No more Cruise Logs

JennysUncle

They must realize the true reason sounds insane in retrospect but now they Won't Back Down.....they assume it will blow over.
True, but they did apparently back down after first banning all wine brought aboard. Or maybe they had the "compromise" one bottle per adult planned all along. Edited by catl331

True, but they did apparently back down after first banning all wine brought aboard. Or maybe they had the "compromise" one bottle per adult planned all along.

Good point...

What continues to amaze me on this is how cruise logs with trivial cost and impact to onboard workload was canceled. At least with the wine they had a more rational, albeit, misguided reason......if folks keep complaining then we have a chance I suspect.

Some promising news...

Rafinmd is on the Amsterdam right now and was at the Q & A and asked about the cruise logs.

He was told that they are doing a revised version and they should be out shortly.(yn)

It's on his latest post on his LIVE thread.

Some promising news...

Rafinmd is on the Amsterdam right now and was at the Q & A and asked about the cruise logs.

He was told that they are doing a revised version and they should be out shortly.(yn)

#1. I'll believe it when I see it.

#2. No need to revise how it's presented. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'

#1. I'll believe it when I see it.

#2. No need to revise how it's presented. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'

(y) Agree, but it sounds hopeful. I sure hope those on the Grand Voyage are getting on.

So far, on all 3 of our HAL cruises this year we received cruise logs. The first two were the standard tri-fold with blue cover. The third, Aug/Sept Zuiderdam was a different format. 8 1/2 x 11 sheet printed front and back with all of the usual stats.

Hopefully, we’ll receive a log in December on the Zaandam.

Karen

Some promising news...

Hopefully Cruise Logs will be reinstated on all the Fleet.

Some promising news...

Excellent news and I think this is another example that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

If the Cruise Logs don't make a return appearance, then, as I suggested in a previous post: it's time to move up the Corporate Executive Chain and attempt to involve former HAL CEO Stein Kruse with our concerns.

Some promising news...

Ahhh, the sweet taste of success. Hotel Director Henk Mensik's word is good.

Well done, Jenny's Uncle !

Barbara

In today's world, most everything is done with word processor on a computer. So, why not e-mail a PDF version to folks and save the paper - or use art auction flyers we get several times a cruise back sides for cruise logs?

Excellent news and I think this is another example that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

If the Cruise Logs don't make a return appearance, then, as I suggested in a previous post: it's time to move up the Corporate Executive Chain and attempt to involve former HAL CEO Stein Kruse with our concerns.

Hear, hear!!!

(y)(y)(y)

So far, on all 3 of our HAL cruises this year we received cruise logs. The first two were the standard tri-fold with blue cover. The third, Aug/Sept Zuiderdam was a different format. 8 1/2 x 11 sheet printed front and back with all of the usual stats.

Hopefully, we’ll receive a log in December on the Zaandam.

Karen

brownie

Thanks for posting the Log!

This is good, I'd be happy with this, definitely.

This is good news and not just for those who want HAL to bring back the Cruise Log. It is also good news for all customers who may question the efficacy of contacting businesses when they have a complaint or a question as to why something is done (or not done) a particular way.

It is especially encouraging to see how quickly HAL management (apparently) reacted to the many letters & e-mails it received from dissatisfied customers. Too bad HAL didn't post "replies" on here, so that CCers could (legitimately) claim some credit for influencing the decision. But, never mind that, as all's well that ends well ... or, as an especially insightful CCer proclaimed, "Time will tell."

Just disembarked from the Zuiderdam on Sunday October 22nd; front desk confirmed that there would be no “Cruise Log”. That and not having any wifi coverage in my stateroom were the only complaints I had; as documented on my Survey.

Just disembarked from the Zuiderdam on Sunday October 22nd; front desk confirmed that there would be no “Cruise Log”. That and not having any wifi coverage in my stateroom were the only complaints I had; as documented on my Survey.

Curses!!! Curses!! Curses! It appears our celebration may have been a bit premature, assuming the Zuiderdam Front Desk personnel were accurately parroting the current HAL Corporate Office decision. Truly, time will tell ...

In the meantime, I renew my suggestion to contact HAL's Executive Staff by letter and e-mail if you feel strongly about this matter.

Ughhh....so disappointing to hear!

I thought maybe they were just changing the format to something that was easier for them to produce.

Karen

What one person at the Front Desk on one ship means little.

Could HD Henk Mensink get this completely wrong or would he say this to keep pax happy or would HAL Seattle tells the ships something that is completely wrong?

We'll find out eventually.

Exactly. And it sounds like they were referring to that ship, that sailing. Previous reports indicate a change in the near future. And yes, we will find out eventually.