Say it ain't so Giovanni's

riredsox

True on the Liberty last week...filet is off the menu. We cancelled and booked Chops a second night and they gladly brought us an order of Giovanni's Risotto...best of both worlds!

Maybe we can go to Giovanni's then and have them bring us a fillet from Chops:D:p

How much is Giovanni's for lunch? Anyone know? We have traditional dining with our company every night, so I wanted to try lunch instead

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Giovanni's dinner was $29 and lunch was $19 on the Freedom of the Seas.

Isumi's was also $29 for dinner.

Chops was $35

Giovanni's did not have the filet.

Edited by Parrotheadtoo

Sad for sure. The filet at Giovanni's was the best steak on the ship.

Is this par for the course? Let's take something that is really good...many even say it is great. We can replace it with something that people will not like as much. Yes, that is a good idea! Let's replace it with something that is not near as delicious. Now we can steer them to Chops and on top of that, we can charge them more $$$. The Suits are working hard.

I am surprised by this!

It sure is frustrating to pay and support a product that keeps getting 'dumbed' down. What to me makes it worst is that I am captive once onboard.

Hope this gets changed soon others soon sailing and for us too before our next cruise. We have always enjoyed Speciality dining for a great steak, (for me). I no longer even order the shoe leather served in MDR.

Edited by shipshape sam

Last night I booked 2 dinners in Giovanni's and 2 in Chops for our upcoming cruise on the Serenade which sails Dec 2nd.

My wife always ordered the Lamb Chops and I always ordered the Large Filet. Both of these are gone from the new menu! :eek:

So now we have to decide what to do.

We will most likely cancel Giovanni's and schedule 2 more Chops.

How much is Giovanni's for lunch? Anyone know? We have traditional dining with our company every night, so I wanted to try lunch instead

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't ask price , but last week they were begging for a lunch crowd.

Just off Oasis two days ago. Had filet at Giovanni's and dinner was $39. Delicious as usual.

Oops -- I mean $29.

Thanks- just went and re-booked- will see what happens. The 20% off offer is still on, it is $24, must be going to $30

Is this par for the course? Let's take something that is really good...many even say it is great. We can replace it with something that people will not like as much. Yes, that is a good idea! Let's replace it with something that is not near as delicious. Now we can steer them to Chops and on top of that, we can charge them more $$$. The Suits are working hard.

Yep!:(

Thanks- just went and re-booked- will see what happens. The 20% off offer is still on, it is $24, must be going to $30

Strange, I had Giovannis booked at $25 and I just cancelled and rebooked it at $20 under the 20% off promo for Jewel. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain