with the fact that we have lived in the area for 20 years and are used to driving in Manhattan.

Have to agree...getting to and into/out of the terminal and onto/off of the ship is a cake walk compared to FLL!

• 7 months later...

We will never again book with Traveling Viking in Iceland. They never picked us, or another couple, up at the port. Thank goodness a Saga representative could accommodate the four of us at the last minute. When I posted a review and mentioned it, Traveling Viking claimed to have notified us in advance, a total fabrication as none of us heard a word from them after our advance payment by credit card.

Eat beef on any ship - ship beef ALWAYS has a slight liver taste to me - shudder.

Fail to bring my own books! Pickins' are generally quite slim in the library.

Book anything other than an interior. An interior cabin and a black sleep mask lets me sleep deeply.

Fail to bring my own healthful snacks - unsalted organic nuts, etc., and some common OTC meds.

My DH I know, will NEVER (in his under shorts) put the luggage out in hallway, night before we get off... without making sure his foot is HOLDING DOOR OPEN.and he has KEY in his hand. I was up in library and did not know that he had walked the halls and rode an elevator to visit to the front office dressed only in this attire, until I arrived back to a very flustered man My immediate response was "you didn't see anyone we knew, did you?!!" Oh,and to add to the his look "his smile" was soaking in water in the bathroom. We laugh together now, but he wasn't laughing then, only I was. Thank heavens we were getting off the ship in a few hours..

Haha :D I think I saw a movie with your husband in it!

...let DH close the balcony door again with us both outside. Last time I did he managed to close the LOCKED door with us on the balcony. Luckily the folks next door came out after about fifteen minutes, spoke English, and asked our room steward to go into our stateroom and rescue us. She laughed at us for the next 2 weeks!

Book a cruise out of Galveston. Too long of a transfer and don't like that most hotels require a 2 night minimum. Plus there aren't many non stop flights round trip from Baltimore to Houston. We got one but it was about the only one. Much cheaper from Florida.

I will never again keep thinking that "tomorrow night will be better" when I am seated with dining companions for whom I do not care. Usually, I am a "the glass is half-full type of a person". In such a described situation, I have learned that I need to become "a glass is half-empty type of a person".

What sources do you use to price check? My fare may be a good one once you figure in the OBC but I have checked on the Princess site and the site I booked it but would love some other suggestions.

Carnival has a website u can go to, if u are booked with them or u can do a dummy booking on whatever line u are cruising on.

If u see a price drop & u haven't made your final payment, call your TA. We have gotten price drops on several of our cruises. Our up coming cruise, 2 price drops already. :)

Yes. I've done it twice for my upcoming cruise and also upgraded to Aqua with one of them. It pays (literally) to be vigilant. :D

Never again decide that saving all of $37 was worth it to fly from Ohio, EAST, to board the Celebrity Millennium in SINGAPORE. It didn't look that long on the map!! LOL

It's a very long trip either way. Looking at some travel durations, it's around 24 hours for the best options in either direction.

In two weeks I have to fly from Florida to Singapore. I ended up going West, but that was because the only good 1 stop option went that direction (the other one-stops had 8 hour or longer layovers). There are 2 stop routes in either direction that are about an hour longer than the 1 stop I'm on.