Please tell me it's not true - Solarium pool on Harmony of the seas?

No wonder I assumed there was a solarium pool, RCCL's own marketing folks have it on the website.:')

These are the same marketing folks that said every ship has VOOM last May, having folks assume that meant O3B internet. To the marketing folks, any for form of water is a pool, so with the hot tubs in the Solarium it can be said that it has a "pool".

I've been on Oasis twice - loved it . The best thing about RC ships is the Solarium area and pool (no children) Spontaneously my husband and booked the Harmony yesterday for a sailing in three weeks. I figured it would be a similar ship. I started looking at videos today and walkthroughs. I don't seem to see anything about a solarium pool on harmony??!! but I see there is still a solarium. I love having a lounge in the solarium, with a book, soaking up the sun in the Carribbean and cooling off in the pool. Love the waterfall solarium pool on Oasis. What do folks do? Leave the solarium and go to the kids pool? I can have my chair, book, etc... in the solarium and go to the pool and not worry about people stealing things because I can keep an eye from the pool. but I don't feel comfortable going all the way to a different area of the ship to another pool. It also looks like there are less hot tubs.

This is all my fault for not researching this ship and making assumptions but I needed to vent/rant.

When you mention waterfall pools on Oasis are you getting this confused with the pool on Anthem. That looks like a waterfall pool to me. The solarium pool on Oasis is some sort of joke to me, a small round pool with over head sprinklers. This pool is certainly not meant for swimming, just for standing still, trying to cool off.

When you mention waterfall pools on Oasis are you getting this confused with the pool on Anthem. That looks like a waterfall pool to me. The solarium pool on Oasis is some sort of joke to me, a small round pool with over head sprinklers. This pool is certainly not meant for swimming, just for standing still, trying to cool off.

With the wall to wall people in the regular pools, it's not like you can swim much anyways. The pool on the Oasis is a wading pool and outstanding to sit and enjoy a drink while cooling off.

This was a packed sea day, and still room to hang out and enjoy a drink. It's a relaxed atmosphere and quite nice. It's a shame it's not on Harmony. I can't help but think during a dry dock they may figure out how to put one in.

oasis-pool.jpg

There was a solarium pool on Harmony and Oasis? Oh, wait, I thought that was a hot tub with cold water in it. LOL.
lol - It is a small pool. I counted 42 people in the Solarium pool on Allure at one point last week and the signs showed a capacity of 29. The over-capacity didn't seem to bother the Lifeguard though.:o

• 5 weeks later...
I might be getting confused with another ship, but I thought Harmony had some misters in the Solarium to cool off.

When we were on Harmony in February There was something that looked like a shower that when you turned it on it squirted upwards. Nothing that misted you on an ongoing basis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So Panda, please let us know how you liked Harmony. We will be on her in 7.5 weeks. We're in our 60's but very young at heart and we're looking forward to the slides other pools and all the wonderful entertainment:)

We have been on Oasis and did enjoy the Solarium pool.....after dinner when we had the pool to ourselves:)

Hope you had a GREAT time!:cool:

I've been on Oasis twice - loved it . The best thing about RC ships is the Solarium area and pool (no children) Spontaneously my husband and booked the Harmony yesterday for a sailing in three weeks. I figured it would be a similar ship. I started looking at videos today and walkthroughs. I don't seem to see anything about a solarium pool on harmony??!! but I see there is still a solarium. I love having a lounge in the solarium, with a book, soaking up the sun in the Carribbean and cooling off in the pool. Love the waterfall solarium pool on Oasis. What do folks do? Leave the solarium and go to the kids pool? I can have my chair, book, etc... in the solarium and go to the pool and not worry about people stealing things because I can keep an eye from the pool. but I don't feel comfortable going all the way to a different area of the ship to another pool. It also looks like there are less hot tubs.

This is all my fault for not researching this ship and making assumptions but I needed to vent/rant.

There is no pool there and this has been covered since day i sailing and we cancelled 3 cruises on the harmony for that reason.

Thanks for the attack, but in my opinion it's a problem.

I agree with the OP. I was saddened to learn there was no Solarium pool on the Harmony. We love lounging about reading and then taking a dip in the pool. Misters will never take the place of the pool.

Thanks for the quick reply Bob. Misters are nice, but for me, the only thing I do in the day is hang out in the solarium and go back and forth from suntanning into the pool. This is my own fault for making an assumption that all RC ships had an adults pool. That has just been my experience.

I took a Carnival Cruise once (The Dream) that didn't have an adults pool and I was swimming with babies with diapers on. That's not my idea of relaxation, lol.

If you see babies with diapers on, in the pool, someone has broken the RCL rules.

They're not even allowed in the regular splash pad area.

Let me just add my 2 cents. We sailed on Harmony back in November (the third cruise from Florida I believe) and knew then that there was no solarium pool. We didn't let it bother us, because quite frankly that wasn't that important to us. We were going for the full ship experience. After all, at the time it was our first Oasis class cruise and the newest and biggest on the ocean.

This past May we decided to sail on the Oasis because we loved the Harmony so much. To be quite honest, we loved the solarium on the Harmony much more than the Oasis. The design and openings in the glass of the Harmony solarium made it much cooler than Oasis. On the Oasis we felt like we were in an oven almost the entire cruise, unless we were moving pretty good and getting a bit of breeze. The pool on the Oasis wasn't really a pool, but more of a soaking tub that was closed most of the week anyway. The misters on Harmony do basically what the "cool down pool/tub" on Oasis does and take up less space so that they can fit more of those much desired lounge chairs that people hog.

Of all the solarium layouts, Freedom class is our favorite...where you actually have a pool and it's not so dang hot! :)

Let me just add my 2 cents. We sailed on Harmony back in November (the third cruise from Florida I believe) and knew then that there was no solarium pool. We didn't let it bother us, because quite frankly that wasn't that important to us. We were going for the full ship experience. After all, at the time it was our first Oasis class cruise and the newest and biggest on the ocean.

This past May we decided to sail on the Oasis because we loved the Harmony so much. To be quite honest, we loved the solarium on the Harmony much more than the Oasis. The design and openings in the glass of the Harmony solarium made it much cooler than Oasis. On the Oasis we felt like we were in an oven almost the entire cruise, unless we were moving pretty good and getting a bit of breeze. The pool on the Oasis wasn't really a pool, but more of a soaking tub that was closed most of the week anyway. The misters on Harmony do basically what the "cool down pool/tub" on Oasis does and take up less space so that they can fit more of those much desired lounge chairs that people hog.

Of all the solarium layouts, Freedom class is our favorite...where you actually have a pool and it's not so dang hot! :)

Oasis has better welds. [emoji6]

I'll miss the seats under the bridge in Freedom's solarium. But there are only 10 or so for 2,000+ adults. [emoji33]

Oh, and the beach pool is better on Oasis. [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I thought the bridge was on deck 10?:confused:

Different kind of bridge. [emoji6]

Speaking of "the Bridge", I wonder how many people have flashed the crew from the peekaboo on Voyager ships?

And why doesn't Freedom have one?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app