Celebrity Edge bookings open March 13th

CRUISEBOY305

For a week :o - eye watering :'). Wonder how much more the Christmas holiday week would be?

At present, there is only a WAITLIST option for the ICONIC Suite for the 7-night Christmas Week cruise.

That price is currently $66,231.90 for two, but you would probably pay somewhat less, once the suite actually becomes available, depending on what promotion was in place at the time the suite became available.

A1, A2, C1, C2, C3, E1-5 & ES all have the infinite veranda

SV, 1A and 1B do not. This has been confirmed by many on the this site and by me by speaking to multiple people on the phone and supervisors at celebrity. If you look closely at the deck plan this can easily be confirmed by the little marks in the corners of each balcony. By looking over the deck plans it seems the infinite balconies are in all locations of 'normal' (as in size) balcony rooms and where they cannot be placed is due to the design of the ship. ie, aft balconies and those near the very front. You'll notice, if you have watched or seen the various videos and photos that the 1A and 1B at the front of the ship will be the circular balcony openings that can be found on the Millennium class.

I was on the phone with Celebrity as well......none of the suites have the infinite verandas (from what I was told).

Ok - -guess I can't really get the vision..... the 'balcony' is enclosed more than a regular balcony......and I am sure the side 'walls' will not open to join the neighbor's balcony -- that is what we love most -- we usually have 4 or more cabins lined up together to enjoy the balconies 'joined' together. I did book this ship but think I will eventually let it go and get my deposit back. We booked a C3 as it was not much more than a regular balcony room.....got free beverage package and gratuities.

Are there regular balconies or only 'infinite' ?

If I have misjudged this please feel free to enlighten me! :)

I just put a deposit on the Jan 6, 2019 sailing for a panoramic OV-cat 10 deck 6 mid ship. I was told the window is floor to ceiling. Got the go Best promo (all 4 ) and total for both of us was $3788 which includes tax and fees. Yes,we've been to the Caribbean a gizzilion times but the ship looks amazing! We are Elite and seniors, so I'm guessing the price was adjusted for those factors.

I asked about a transatlantic maiden cruise but the agent was very mysterious and said they weren't taking bookings for that.

I know I will be Zenith by that time the ship sailing in Caribbean ,but its still don't justify the price to pay for the itinerary they are offering.

The price is highway robbery.:rolleyes:

May be thats what they called Modern Luxury.

I know I will be Zenith by that time the ship sailing in Caribbean ,but its still don't justify the price to pay for the itinerary they are offering.

The price is highway robbery.:rolleyes:

May be thats what they called Modern Luxury.

I might have missed it but is there a Michael's Club for frequent non-suite cruisers?

"The Retreat" Offers Spectacular New Experiences and Suite Categories

The ultimate sanctuary for world travelers will be the new private utopia called The Retreat, featuring a private pool on The Retreat Sundeck. Also part of this special space is The Retreat Lounge, which brings heightened levels of style and sophistication to Celebrity Edge and boasts around-the-clock personal butler service, and the exclusive Suite Class restaurant Luminae @ The Retreat.

Is there now a lounge for frequent cruisers?

Is Edge going to be the actual name of the first ship of this class . Might this be the class name with the initial ship having another name or is it a done deal ?

They said the first sailing would be in Florida in December. no TA, it seems. Maybe they're adding that as a margin so they can tidy up anything not complete.
That would be the prudent idea .

Well I'm hoping that deals will be available on the S and M ships as all the gotta have the latest and newest thing people move to the newest and bestest . Meanwhile we deal hunters will go for the deals. ;p

I might have missed it but is there a Michael's Club for frequent non-suite cruisers?

Hi Arno, no Michael's Club on board. I didn't ask about a replacement for Zenith cruisers (since it didn't pertain to me).

Just like it is now is what I was told by Celebrity this morning....interesting, but we all know that agents say different things, as communication is always lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Arno:

The lounge for Zenith is the same as the suite lounge, says so in the description. Nothing that they have revealed so far shows a Michaels Club, all the restaurants, etc show coming soon.

Arno:

The lounge for Zenith is the same as the suite lounge, says so in the description. Nothing that they have revealed so far shows a Michaels Club, all the restaurants, etc show coming soon.

Hi Don, I was told the ship will not have a Michael's Club.

This thread makes me feel so much better. I thought I was the only one who thought the prices were crazy! We are a family of 5. I looked into march 2019 dates and was quoted $23000 for penthouse, $18000 for iconic, suites $14000 (2 cabins not connecting), 2 connecting balcony cabins for $8000. Wow! $8000 for spring break with 2 cabins might not be so bad but it only comes with 1 perk for the first two passengers. No thanks.

Anyone notice that a large number of the infinity balcony rooms are labeled as partially obstructed view even on the opposite side of the magic carpet. Can't believe that this many cabins could obstructed midship on the other side.

Hi Don, I was told the ship will not have a Michael's Club.

Hi Lois:

Looks like they renamed it and just put it in the suite area. I 'm curious if there will be a dedicated CC lounge like Royal has. I'm really looking forward to the restaurants, bars, etc.

Is Edge going to be the actual name of the first ship of this class . Might this be the class name with the initial ship having another name or is it a done deal ?

That would be the prudent idea .

Well I'm hoping that deals will be available on the S and M ships as all the gotta have the latest and newest thing people move to the newest and bestest . Meanwhile we deal hunters will go for the deals. ;p

YEs, they announced that a couple of months ago at the first steel cutting, the second ship is Beyond.

Hi Lois:

Looks like they renamed it and just put it in the suite area. I 'm curious if there will be a dedicated CC lounge like Royal has. I'm really looking forward to the restaurants, bars, etc.

Never thought of it that way..........and I didn't think I would be booking it but I did:eek:.....I think it looks really neat.........;p

Don't know about a dedicated CC lounge.......I didn't ask.

With Luminae so far from MDR, their current menu will be more of a challenge. On the other hand, service should be faster with the kitchen right next to the restaurant. Also quite a walk from the suite bar to specialty restaurants.

I was told a couple of things by the agent I spoke with today while booking a sky suite- he just attended an orientation for the Edge three days ago. You will use your seapass to access the Retreat. That may be why the there are two sets of stairs in the forward area, but one set ends on the tenth deck. He also said they will be revealing more details quarterly, and that's when the deck spaces will continue to be filled in. I'm a little disappointed that for the price of a suite, there isn't an infinity balcony, but I wasn't all that impressed by the concept. It's not that difficult to just sit outside on the balcony. But I could see if you had more than two people in your room, the extra seating on the inside would be nice. Especially if chilly or raining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With Luminae so far from MDR, their current menu will be more of a challenge. On the other hand, service should be faster with the kitchen right next to the restaurant. Also quite a walk from the suite bar to specialty restaurants.

The nice thing about the location of Michael's club and dining areas on the 'older" ships is that they are located on lower floors.

I can imagine having a meal or a drink or two on deck 12, 15 (retreat) when seas are a bit rough.

I know that the sky lounge was a joy to navigate on the dance floor on occasion, even when sober...

I just put a deposit on the Jan 6, 2019 sailing for a panoramic OV-cat 10 deck 6 mid ship. I was told the window is floor to ceiling. Got the go Best promo (all 4 ) and total for both of us was $3788 which includes tax and fees. Yes,we've been to the Caribbean a gizzilion times but the ship looks amazing! We are Elite and seniors, so I'm guessing the price was adjusted for those factors.

I asked about a transatlantic maiden cruise but the agent was very mysterious and said they weren't taking bookings for that.

I price the same sailing and for an infinity balcony the price with four perks was about $100 (for 2 with taxes and fees) more than yours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I price the same sailing and for an infinity balcony the price with four perks was about $100 (for 2 with taxes and fees) more than yours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I plan on transferring the booking to my TA. What category were you looking at? It sounds like I should make a switch!

It could be that the ship goes to Europe in the summers and the Caribbean in the winters.

Those balconies are called Infinite Balconies and most balcony staterooms include them. No, they're not open to public decks. They're just a redesigned balcony stateroom. There is an accordion style door, then the balcony, then the 2-piece window. There are some pictures here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/edge-staterooms/

Thank you! Sorry...I thought I edited and erased that question. I watched the video shortly after posting and saw how the balcony works. I love it, but sad that the SS does not have them.

Will AQ have Blu?

My guess is that there will be one, but Celebrity wants to make sure that they are on schedule before releasing a date to book. As someone else mentioned. If the schedule falls behind, work can be continued by crew as the ship crosses the Atlantic. Hard to do with a ship full of people.