Suite Perks

flyingv4me

Hi, everyone! I have a few questions concerning Suite perks.

1. Michael's Club: Will I be able to get specific spirits there? For instance, my wife loves Woodford Reserve bourbon and I like Macallan scotch. I know we can go just outside Michael's and get both! LOL! I assume I can also get craft beers there? Has anyone ever seen Woodford Reserve rye on board?

2. I don't see too many comments on the afternoon "daily delectables." What is your experience? What did you receive each afternoon? I'm trying to get a feel for what to expect.

I appreciate your comments! :)

Hi, everyone! I have a few questions concerning Suite perks.

1. Michael's Club: Will I be able to get specific spirits there? For instance, my wife loves Woodford Reserve bourbon and I like Macallan scotch. I know we can go just outside Michael's and get both! LOL! I assume I can also get craft beers there? Has anyone ever seen Woodford Reserve rye on board?

2. I don't see too many comments on the afternoon "daily delectables." What is your experience? What did you receive each afternoon? I'm trying to get a feel for what to expect.

I appreciate your comments! :)

You can ask them for specific drinks and they will try and get them for next time. The food.in there is cookies etc... except for Tea Time when they have wider variety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Woodford Reserve bourbon and I like Macallan scotch.

If they are within the premium drink package yes for sure. If the cost is just above most likely. As I have never asked for the 2 your asking about I just don't know. On Millennium I did see a higher end cabinet just inside Michael's Club. MC do have cookies all day and night. From 3 to 4 MC has tea with different items like scones and small sandwiches. At 5pm MC bring out small plates with what looks like items from Sushi on 5.

On Millie last month they had Blue Moon and Heineken beer. I'm sure they had others I just did not look. I drink beer at home, but white wine when cruising.

Our experience has been that the bartenders in Michaels will try their best to accommodate whatever you want. My husband and a friend particularly liked the Zacapa rum in the World Class Bar and without asking, they had it the next day. We have never gone to Michaels for Afternoon Tea but whenever we would go prior to dinner we were always given a small plate with about three bite size appetizers. They tended to be the same over the course of the cruise and for the most part were just okay. We were informed by our butler on our last cruise in October that daily "appetizers" were no longer being delivered to SS's daily. He did on two separate occasions provide a plate of cheese, crackers and fruit when we had friends join us for sail away.

Just back from Silhouette, in RS….MC bartender was generous in finding me what I wanted. The whole ship seemed to be out of Basil Hayden bourbon, but Macallen was easily had (maybe not the exact bottle you want, but the brand). As long as it is not too expensive, in my experience they will try to get it for you.

Tea in MC was table set on the small cocktail tables, butlers passing sandwiches and pastry things. We were just in there getting a quick drink after being on shore and did not partake.

There were three beers on tap in Silhouette MC (I don't drink beer so can't help with what kind) but my beer loving son thought the craft brews in bottles that were available (not many in MC) were a better bet. Best craft brews were in Celler Masters and cost $ even if you had a premium package.

I asked our butler for a plate of savories (cheese/crackers etc) to be delivered to our suite each afternoon and it was.

MC after tea time, before dinner, had divided square plates as described in a previous post with four small bites, (one bite in each quadrant) usually savory, not from Sushi on 5 (we ate there and loved it, others don't). Not as tasty as Luminae's amuse buche. Maybe from the MDR, but I don't eat there so don't know. Ones I remember were a mini quiche, a shrimp with cucumber, a small cheese and phyllo type bite, etc. There was always plenty of food and drink.

HTH

So CC and Aqua get afternoon deliveries (I had them sub for a cheese plate on my last cruise) and I can't even get that in a suite? Wow. That's surprising. Thanks for the heads-up.

But you can. Just ask your butler. It's just not routine anymore - they don't walk around with the cart. We asked for some shrimp one time, for some crackers and cheese another time (he brought us an entire unopened box of Carr's crackers), and for some veggies and hummus another time.

In Michael's they had similar things to what you'd find up in Sky Lounge for elite cocktail hour. They would make up little trays of about 3 or 4 things and bring one to each table. We usually declined. Typically we would go to the elite cocktail hour first because it's a beautiful location on the ship, and after sunset we'd go to Michael's or martini bar. I hope that on the Edge ships the suite lounge has windows and a view.

Michael's Club is a nice addition but certainly is not the reason to get a suite. The drinks are going to be whatever is available on the premium package. Don't expect to get Johnnie Walker Blue or other super premium booze.

At night, you very well may be the only person in there and drinking by yourself is no fun. It is more enjoyable to go to the Martini Bar or the Sunset Bar and have the same premium drinks and socialize with other passengers.

The afternoon tea is not worth much but if you like that sort of thing, do it. Personally, I would rather have a glass of wine and a few canapés at the Elite happy hour in the Sky Lounge which provides an expansive ocean view rather than in Michaels Club which offers absolutely NO outside views.

While the butler no longer brings the tea cart to the suites in late afternoon you can still get tea or coffee delivered as you wish and probably a pastry from the Café if you requested. Our butler also came by at 5:00 or so with either cheese, shrimp, or the small plate. Towards the end of our cruise it was all 3. While we enjoyed the tea cart and thought we would really miss it, we did not. It was a lot of bread and not much filling on the sandwiches. Enjoyed the new offerings much better.

We were in a suite on Silhouette last month, and we missed the afternoon tea trolley. Yes, I know we could go to Michael's for the official tea, but we never bothered with that. On past cruises, we liked the knock on the door with a selection of small sandwiches and sweets for us to pick from. Our butler did offer to bring us cheese and crackers, but that's not the same. However, I've seen posts that love the new format, so we may be in the minority.

We missed having the butler deliver tea and canapes as well. I tried to go in with an open mind, thinking maybe we'll find that we enjoy going to Michael's club. Nope. We tried one night, waited 10 minutes to get a drink (which was wrong the first time) and an additional 5 minutes for canapes. Sure, maybe we should have given it one more try, but we like our canapes delivered to the room where we can eat them at our convenience while getting ready for dinner. Our butler was happy to oblige with delivering us canapes, cheese plate, meat/cheese/crackers, or shrimp cocktail.

Woodford Reserve is in the premium package and was stocked in Michael's on Reflection. As others have mentioned, if it isn't there they will get it. I did not see the Woodford Reserve Rye anywhere on board.

The daily delectables we had that one day were a goat cheese ball, tomato/mozzarella skewer, and something in pastry that was not memorable.

Edited by TobyKnits

Just off Reflection in January. I went to Michaels club most every night for my nightcap or two. World class bar has an even better selection:

World Class Bar

Talisker 10y

Lagavulin 16y

Caol ila 12y

JW Blue

JW Black

JW Double Black

JW King George 5th

JW XR 21yr

Michael's Club

Macallan Select Oak

Glenfiddich

Glenlivet

Crown royal

JW Black

JW Red

Bourbons at Michael's Club

Maker's Mark

Knob creek

Cellar masters

Laphroaig 10y $12

Glenlivet Master Distillers Reserve $12

Macallan Select Oak $12

Macallan Whiskey Makers $20

Glenglassaugh 1960 $227

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think everyone needs to remember that things are different from ship to ship; always ask for what you would like and see if your request is granted. It certainly doesn't cost anything for the question...I am always amazed at what a little common courtesy can do onboard Celebrity!

But you can. Just ask your butler. It's just not routine anymore - they don't walk around with the cart. We asked for some shrimp one time, for some crackers and cheese another time (he brought us an entire unopened box of Carr's crackers), and for some veggies and hummus another time.

In Michael's they had similar things to what you'd find up in Sky Lounge for elite cocktail hour. They would make up little trays of about 3 or 4 things and bring one to each table. We usually declined. Typically we would go to the elite cocktail hour first because it's a beautiful location on the ship, and after sunset we'd go to Michael's or martini bar. I hope that on the Edge ships the suite lounge has windows and a view.

We have in the past gone to the Elite Events. Even with the option of Michael's Club. I love going and sitting at the bar on the S Class ships in the Sky Lounge. Watching us sail away. On the M Class the bar is in a different location and not part of the Elite Event area in the Cosmos Lounge. It just was not the same as the S Class ships. Our last cruise on Millie was very special. We met many wonderful fellow cruisers in MC. We talked in MC at times seemed like hours, had dinner in Luminae with other suite guest. We were like a large family.

We were in a suite on Silhouette last month, and we missed the afternoon tea trolley. Yes, I know we could go to Michael's for the official tea, but we never bothered with that. On past cruises, we liked the knock on the door with a selection of small sandwiches and sweets for us to pick from. Our butler did offer to bring us cheese and crackers, but that's not the same. However, I've seen posts that love the new format, so we may be in the minority.

I don't think you are in the minority on this. I was on the Infinity when they made the switch. Told my butler that I enjoyed his visits each afternoon and that I was not about to get dressed just to go to Michael's for tea. He said he would continue to deliver something and to be sure to pass my comments on on the post-cruise questionnaire. To me, the whole point of having a butler is to have the butler bring things to you, not to have to go search him/her out in Michael's. I enjoy relaxing in my cabin at that time of day. Never did try the "tea" in Michael's.

WE agree with you that the afternoon tea trolley IS missed. There is no way we would go down to Michael's Club for a formal afternoon tea. However, we did really appreciate the arrival of the tea trolley. My husband may have a tea on some days and either of us may have selected a sweet or savoury nibble (depending on how we felt at the time) but the arrival of the butler was welcome.

It was the time he had the time for a conversation and would tell us about the ports we were visiting, something about the ship or answer any question we had (those that did not merit a 'phone call to him). At other times of day, the butler is busy servicing his suites. We certainly felt that, on our latest cruise without the tea trolley, we did not get the opportunity to build the same relationship with our butler.

Celebrity very much seem to be downgrading the butler service. He now has a different reporting structure to the stateroom attendant meaning that he no longer supervises him. We liked the relationship this now gives us with the stateroom attendant but, with the tasks now taken on by the Michael's Club Concierge, the butlers' role no longer seems clearly defined. Certainly, in the smaller suites without the bar/wet bar area to service, his role must have reduced to providing room service. I just hope that it is not Celebrity trying to phase butlers out.

We very much enjoyed the afternoon tea in Michaels last month thus was one change we did like.

It's not formal afternoon tea you can wear whatever you are wearing around the ship - shorts suntop whatever. It was nice because several butlers are there serving it so you have a great opportunity to talk with all of them. We were able to chat not only with our butler but with butlers from previous cruises.

I liked the time flexibility 3-4 so I wasn't waiting around for the cart or setting unrealistic demands on them - e.g. Come at 3.30. It also meant if we were running early or late it fitted in well.

It seemed those wanting tea in their rooms had to wait until Michaels service was over which might not suit some.

Anyway for us we liked having it in Michaels with the company of other cruisers and thought the range of cakes was even more extensive than before unfortunately!

This past October, while on Infinity, this change was implemented. I usually forgot about going to MC for my afternoon snack fix.

My butler, Singh, continued to bring items and leave them in the butler's pantry. He actually knew wat we wanted before we did....

He was amazing!!!!

Like Linda said yesterday, let your butler know your preferences. While he may not bring the tea cart, he WILL bring you something.