are we seeing non refundable deposits slowly being integrated

i notice the site is changing slowly. the graphics to bring up a room are different and it now says refundable deposit on the bottom of the pricing graphic. this is not on all cruises though.

just weird that a balcony room has that on the price. maybe it's true non refundables are coming even for balcony

i notice the site is changing slowly. the graphics to bring up a room are different and it now says refundable deposit on the bottom of the pricing graphic. this is not on all cruises though.

just weird that a balcony room has that on the price. maybe it's true non refundables are coming even for balcony

Maybe I don't remember correctly, but I thought non-refundables were coming for every category if one opted for the lower price. We just didn't know what the price difference would be.

also the 2 cruises i monitor daily are at their highest prices since may. shot up over 100 overnight

Never let a crisis go to waste - RCI could very well play some pricing games with the introduction of the new fare structure.

Booked a cruise on board Oasis last week and was told by our NextCruise agent that on July 1st all deposits would be non-refundable as well as be higher than they are currently. This played a role in our decision to book. We actually booked a cruise we have no intention of taking on the advice of the agent so we could lock in the lower refundable deposit along with the on board credit which she assured us would transfer when we switch to the cruise we actually want.

I noticed that some of the suites have both a refundable and non-refundable deposit option. I wonder if they're planning on leaving refundable deposition options for full suites. That would be great if they do. Maybe the refundable option will disappear after July 1. Will have to keep checking, I guess,

Booked a cruise on board Oasis last week and was told by our NextCruise agent that on July 1st all deposits would be non-refundable as well as be higher than they are currently. This played a role in our decision to book. We actually booked a cruise we have no intention of taking on the advice of the agent so we could lock in the lower refundable deposit along with the on board credit which she assured us would transfer when we switch to the cruise we actually want.

According to the announcement the cruise line made, there will be a new fare code that offers a better rate, but will have a non-refundable deposit. They are still supposed to be offering fares with refundable deposits like they do now.

Supposedly there will be a choice of either non refundable (lower rate) and refundable

Maybe I don't remember correctly, but I thought non-refundables were coming for every category if one opted for the lower price. We just didn't know what the price difference would be.

Its always non refundable deposits in the UK.

Looks like they are going towards the airline model. Which I can understand. Secures people on boat. Let's just hope we don't see a family knocked out and dragged off a ship! :)

In the UK we have to pay the full balance for airfares when we book.

In the UK we have to pay the full balance for airfares when we book.

I think what the poster meant is that like the airlines, RCI is going to have both a lower non-refundable fare and a higher refundable fare - not an issue with payment.

It is available on some cruises. I switched one of my cruises today to the NRD. It still is glitchy though. I had to call back to get my book-on-board credit re-applied. It was available for inside, ocean view and balconies. The savings was $100p/p.

It is available on some cruises. I switched one of my cruises today to the NRD. It still is glitchy though. I had to call back to get my book-on-board credit re-applied. It was available for inside, ocean view and balconies. The savings was $100p/p.

Was the savings $100 pp PLUS the $100 OBC?

Was the savings $100 pp PLUS the $100 OBC?

Yes, the savings was $100 per person PLUS the $100 OBC for booking on-board PLUS the $100 for NRD outside 6 months. This is a Balcony 7N Cruise. So total savings $200 plus total OBC $200.

*Price is per person, cruise only, reflects any promotional savings, and is subject to change and availability until booked. Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee

This was on the bottom on a Sept 2018 booking for Allure.