Celebrity web site down since last week

Cinerama

If you are referring to 'My Celebrity' it has had MAJOR problems since at least the new year. But of course, there is no way of letting anyone know, and if you could find an email address no one ever replies or actions anything. So we just have to live with it, until they start losing revenue.

Any one else notice their web site has been down?

Nope works for me. After reading your post I logged in to my Celebrity and reviewed the 3 Cruises we have booked. I used ME and IE using a laptop with no issues. You didn't elaborate on what you were trying to do or accomplish.

Edited by davekathy

yes it is messed up and they told me on Sunday that they are in the process of getting a new one .. yup .. again

anyway . I sail on sat and have everything done and it now says I am only 10% complete and I can't fix it ... Just going to the port with what I have

Their website has displayed the following error for me for weeks:

Please be patient with us as we improve your web experience. We’ll be back shortly!

...but only in Chrome. When I go to the website in Internet Explorer, everything works fine.

As I stated on another thread, I can access some of my reservations and not others in 'My Celebrity' :confused:. Sometimes the icons and words are at the top, other times it's just words and links all messed up down the side of the page?

As I stated on another thread, I can access some of my reservations and not others in 'My Celebrity' :confused:. Sometimes the icons and words are at the top, other times it's just words and links all messed up down the side of the page?

This isn't just reservations - I can't access the entire site (Find a Cruise, Ship Pages, etc) if I attempt to use Chrome rather than IE.

This isn't just reservations - I can't access the entire site (Find a Cruise, Ship Pages, etc) if I attempt to use Chrome rather than IE.

They obviously have worst problems than usual then. It appears to be a complete mess :confused:. They must be losing money left, right and centre - I know I can't book any extras because I can't see what's on offer :confused:.

I can access everything in Chrome. Make sure you've updated to the latest version of your browser and don't have add-ons that may be blocking content (or whitelist Celebrity if you do). A lot of these "website problems" are user error with people using out-of-date hardware or software.

Ive had problems on both IE and firefox for about a month. Ive been trying to get pricing on future cruises and when I get to the page that shows the breakdown of the price with taxes and fees etc... the page flashes past the price page and directly to the page where you enter names, addresses and so forth to hold or book the trip.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

I do have one cruise booked and I am able to log onto "My celebrity" and see that cruise.

Very frustrating!

Julie

=X= has been notorious at having problems with their website working on various web browsers for years. While I believe it is somewhat more reliable than, say 5 years ago, it still could be much improved. I don't think this issue is much of a priority with them.

I can access everything in Chrome. Make sure you've updated to the latest version of your browser and don't have add-ons that may be blocking content (or whitelist Celebrity if you do). A lot of these "website problems" are user error with people using out-of-date hardware or software.

How can that be the case when I can access some of my reservations and not others?

Their website has displayed the following error for me for weeks:

Please be patient with us as we improve your web experience. We’ll be back shortly!

...but only in Chrome. When I go to the website in Internet Explorer, everything works fine.

No problems in IE or Chrome and I checked twice this week. :confused:

No problems here either.

Standard advice is to clear your cookies and cache before trying again.

If that doesn't work, then to try using a different browser, and check to see that you are using the latest version.

Also, sometimes it may just be the particular device you are using that is having the problem, and it may work if you try it on another device.

That has happened to us.

And how many other websites only work when you use this browser or that one and then sometimes only when there is an 'R ' in the month ? Let's be honest this just isn't what anyone would expect from a major company and will certainly not encourage the younger more tech savvie clientele that Celebrity is supposedly trying to attract.

No problems here either.

Standard advice is to clear your cookies and cache before trying again.

If that doesn't work, then to try using a different browser, and check to see that you are using the latest version.

Also, sometimes it may just be the particular device you are using that is having the problem, and it may work if you try it on another device.

That has happened to us.

I tried clearing cookies & cache, and my Chrome is the latest version. The website still doesn't work for me.