Say it ain't so Giovanni's

riredsox

No more Filet on the new menu :eek:! First night of the Freedom cruise and out of Carpaccio and Lentil soup! Food luke warm and Lamb Chop sauce not great! Loved my waiter though, he was good humored and lots of fun! We obviously weren't the first complaints on the new menu! Still, on a cruise and lovin it! Crew as always is the best!

Thanks for posting this. I was going to go there in December specifically for the fillet. Going to go online and cancel my reservation now.

Probably a good idea. You can always check the menu onboard and make a reservation then. Past couple years specialty dining on most ships hasn't been too busy.....

Probably a good idea. You can always check the menu onboard and make a reservation then. Past couple years specialty dining on most ships hasn't been too busy.....

The only reason I booked ahead this time was to save the big $6 on the sale just just ended:D

The only reason I booked ahead this time was to save the big $6 on the sale just just ended:D

I'm going to wait until we are on board and see the menu before deciding what to do. If there is no filet then we will switch to Chops and hopefully we just pay the difference in the on board price.

I'm going to wait until we are on board and see the menu before deciding what to do. If there is no filet then we will switch to Chops and hopefully we just pay the difference in the on board price.

I was just getting ready to email you about this change.:

We went to Giovanni's on Grandeur last month. Restaurant was empty first night. DH disappointed with menu but I was fiine because I love the antipasti. Price had gone up slightly -- I think $20 to $25 pp. Katherine

Edited by Lady Hudson

We went to Giovanni's on Grandeur last month. Restaurant was empty first night. DH disappointed with menu but I was fiine because I love the antipasti. Price had gone up slightly -- I think $20 to $25 pp. Katherine

It was $25 on Oasis (I think it still was $25 in May) but it is now $30, not sure when it went up

The antipasto is great , one of the main reason we do this multiple times each cruise, filet was available last month on Brilliance but it was better in Chops, not having it in Giovanni's will not stop us from visiting

We just got off Brilliance this morning, we went to Giovanni's last week, price was 29 dollars and they still had the fillet. T he food there was great, for us the best meal on the ship (the MDR food was not the best).,

Julie

We just got off Brilliance this morning, we went to Giovanni's last week, price was 29 dollars and they still had the fillet. T he food there was great, for us the best meal on the ship (the MDR food was not the best).,

Julie

I agree MDR was bad, we had dinner at Giovanni's 6 times and Chops once on our cruise, what really surprised us was Izumi was not good at all and we normally really like that place

Reserved three specialty restaurant package and chefs table.

Upon boarding selected the nights. Upon arriving for first one selected Giovanties and confirmed , they said different night , they ended up accommodating 5 of us.

Had to follow up and ask for all the food , service not attentive , seated by busy loud kitchen , then tried to not discount bottles of wine for drink package .

We then ate at chops twice and enjoyed .

We cancelled chefs table then also , when finding out it was not in a nice private dining area and it lasted three plus hours!

No more Filet on the new menu :eek:!

True on the Liberty last week...filet is off the menu. We cancelled and booked Chops a second night and they gladly brought us an order of Giovanni's Risotto...best of both worlds!