Reservation for anytime dining when part of your party always late

sdf89

The title kind of says it: we are family of 5 and 2 are always late. But the rest of us are big on eating early most days (but not all days... hence the anytime dining was booked).

So the question: if we call the reservation line in the am and get a reservation for 6pm and 3 of us show up, will they seat us and the family joins us soon? or will they require all 5 to be present?

Do what we do at Christmas with part of our family - give your latecomers a time to meet one half hour earlier than the time you want to eat. Works like a charm. 😂

Make the reservation for 3. Show up on time and enjoy your meal. When the others show up late laugh and point and tell them they are losers and should learn to be on time if they want to be included. People who are consistently late are selfish and deserve to be left out. If others continue to enable their behavior it will never improve.

Make the reservation for 3. Show up on time and enjoy your meal. When the others show up late laugh and point and tell them they are losers and should learn to be on time if they want to be included. People who are consistently late are selfish and deserve to be left out. If others continue to enable their behavior it will never improve.

I agree. Eat without them and eventually they will figure it out - that is if they actually want to eat with you. There is no way I would hold eating dinner because two can't get ready on time. They are adults and should be held accountable. That makes it a YP not a MP. My son once asked me how come he wasn't in the group photo on one of our cruises. I told him. The meeting time was 5:30. I told him to hurry up at least 3 times but they both took their time. There was no way 16 other people, including small children, had to wait around for them to show up.

LOVE THIS! Perfect answer!

In our experience all in the party must be present before the table is seated.

This has always been our experience as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree with this. People who are habitually late think everything revolves around them. We have one in our large party and our motto is if she doesn't show up then she will be left out and can come up with her own plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. Those people are a bore.

Whether it is with a reservation or not, ask for a table that will seat all five. It is OK to tell the greeter that the other two will be there shortly to join you at the table.

But, since you know they will be late, go ahead and order without them. Be sure to tell your waiter that you do want to order before the others show up.

They will end up either accepting the fact they will show up while you are already eating or they will start showing up earlier.

Whether it is with a reservation or not, ask for a table that will seat all five. It is OK to tell the greeter that the other two will be there shortly to join you at the table.

But, since you know they will be late, go ahead and order without them. Be sure to tell your waiter that you do want to order before the others show up.

They will end up either accepting the fact they will show up while you are already eating or they will start showing up earlier.

Good answer. :) Not confrontational. After all, it is a holiday and you don't want to upset anyone.

Actions - or lack thereof - should have consequences. It's part of that whole "grown up" thing.

+1. The people who try to work w the consistently late people are just enabling their bad behavior. I would not even invite them on the next cruise,

DON

The title kind of says it: we are family of 5 and 2 are always late. But the rest of us are big on eating early most days (but not all days... hence the anytime dining was booked).

So the question: if we call the reservation line in the am and get a reservation for 6pm and 3 of us show up, will they seat us and the family joins us soon? or will they require all 5 to be present?

On most Princess ships reservations are accepted for ATD, but are only for certain times. For example 5:30, 5:45, 7:30, 7:45. You can make a reservation for 5 and just see how it goes. Just mention 2 more are coming. The waiter will probably delay any order taking and serving until all arrive.

Some ships handle ATD better than others. We have been using ATD for years and each cruise is different. After feeling out the situation the first few days we get to know what time to show up, and if necessary make a reservation. Most times a reservation isn't needed. We have found boarding day to be somewhat chaotic, and usually dine somewhere else that evening.

And then when the original group is done stand up and leave the others to finish their meal. Just say you have something else to do and go about enjoying YOUR cruise.