re meat pies

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Well got my Harry’s today, decided I would try the new chicken and leek, not overly impressed, the chicken was almost minced and it was a bit dry.

they also had a new minced beef pie

and coming soon lame and rosemary (which I will give a go eventually).

Meanwhile tonight is a pie of another type, APPLE.

Mrs G had the Feta and spinach roll as a tiger, ie with mashed spud, mushy peas and gravy.

Bit cruel using lame lamb in a pie, hope they put it down humanely first.  Oh, dear sort of a Mic joke. I must desist.😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That pie looks top quality.  I am giving it the 'CC pie of the month award.' 

Thank you, Les. Next time you come up to Sydney pop over to Lane Cove and stock up on some. They have a great range of pies.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

13 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I had a deconstructed bacon and egg pie for lunch. I had them like without the pastry but with hash browns.

We had egg and bacon rolls for lunch one day during the week. Very tasty! Something we have missed while junior football has not been played - grandsons' club usually sells them. We wait for breakfast until at the ground on home games and buy a roll each filled with egg and bacon. Yummo!

Leigh

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thank you, Les. Next time you come up to Sydney pop over to Lane Cove and stock up on some. They have a great range of pies.

My son, Mr Chimu, lives in Riverview, opposite the college, near you.  Lane Cove is good shopping, eateries and new Aldi and new Coles. And the pie shop  

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

My son, Mr Chimu, lives in Riverview, opposite the college, near you.  Lane Cove is good shopping, eateries and new Aldi and new Coles. And the pie shop  

Yes  there is some great food shopping in Lane Cove and Lane Cove West. The new Coles doesn't open until Wednesday and the new restaurants don't open until later in the year but we have some great ones already. Best pizza - Via Napoli, and now the best pane di casa (bread) I 've ever tasted. The Spanish restaurant, Encasa, is excellent, and the crepes at Four Frogs Creperie are very traditional French crepes. We have some good Asian restaurants too. 

We rented in Riverview for a couple of years until we bought our house in Lane Cove North.

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

Bit cruel using lame lamb in a pie, hope they put it down humanely first.  Oh, dear sort of a Mic joke. I must desist.😝

I bet you felt a bit “sheepish” about telling  a Mic joke about a lame lamb pie.  I thought it was “ shear” genius.😁

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes  there is some great food shopping in Lane Cove and Lane Cove West. The new Coles doesn't open until Wednesday and the new restaurants don't open until later in the year but we have some great ones already. Best pizza - Via Napoli, and now the best pane di casa (bread) I 've ever tasted. The Spanish restaurant, Encasa, is excellent, and the crepes at Four Frogs Creperie are very traditional French crepes. We have some good Asian restaurants too. 

We rented in Riverview for a couple of years until we bought our house in Lane Cove North.

Small world, indeed we visited those restaurants often when we visited my son and family.  Two top ones. My son is great friends with the guy who own Encasa, he also has 2 in the city.  The paella is great.  During Covid my son has been helping his mate - Mr Encasa, I have met him, but forget his name,  with the overload doing deliveries, singing for his supper so to speak.  Via Napoli is also great for Italian food.🍽️  Your Woollies up there has the best array and display of cheeses I have seen anywhere.  Foodies heaven is Lane Cove, always buzzing.🍕🍷🌮

Edited by NSWP

11 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I bet you felt a bit “sheepish” about telling  a Mic joke about a lame lamb pie.  I thought it was “ shear” genius.😁

I thought I would get 'Roasted' over it Graham, by Uncle Mic.😜

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Small world, indeed we visited those restaurants often when we visited my son and family.  Two top ones. My son is great friends with the guy who own Encasa, he also has 2 in the city.  The paella is great.  During Covid my son has been helping his mate - Mr Encasa, I have met him, but forget his name,  with the overload doing deliveries, singing for his supper so to speak.  Via Napoli is also great for Italian food.🍽️  Your Woollies up there has the best array and display of cheeses I have seen anywhere.  Foodies heaven is Lane Cove, always buzzing.🍕🍷🌮

The new butcher in the Woollies building (Market Square) has a great range of cheeses too, plus some very interesting smallgoods. I picked up some guanciale (cured pork cheek) the other day. That's the first time I've ever seen that in a local butcher's shop. 

The only disappointment is that we've lost our fishmonger so no fresh fish locally unless we go to Chatswood or the Fish Markets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

About the Camembert and Cabernet Sauvignon.

Mic! That is probably the worst possible wine and cheese pairing. The cab sauv would completely overpower the camembert. You need a good strong cheddar with that wine.

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Mic! That is probably the worst possible wine and cheese pairing. The cab sauv would completely overpower the camembert. You need a good strong cheddar with that wine.

Couldn't have been that bad, both the bottle and the cheese were finished.

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You certainly would need the red with a strong firm cheese...this would do..CB.png.f3d9e1ced1a308cbfacd3c58b24613f8.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

About the Camembert and Cabernet Sauvignon.

You NATCAP people have strange tastes, cuisine wise. Must be the frosty weather that affects the taste buds.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Although I see your pie Les I raise you a grilled medium Certified Angus Beef Steak with corn on the cob and potato salad. No pastry involved, as mic would say "deconstructed"

I had another deconstructed pie then, this time in the form of Spiced Gouda on toast.

We had a roast beef on multigrain sour dough sandwich with a mug of homemade pea and ham soup for lunch. The roast beef was left over from last night. There's enough for sandwiches for lunch tomorrow too. So yum.

Leigh