Harmony LIVE, March 11th - 18th. Come Sail Away!!!

Just ate at Gilbert's tonight for the very first time. We don't leave until Sunday and it's possible we'll visit again. It was amazing! We took one of the "kitchen sink" cookies back to the hotel. Lenore Gilbert recommended we heat it in a microwave for 30 seconds. She cut it into fourths for us, and 1/4 was more than adequate. IT WAS DELICIOUS! Highly recommend this place for an easy pre-cruise dinner. Thank you for sharing Gilbert's with us!

Gilbert's has been a pre-cruise tradition for us for at least 8 years and sometimes three times a year if it has been a good cruise year. I love that it is family run, over and above the fact that it is good quality food.

Lenore has surprised us with one of the massive cookies before and some of their delicious homemade coke slaw. I'm happy to read that you had a positive experience that we have become accustomed too.

Awesome review so far! I have friends sailing tomorrow as well :D

Gilbert's looks great - we are back in FLL for the Allure in May, so will have to check it out.

Have a super cruise!

Thanks Robyn. We will also send some warm weather back home to you. It sure looks like it is needed. :)

In case you haven't figured it out I love YouTube, the good channels at least. The thing is you are only ever two clicks away from the weird side, but that being said you find a few gems in the twilight zone.

In my YouTube watching, I found this video to lead into the cruise portion of my review. To think the video goes almost hand in hand with the title of my review. Almost as though I planned it before the start of this review, or maybe I did. ;)

If you want to get right to the action jump to 2:20 in the video, other wise just hit play.

Take it away Puddles.

THYX5N9HFWQ

Considering this is a cruise review, it was nice to have you following our pre-cruise adventures. I just wanted to say thank-you for following along so far.

It might not be exactly what you signed up for. However, I suspect you already know that whatever we are up to, we will have fun along the journey.

Last admission before sailing - please sing along in the tune of Sir Mix a Lot

I like big beams and I can not lie

You other cruisers can't deny

That when a ship sails in with a big fat beam

And an anchor in your face

um.... nothing to see here.... continue on.

Harmony, we will see you in less than 12 hours.

e7ca89e52540f50441b1ffb80658c8b6.jpg

Tomorrow we hit the open water.

d0a4a38ca93423cfcc5c4ab217d73ee5.jpg

5d25aa37c25d87875ae3e6b196d15cc3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They do have funny billboards in Florida. FLL to Miami...

HOT WIFE?

Better get your air conditioner fixed!

Happier Life!

I wish I had the opportunity for a photo. Enjoying the review Andrew. Your live reports are always so much fun. :D ~Patti

Considering this is a cruise review, it was nice to have you following our pre-cruise adventures. I just wanted to say thank-you for following along so far.

It might not be exactly what you signed up for. However, I suspect you already know that whatever we are up to, we will have fun along the journey.

Last admission before sailing - please sing along in the tune of Sir Mix a Lot

I like big beams and I can not lie

You other cruisers can't deny

That when a ship sails in with a big fat beam

And an anchor in your face

um.... nothing to see here.... continue on.

Harmony, we will see you in less than 12 hours.

e7ca89e52540f50441b1ffb80658c8b6.jpg

Tomorrow we hit the open water.

d0a4a38ca93423cfcc5c4ab217d73ee5.jpg

5d25aa37c25d87875ae3e6b196d15cc3.jpg

da62ec4bf002fea039e909525e4c4c1a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

HOT WIFE?

Happier Life!

I wish I had the opportunity for a photo. Enjoying the review Andrew. Your live reports are always so much fun. :D ~Patti

Our favorites are the Cocoa Beach Ron Jon's. Since we live about a mile south, we use them as a gauge to how far from home we are.

I'm thankful you shared your pre-cruise with us thanks. Needless to say Sarasota Tourism should be paying you as you have added it to my bucket list it looks like a great place to visit and I never had interest before I saw your pictures.

Did you see any alligators on the Alley?

Where is Gilbert's? It looks like a great place to go to next time I'm in FLL.

Happy Cruise Day!

She's here. I can only guess the other 127 people watching are sailing on Harmony, as the other ships in port aren't that exciting. No offence to them as they are nice but they aren't the biggest in the world. What the heck are we all doing up so early?

a327a2bb654207459aff3e2a96dbc742.jpg

She's facing the wrong way so there must be boat drinks (or is it drills) today. We will have to hustle it after muster to deck 16 for the mandatory one finger wave to anyone watching the Fort Lauderdale PTZtv web camera. We are cruising and you watching at home aren't. Really, I wave with the whole hand but when they zoom in you can't really tell.

Around 5 pm today, if you chose your own adventure, it will be to find Andrew at sail away. I will be port side in shorts and a t-shirt, or maybe a robe. I hear that is fashionable on the pool deck. I put my vote on Cruise Life Rick to find us, he has that uncanny skill for that type challenge.

Good luck, you will need it to find me.

HOT WIFE?

Happier Life!

Mmm, what do you do if you have one all the time. ;)

Our favorites are the Cocoa Beach Ron Jon's. Since we live about a mile south, we use them as a gauge to how far from home we are.

If I ever come visit Bella I know I will be close when I see Ron Jon's.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I'm thankful you shared your pre-cruise with us thanks. Needless to say Sarasota Tourism should be paying you as you have added it to my bucket list it looks like a great place to visit and I never had interest before I saw your pictures.

Did you see any alligators on the Alley?

Where is Gilbert's? It looks like a great place to go to next time I'm in FLL.

Happy Cruise Day!

They have a fence reminiscent of the Berlin Wall along the highway so we saw no Gators at all.

A map to Gilbert's.

43d2036b4a3a138d9deb41611691ac8a.jpg

We walk the red route and cut through the ground level of the LA Fitness parking lot right at their entrance. Beside being 1 minute faster you feel more content having just devoured a juicy burger while those you walk pass those at the gym are dreaming about it.

It kind of makes you feel like this.

1a322ae4118bf4645414b8ef5168c5fb.jpg

They have a fence reminiscent of the Berlin Wall along the highway so we saw no Gators at all.

A map to Gilbert's.

43d2036b4a3a138d9deb41611691ac8a.jpg

We walk the red route and cut through the ground level of the LA Fitness parking lot right at their entrance. Beside being 1 minute faster you feel more content having just devoured a juicy burger while those you walk pass those at the gym are dreaming about it.

It kind of makes you feel like this.

1a322ae4118bf4645414b8ef5168c5fb.jpg

Thanks, after looking on the map I now know where to go.

Enjoy the rest of your trip, I may be silent but definitely will be following.

Thanks, after looking on the map I now know where to go.

Enjoy the rest of your trip, I may be silent but definitely will be following.

Chime in whenever you wish, it's definitely OK.

Enjoy your cruise...we'll see ya on PART II the following week. :)

You on the week after us? Now I know who's cabin I can hide in on disembarkation day.:D

Looks like a beautiful day here in FLL. See you on board in less than 4 hours....that less than 4 hours definitely has a nice ring to it.:)

It's Harmony day!!! That's music to my ears. :D

It's Harmony day!!! That's music to my ears. :D

Congrats on making it!

Thanks for all of your pre-cruise adventure reporting, it was very entertaining! We are looking forward to some ship entertainment now!

Oh, and you've convinced me that have to check out Gilbert's next time!

As a local, we love Gilbert's, but it's so busy this time of year. The whole 17th Street area is crazy right now. We did the math last winter, and on any given weekend there could be 60,000 cruisers passing thru!

We'll be taking our boat down to the port this afternoon to watch sailaway, so look for a 22 foot Aquasport, with an aqua bimini,singing "Everybody Dance Now" as you leave.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Trish