The beautiful Rotterdam departing Bergen

This afternoon Rotterdam sailed from her berth in Bergen, Norway after calling into the city for the day. She seems like a great ship, and there were plenty of happy cruisers lining the rails to watch the sailaway :). I've put a full set of photos up on my hobby blog...

https://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2017/05/rotterdam.html

I hope these are of interest to some of you here :D

20170518_170615.jpg

Thank you for sharing your own love affair with cruise ships. As a local, what off the beaten track tips can you offer a do-it-yourself cruise passenger who arrives in your lovely city of Bergen for one whole day?

Yes, ms Rotterdam is a great ship.

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photographs.

We look forward to visiting Bergen again on the Rotterdam's Voyage of the Vikings this summer.

You live in a wonderful city.

Barbara

Thank you all for your kind comments :D It's really nice to know others are enjoying the photos!

Thank you for sharing your own love affair with cruise ships. As a local, what off the beaten track tips can you offer a do-it-yourself cruise passenger who arrives in your lovely city of Bergen for one whole day?

OlsSalt; to answer your question, I've started a thread over on the 'Ports of Call' board to help people out wiht their visits to Bergen: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2497578

If you have any other questions though, please fire away! I'm happy to help.

I hope all of you visiting Bergen soon will have a great trip. I'll try to get some photos of Rotterdam's upcoming departures over the summer, so you can all see your sailaways from the other side too :D

Thank you all for your kind comments :D It's really nice to know others are enjoying the photos!

OlsSalt; to answer your question, I've started a thread over on the 'Ports of Call' board to help people out wiht their visits to Bergen: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2497578

If you have any other questions though, please fire away! I'm happy to help.

I hope all of you visiting Bergen soon will have a great trip. I'll try to get some photos of Rotterdam's upcoming departures over the summer, so you can all see your sailaways from the other side too :D

Thanks for the link and the great local service you are providing. My own goal is the Hanseatic Museum this time we go back to Bergen.

Thanks for the link and the great local service you are providing. My own goal is the Hanseatic Museum this time we go back to Bergen.

As it happens, a close friend of mine has just started working as a guide at the Hanseatic Museum. I've never been myself, but I can ask her if she has any top tips for you on your trip (special information, best times of day to visit, etc.) :)

• 1 month later...
Rotterdam called into Bergen again today, and I caught her departure as I passed her on my way home from work :)

Again, there's a full set of photos up on my hobby blog, for those of you who may be interested:

https://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2017/07/rotterdam.html

20170706_171946.jpg

So exciting to see this "just the right size" ship that we will soon be boarding in only a few weeks, which also includes a visit to your lovely city too. Keep the weather looking as good as it did in this photo, please. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing. I just subscribed to your blog and am looking forward to your posts.

Your pictures and comments about the ships are most interesting.

Thanks for your kind comments :) I hope you enjoy the blog updates; it's grown from 'somewhere to dump my cruise ship photos' into a really fun hobby. Always interesting to do a bit of research into the ships that visit the city :).

So exciting to see this "just the right size" ship that we will soon be boarding in only a few weeks, which also includes a visit to your lovely city too. Keep the weather looking as good as it did in this photo, please. Thanks.

Hehe, I'll do my best with the weather ;). Hopefully I'll be able to catch a few photos of your arrival or departure from Bergen too...if I do I'll post them to this thread :).