Moveover

jpcello

This is my first Princess cruise so this is more for curiosity. My sister and I are cruising in 4 days on Regal Princess to NE/Canada (we leave on Saturday). Yesterday, I received a Moveover offer. We're also in a handicapped accessible cabin, so this really surprised me.

This cruise has been sold out for a while. Does Princess do this whenever a cruise is sold out?

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Oct 8, 2016 Regal Princess sailing. Move to another sailing of your choice up to 10 days, anywhere in the world and receive:

* 100% cruise fare refund (as refundable onboard credit)

* Free Stateroom upgrade!

Edited by jpcello

This is my first Princess cruise so this is more for curiosity. My sister and I are cruising in 4 days on Regal Princess to NE/Canada (we leave on Saturday). Yesterday, I received a Moveover offer. We're also in a handicapped accessible cabin, so this really surprised me.

This cruise has been sold out for a while. Does Princess do this whenever a cruise is sold out?

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Oct 8, 2016 Regal Princess sailing. Move to another sailing of your choice up to 10 days, anywhere in the world and receive:

They can be good if you can take advantage of them.

I sort of dread getting one, wait to long for each cruise, but some can be attractive.

Are you going to take it? We have never received one, but, to go from a 4 day to 10 day, it is one I would accept. Let us know what you decide.

Marie

No. This is a 7-day cruise. I've had this booked for almost 6 months. Getting a HA cabin is just too hard to come by. Vacations are already scheduled with work - plus mentally I'm already on vacation :)

No. This is a 7-day cruise. I've had this booked for almost 6 months. Getting a HA cabin is just too hard to come by. Vacations are already scheduled with work - plus mentally I'm already on vacation :)

Oh, I did not read it properly. You leave in 4 days, gotcha. Have a wonderful cruise. We did the 10 day itinerary in September 2015 and loved it. We could do it over and over again.

Marie

It's probably because you have the HC cabin....they are limited in supply.

It probably has nothing to do with a handicapped cabin. Those who need them book them. They most likely have sold more balcony cabins (or insides or whatever) then they have allotted. As stated by OP, the ship has been sold out for awhile.

I have gotten these a dozen times and it has nothing to do with a handicapped cabin.

This sounds like one of those things where you're better off sticking with Plan A.

Those moveover offers always seem so tempting, but a nice fall-color cruise that's just days away sounds pretty tempting too.

Jim

That's a pretty good offer, but understandable that not good enough to tempt you.

We have had two move over offers; one in 2007 and the other in 2013. In both cases we were not offered to change to any cruise, but to a later sailing on the same ship. The 2007 offer was to go from an interior to a balcony & $500 OBC, and airfare change fees up to $200. The 2013 offer was to go from an interior to "Up to a mini-suite" and one cruise fare refunded as OBC. As we had EZ Air there was nothing about air change fees. Neither offer was good enough for us, like you we were already mentally on vacation. However, I have heard of some really great offers. If we get an offer To Go To Refuse, we just might.

Enjoy your cruise.

Certainly not wanting to be a Debbie Downer but with Hurricane Matthew working it's way up the coast later this week I am hopeful your cruise will be able to keep ahead of it's path. Probably nothing more than rain and a little bit more waves but something to consider.

Edited by iceleven

I'd take that in a heartbeat, but I understand why you're not. Enjoy your first cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always thought that I would take it also but I have been offered quite a few of them and they have all been impressive, but I have yet to take one.

The amount of air change fee doesn't really cover the cost of changing air. Or, if I am using miles, I often can't use miles later when they suggest we go. If I have to buy new plane tickets or use a change fee and then buy tickets at a higher price, you end up eating a lot of the money they are giving you back.

I often have non-refundable hotels purchased through priceline or hotwire. I also often have private tours booked which may or may not be easy to switch to another date.

Plus - I have to do quite a bit at work to prepare before I leave. To change that date messes up some future deadlines.

So while it sounds good, it is frustrating when you try to make the offer work and realize it is difficult to switch dates.

Now, just to make sure I understand this correctly: Princess is offering to move the OP to another sailing up to 10 days for no additional charge, add a free stateroom upgrade, PLUS give a refund in OBC for what they originally paid? How then do they manage to get back the OBC in cash or credit card refund? I have never had a move over offer but I probably should be prepared in advance, just in case!

The main concern would be cabin availability. We cruise in a handicapped accessible balcony cabin. We generally cruise once a year and to get the cabin we want, I have to sometimes book a year in advance (I was lucky to get a handicapped balcony in May for an October sailing). We were already in a BB Balcony so considering they offered an upgrade, that would only give us about 6 cabin choices on a ship the size of Regal. It could take a year to find a replacement cruise.

We are really looking forward to our Regal 18-29 Christmas cruise, but, have decided if we get a move over offer we are taking it. We are booked in a guarantee obstructed balcony. We have a non-refundable pre-cruise hotel, but, other than that, nothing to lose. As of now, it seems there is plenty of availability on the sailing so not getting my hopes up.

Marie & Steve

Edited by FlorenceItaly

Now, just to make sure I understand this correctly: Princess is offering to move the OP to another sailing up to 10 days for no additional charge, add a free stateroom upgrade, PLUS give a refund in OBC for what they originally paid? How then do they manage to get back the OBC in cash or credit card refund? I have never had a move over offer but I probably should be prepared in advance, just in case!

Probably a check to your home (in an envelope that looks like junk mail) four to six weeks after the completion of your substitute cruise.

So, you pay for the new cruise or no? Would it be essentially a free cruise, then? I'm confused.