Do you lock your luggage?

gatur123fl

Always lock luggage using TSA locks. Friend had new bathing suit removed from unlocked pocket of her luggage when we sailed Jewel. Was there when we left with porter but not there when luggage arrived at her suite.

We always lock our bags, using a TSA lock. While a zippered bag can be opened even when locked, locking it deters opportunists. An experienced burglar could probably find a way to enter my house when it's all locked up, but I still lock the doors to avoid the door rattlers hoping for a quick score. Same principle.

We always lock ours using TSA locks. We have had TSA unlock our luggage and then not lock it back up but at least we made an effort to keep it secure. Whether you do or don't lock your luggage, theft is always possible but a lock will deter most people. If someone is looking to steal, there will be plenty of other luggage that is not locked.

We will last years cruise use the TSA locks.

Some where from the time our luggage was put outside our cabin and arrival home (Used Valet) my daughters MK sandels were stolen from an un locked suitcase.

Surprised they only took those, and left the Purses and other wristlets behind.

We learned our lesson.

TSA locks from now on.

Safe travels.

Of course I am sure more thieves have the keys than TSA employees.

Safe travels.

We use TSA locks on our bags for flights, ships and travel. On our last three flights one was opened, inspected and relocked by TSA. They left an explanation note in the bag that it had been opened, inspected and if we had a concern there was a number listed that we could call. It was also date stamped and possibly initiated by the agent that did it.

We lock with TSA locks but there's nothing of value in there. All the good stuff is in our carry-on. If someone wants to take our laundry, have at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is us. I'm not particularly worried about theft, but I do use the locks mainly to help keep our zippers closed.

We lock ours with the little RCI combination locks that you used to win at trivia etc (whatever happened to them?!). Flying home from FLL in 2015 we arrived at LHR to find the lock replaced by a cable tie (which was OK) and the old (now cut) lock inside with a little note from the TSA...so at least they tried to re-secure the bag. BTW, we think the bags of dirty laundry fooled them!

Simon

Well, I agree it's a good idea, but just to have another datum, I've never locked my bags in 25 years of travel, average 2 trips per year, and never had anything stolen.

It may help that I never have anything too valuable, my clothes are nothing special and anything remotely valuable is in my carry on. Again, I'm not suggesting people don't lock, I probably should also but it's just not something I've ever worried about.

Now let's not talk about lost/misdirected luggage! I have not been as lucky in that area.

I don't bother. A real thief would just steal the whole bag and be gone in a minute than risk somebody seeing them rooting through bags looking for valuables. A lock just makes it look like you are hiding valuables. I've takes hundreds of flights and have never had anything go missing. I keep valuable stuff in my carry on anyway. A few times I've has TSA search and leave a note.

We always use locks... sometimes people don't seal... they just are a nuisance. We once saw some teenagers on the last night of a cruise... very late... unzip and dump someones suitcase just to be purely mean! I ran after them which I am sure scared them, and reported it to security.