Which Celebrity Ship is Your Favorite, and Why?

TravelKnitter

For those who have experienced a variety of Celebrity ships, which ship is your favorite, and why?

We prefer S class ships over M class for the options however you have to go back for my favorite ship which was the Century.

Edited by dkjretired

We prefer S class ships over M class for the options however you have to go back for my favorite ship which was the Century.

We were on the Century's next to last cruise for Celebrity, Singapore to Dubai and loved the ship. It seemed ore intimate that any of the others. Also, it never seemed crowded.

Most of our cruises have been on M class ships. S class if good as well. I think Celebrity's designs are well done. I like the S class buffet islands that speed up service there. I do like the M class indoor pool/saunas area.

What are the main differences between S class and M class?

S class are newer (2008+) and beautiful have some advantages such as greater choice of specialty dining for extra $$, have up to 50 % more passengers, better buffet selection but proportionally less room to eat your selection, but certain design flaws depending on what one likes. Use of public space not as well planned out for activities and entertainment (arguments here).

M-class built 2000+ older but fits like one's favourite jeans.

We like them better for a seating and useful lounge (rendezvous) with a dance floor, three separate locations for elevators front, mid, aft (S has 2).

There is more but others will chime in..

If you consider the specialty restaurants too pricey to consider (as we do), and see that the lawn area sea views are being blocked by elite cabanas -- the main thing the S-class has is more people getting in your way.

I've cruised on all of Celebrity's ships except the Mercury (now gone from the fleet), the Summit, and the Reflection, and I prefer the S class hands-down, with the Silhouette being my very favorite so far. It's really a personal choice. I suggest trying both the M and the S class and seeing which is a better fit for you.

I prefer the Reflection, we have sailed on her 3 times, twice on Equinox and once on Solstice. We are scheduled to sail on Infinity in March. The Reflection has a nice variety of specialty restaurants plus a larger outside eating area adjacent to Horizons Cafe. For a large ship customer flow is very good.

For those who have experienced a variety of Celebrity ships, which ship is your favorite, and why?

We prefer the Eclipse. We like that the pax tend to dress nicer on the 14 day Caribbean trips we take in the winter. We've not seen how the "Chic" nights will be. Hopefully pax will have a bit more class & style than what we saw on our Regal Princess cruise last Feb. which does still have formal nights. Shorts & T shirts are pretty slovenly at night in what was an otherwise really elegant ship.

I prefer Eclipse and Equinox because of the Glass blowing demonstrations.

I do remember the ill-fated Millennium. As we live in Seattle it was all over the news.

If I had to pick my favorite ship it would be Mercury. I try to live in the here and now. Not the past. I like all the Celebrity ships but for different reasons. The M Class for being smaller and more elegant. All the S Class have a young and more flashy look, and I like that. The 1st 3 S Class for the Glassblowing. The last 2 S Class for more food options. I do love eating at The Porch for lunch.

When picking a cruise I try and decide where we are going. If I have the option between M or S class I will pick S. I think the M Class is better for cooler weather and S Class for hot weather.

I do remember the ill-fated Millennium. As we live in Seattle it was all over the news.

If I had to pick my favorite ship it would be Mercury. I try to live in the here and now. Not the past. I like all the Celebrity ships but for different reasons. The M Class for being smaller and more elegant. All the S Class have a young and more flashy look, and I like that. The 1st 3 S Class for the Glassblowing. The last 2 S Class for more food options. I do love eating at The Porch for lunch.

When picking a cruise I try and decide where we are going. If I have the option between M or S class I will pick S. I think the M Class is better for cooler weather and S Class for hot weather.

Vote number 2 for the Mercury.

Best Cabin & Cruise Ships in all of Celebrity, for the money.

We don't want to see a Rock Wall anywhere on our Cruise Ship. Give me the Sunset Bar /Café al Bacio.

27063981046_34dea57ac2_b.jpg

CaptDave

I'm sure you can make this statement because you've been on every Celebrity ship and stayed in every cabin.

I think the most beautiful ship by far (and I have been on all except Reflection) is Equinox, but that is a matter of opinion. For many days at sea, I prefer S class as there are more venues to enjoy. For port intensive cruises I prefer the comfort (size-wise) of the M class ships (although that great T-pool would sure be nice on those days at sea!). There are no bad Celebrity ships. Primarily it depends on whether you care if the ship is bigger and newer, or whether you prefer smaller (albeit not small) and more comfortable. I have sailed more than 30 X cruises and I have never found a consistent difference in quality or service between the ships. There can be variety depending upon the crew at that particular time, but no consistent differences.

Larger (more pax), flashier, are not attractive to me. I LOVE the older M class ships for their grace and more intimate feel. Having been on Solstice, Eclipse, Connie, Millie, with Infinity, Sillie and Summit booked - I'll pick an M class any day. I do however love the Hot Glass Show on some S class.

Which Celebrity ships still have the ocean liner restaurants? Have they gotten rid of them all or just two?

Ocean Liners used to be on Constellation......but all M class ships no

longer have those original lovely restaurants. They have all been

converted to Tuscan Grille's.

If you want the same style, Murano is on all of the S class ships.