re meat pies

25 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Although I see your pie Les I raise you a grilled medium Certified Angus Beef Steak with corn on the cob and potato salad. No pastry involved, as mic would say "deconstructed"

I had one of those deconstructed pies in Emerald, Queensland, a couple of years ago, well it was a GF pie, but I inadvertently dropped it on the footpath, it was still in the paper bag, so the gravy was drinkable. $7 down the drain.🤢 I like the sound of your 'supper' as you call the evening meal over there, you don't call it dinner or tea?'  Below are pics of the food at my favourite steak restaurant down here, Donegans.  Irish of course.donegans.jpg.97f7ffb9cf101e4d1e5212129e6d91ea.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

In the immortal words of Dirty Harry "No one puts ketchup on a hot dog"😁

I do, many Aussies do Lyle, do you not put tomato sauce on yours? I like BBQ sauce on them too, or perhaps a mild mustard.

Dirty Harry would shoot you with his .44 Magnum for putting tomato sauce on one's hot dog? A bit harsh.👨‍✈️😆

46 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So you had do the surf and turf. We did fish the last 2 nights so it was definitely beef tonight. It must suck to have to leave the bread in the basket, and trying to find gluten free beer must be a nightmare

The bread was not for me, I used to love beer pre 2010.  GF beer is available but taste awful and $80 a carton. I have the odd Corona, been tested as low gluten.  Not the virus, the Mexican beer you know.  I mainly drink wine and scotch, Chivas Regal is my usual tipple in the winter and alcoholic cider in summer, you would call it hard cider.   The best cider is in the West of England - Scrumpy, can be 9% alcohol by volume, lubbly jubbly, couple of pints of that and you would be bouncing. Speaking from experience.

Can you imagine how hard it is for me to ignore those beautiful bread rolls at dinner in the Princess ship's MDR, cruel is the word. Pre Coeliac  - 2010, I would devour 3 of the rolls, awaiting my starter, which was often the Shrimp Cocktail x 2, lubbly jubbly. Or the blue onion soup.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, mr walker said:

No pies for us today - hot dogs, with Bega vintage cheese & tomato ketchup 🙂

Glad you got the Bega Cheese, Mr Walker, good stuff is it not.  If you are down Bega way, visit the factory and shop/museum, plenty of cheese tastings.

cheese.jpg

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I do, many Aussies do Lyle, do you not put tomato sauce on yours? I like BBQ sauce on them too, or perhaps a mild mustard.

Dirty Harry would shoot you with his .44 Magnum for putting tomato sauce on one's hot dog? A bit harsh.👨‍✈️😆

Green relish, Bavarian sweet mustard and onions is my standard hot dog toppings. Once in a very long time I have been known to put chili and cheese on a hot dog, but never ketchup.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The bread was not for me, I used to love beer pre 2010.  GF beer is available but taste awful and $80 a carton. I have the odd Corona, been tested as low gluten.  Not the virus, the Mexican beer you know.  I mainly drink wine and scotch, Chivas Regal is my usual tipple in the winter and alcoholic cider in summer, you would call it hard cider.   The best cider is in the West of England - Scrumpy, can be 9% alcohol by volume, lubbly jubbly, couple of pints of that and you would be bouncing. Speaking from experience.

We have 2 craft cideries reasonably close and we have a several pubs with Strongbow on tap. I was never able to find a liking for scotch, or gin for that matter. I do like rye (what you would call "Canadian" whiskey) Crown Royal on ice, others with Sprite or 7up or Ginger Ale.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

We have 2 craft cideries reasonably close and we have a several pubs with Strongbow on tap. I was never able to find a liking for scotch, or gin for that matter. I do like rye (what you would call "Canadian" whiskey) Crown Royal on ice, others with Sprite or 7up or Ginger Ale.

Had Crown Royal, quite like it. One time on Princess they had run out of most Elite mini bar minature spirits, so they gave me a half bottle of Crown Royal, it sort of evaporated in the sea air, or the a/c, not sure. 🤣 Also Canadian Club and dry ginger ale. Or the Chivas on the rocks.  Gin I hate.  Strongbow cider is ok, most pubs and clubs have it here, often on tap. But there are some good ciders in Tasmania, Mercury and Cascade.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Can you imagine how hard it is for me to ignore those beautiful bread rolls at dinner in the Princess ship's MDR, cruel is the word. Pre Coeliac  - 2010, I would devour 3 of the rolls, awaiting my starter, which was often the Shrimp Cocktail x 2, lubbly jubbly. Or the blue onion soup.

The first time I went to England ended up in the West Country.

At the local pub, they made their own scrumpy. Said it wasn’t mature enough until there were at least 2 dead rats floating on top.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Glad you got the Bega Cheese, Mr Walker, good stuff is it not.  If you are down Bega way, visit the factory and shop/museum, plenty of cheese tastings.

cheese.jpg

Visited the factory last Oct on our road trip down to Merimbula. It brought back memories of visiting the factory back when I was a kid on family holiday to Tathra. Been a Bega cheese devotee ever since 🙂

48 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Who is going to volunteer to take Lyle to a Bunnings sausage sizzle when he finally makes it to Oz?

Well it is probably my second favourite food group.

19 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

19 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Onions on top or the bottom ? 😁😁

6 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

OH&S -- onions underneath.

Taste better that way, too.

I like my onions on top but it proably doesn't matter if they on top of or under the sausage. But it could be a while until we buy a sausage at Bunnings again. Pity as many organisations are missing out on fund raising.

image.jpeg.48c295217ff5251481ca434979ccbbed.jpeg    The Bunnings sausage sizzle has changed… and Australians aren't ...

Leigh

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I like my onions on top but it proably doesn't matter if they on top of or under the sausage. But it could be a while until we buy a sausage at Bunnings again. Pity as many organisations are missing out on fund raising.

image.jpeg.48c295217ff5251481ca434979ccbbed.jpeg    The Bunnings sausage sizzle has changed… and Australians aren't ...

Leigh

Classic Leigh, here Lyle get your lip and chompers around that, health food of a nation, above all enjoy.🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇨🇦

29 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

This will be a true indicator that the pandemic has moved along.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If you get too desperate for one you can always make it at home but it never tastes quite the same for some reason.

It doesn't OzKiwiJJ, perhaps we'll get the grandkids over for a sausage sizzle at the local park before they go back to school. Pretend we're at Bunnings. 😁