BEST VALUE & WORST VALUE cruise line & cruise ship

drsel

Dear experts,

Which in your esteemed opinion is the BEST VALUE cruise line & cruise ship--not necessarily the cheapest, but the one which gives you max. bang for your buck!

Also which is the WORST VALUE cruise line & cruise ship for the same reasons. Thanks!

Pretty much equal, across the board, but I think (IMO) NCL pushes sur-charge restaurants more than other lines and their MDR experience leaves a lot to be desired, so the sur-charge restaurants look that much more appealing.

Pretty much equal, across the board, but I think (IMO) NCL pushes sur-charge restaurants more than other lines and their MDR experience leaves a lot to be desired, so the sur-charge restaurants look that much more appealing.

"Value" is too subjective a quality to try to categorize lines on a value scale. But the above pretty well expresses my view that the low basic fare on NCL cannot be seen as providing value.

It is what you get for what you pay, not how little you pay, that counts.

If value is your primary option, the best advice is to book the cheapest available cabin on the best cruise ship you can afford. Some times of the year are the best value, while others--like Christmas and New Year's--are always the most expensive time to take a cruise.

I checked the link provided by crsndeb and you got a lot of answers from people who told you why such-and-such was a good value from their point of view. Are you looking for reinforcement of your own opinion?

"Value" and "worth it" all depends on your budget and preferred vacation style. Some of the most popular cruise lines here might be of poor "value" to me if it meant spending money on a vacation that didn't provide the atmosphere and amenities that I prefer.

One person's paradise can be another person's hell.

Value for money for us is a cruise line which explains their tipping policy at the time of booking- there's little hope they'll ever mention why they do this- and one which doesn't inflate the price of alcohol and then add an automatic gratuity on top... I don't think we'll ever use such a ship again unless the itinerary is stunning.

Value for money for us is a cruise line which explains their tipping policy at the time of booking- there's little hope they'll ever mention why they do this- and one which doesn't inflate the price of alcohol and then add an automatic gratuity on top... I don't think we'll ever use such a ship again unless the itinerary is stunning.

Costa is the only one that clearly mentions the DSC is 10 euro pppd at the time of booking, even before you book or pay anything.

It also states that the DSC is mandatory and can't be adjusted at all.

Alcoholic drinks are 5 euros, I think

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

With that being said, and since it looks like you are looking for opionions. for me personally, I think MSC's Yacht Club is the best value going, and I'm almost hesitant to mention it because as more people look at it, competition will increase, cost will go up and value will decrease.

If you are travelling without kids, don't need a lot of water slides or twerking dance instructors, and take a look at the entire package, I think YC is an outstanding value.

Nearly all inclusive, very exclusive, and it looks like you get waited on hand and foot. And when I booked it, the price was near or the same as a Celebrity Concierge Balcony with less benefits, similar itinerary, same time. So, thier marketing worked, they've pried me away from Celebrity which I love, and we'll see.

Can't wait though.

OMG, even I completely forgot that thread. Thanks for reminding me.

It appears that crzndeb is closely tracking my threads

Nope, not tracking your threads, but the title sounded familiar. I couldn't remember who made the thread, so I just searched for it and saw it was you. I just have a good memory for threads with unique, similiar titles.

I'll weigh in! I've cruised from Carnival to Regent and to me (my opinion only!) Aqua Class on Celebrity is the best value. I think it approximates (does not equal) a luxury line experience for much less money. We like port intensive cruises but at the end of the day we want a really good dinner with fabulous service.

Edit: The question wasn't asked but if price were no object, Crystal is my favorite line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll weigh in! I've cruised from Carnival to Regent and to me (my opinion only!) Aqua Class on Celebrity is the best value. I think it approximates (does not equal) a luxury line experience for much less money. We like port intensive cruises but at the end of the day we want a really good dinner with fabulous service.

Edit: The question wasn't asked but if price were no object, Crystal is my favorite line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aqua Class on Celebrity is a great value, but some may not see it that way if you break down the extra cost on a per dinner basis. To me, if you combine Aqua Class with a classic beverage perk, I'm all set for the duration.