Vaping (E-cigs) ??

FiggyWig

I dont know about the U.S. but here in the UK vaping is becoming an increasingly popular past-time... you see many more people on the streets with a vape in hand than a conventional cigarette, they are even seen in use in public places bars / restaurants etc.

So myself, a once was smoker who gave up for 15 years, returned to smoking but has given up again to take up vaping. So having sat on both sides of the fence, I consider vaping is far more socially friendly...no nasty long lasting smell, no mess and I can also say I am not one of those who fills the area with 'clouds'... not all devices are like that(my son has one of those 😨. I just enjoy the taste but have to say it has become as addictive as nicotine.

You can imagine my question - where on board will I be able to 'get away with it' ?

Any views ?

For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, our ships are designated as non-smoking; however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke. Therefore, to provide an onboard environment that also satisfies smokers, we have designated certain areas of the ship as "smoking areas." Generally, smoking is not permitted except in designated areas. (Contact Guest Relations for additional details). This policy includes smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes.

Smoking is not permitted inside any guest stateroom; nor on any guest veranda. If a guest is in violation of this policy, a cleaning fee of $250 USD will be applied to their SeaPass® account and the guest may be subject to further action pursuant to the "Consequences Section" of this Guest Conduct Policy.

Celebrity Cruises kindly asks all guests to please observe the non-smoking areas and to refrain from smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars in any of the non-designated areas. These requests are made to provide a comfortable shipboard environment for everyone. Where permitted, cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco must always be properly disposed of and never thrown overboard. A guest must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess or use tobacco.

Thankfully vaping is considered smoking.

One of the reasons that I say this is be because of those that are smoking real cancer sticks and then claim that they were vaping because they also have them in their possession.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

OP will not " get away with it" as requested.

Must smoke only where permitted and thankfully Celebrity is diligent in enforcement....even on your balcony if you have one!

I respectively disagree. We cruise with another couple. He has one of those disposable e-cigs and smokes it all the time in his cabin. I have not seen it, but this is what he claims and I believe him. We have been in his presence many times when he smokes it and it has no odor. How would anyone know he is smoking in the cabin or on his balcony if it has no odor? I am not at all condoning this. Just saying it is possible. I guess if a neighbor on the balcony saw smoke, but the one he smokes does not seem to emit much at all.

Edited by Living4acruise2day
edit

OP will not " get away with it" as requested.

Not at 'request' - purely an inquiry - more out of curiosity for my own benefit. I would not / do not intend on breaking any rules - was just wondering about peoples experiences or what they have witnessed while onboard, since as times go on, so the use of vapes (at least in the UK) appears to be on the increase.

It is seen by some of the people doing it as acceptable anywhere and have had a couple friends times when it's creeped I to other areas. We did see someone doing it at the martini bar and a very professional word was had by one of the crew to stop it. Also by the pool in non smoking areas, my husband asked a couple in a hot tub to please stop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bout sums up the attitude here. I don't smoke but I realize we as a society have gone overboard especially on the vap. Geez people do you just go out of your way to bust "rule breakers", relax and enjoy your vacation you will never know if someone is vaping on their balcony. And ever been in an elevated in the morning when someone overloaded on the 4711 perfume:eek:.

There's a lot of doubt about the chemicals involved in ecigs. Personally I have a problem with them - I take an immediate allergic reaction in my upper respiratory tract if in the same vicinity indoors as someone vaping. It doesn't happen with everyone but the vast percentage. I can immediately tell if someone is using one as I feel the reaction starting, mucus and constriction which if left unchecked would have me talking like Donald Duck in minutes and takes many hours to get over. I have to leave immediately or ask either the person to leave or management in premises where they are banned to act. I know others who have a similar reaction. No idea what causes this but is a big issue for me personally.

Bout sums up the attitude here. I don't smoke but I realize we as a society have gone overboard especially on the vap. Geez people do you just go out of your way to bust "rule breakers", relax and enjoy your vacation you will never know if someone is vaping on their balcony. And ever been in an elevated in the morning when someone overloaded on the 4711 perfume:eek:.

I guess you have never smelled some of the favored vape...some of it is putrid smelling.

You can vape in your cabin, as no one will be able to tell. If you are vaping in a "no-smoking" public area, someone is sure to call you out on it.

The stuff is poison!!. I can smell it and if I got a cabin after a person doing it I would know and would not be staying in that cabin. Why can't people just respect others and follow the rules???