Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Without actually seeing a colored one up close and in person, my present feeling is that I don't like them. I think the clear etched one are classy.

Agree.  I have a colored one from Anthem.   Don't like it.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Without actually seeing a colored one up close and in person, my present feeling is that I don't like them. I think the clear etched one are classy.

When I got my first colored block I wasn’t too crazy about it. Like you I thought the clear blocks I had looked classier. However, now that I have two colored blocks they have really grown on me to the point I think I like them better now. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I agree I think the clear ones are classy.

On 6/27/2024 at 2:25 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Have to agree, even though having never actually seen a colored one up close. Looks too much like one of those screen backgrounds that they (at least used to) use on formal nights for pictures.

On 6/27/2024 at 2:25 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I won't even put it out in my collection.

If I actually had a collection of these, I probably would include it although as an only colored one against all other clear ones, it would surely stick out. Just looks 'cheap' in my opinion, by comparison with the etched. And, of course, I'm sure it IS much cheaper for them. Some day - if they continue it - new cruisers might never know that there used to be clear ones, so it'll be all good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

If I actually had a collection of these, I probably would include it although as an only colored one against all other clear ones, it would surely stick out. 

FYI - There are currently 3 versions of crystal blocks.

V1 - clear with cursive ship name

V2 - clear with printed ship name (all CAPS)

V3 - colored

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

So you get a choice? Seems everyone's been saying that they're told there are no more clear ones.

No, you get what they give you.  I guess "currently" was not the correct word to use.

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

So you get a choice? Seems everyone's been saying that they're told there are no more clear ones.

You do not get a choice. V1 was before COVID and as supplies ran out it was replaced with V2.  When V2 supplies ran out it was replaced with V3.  Some ships have all three versions. Newer ships will only have two versions.  The newest ships will only have V3.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

Here is my current collection:

Liberty - earned

Oasis - purchased

Wonder - purchased

Anthem - purchased

Symphony - purchased

This is an expensive hobby.

I'm sticking with ones I earn.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I'll also trade my duplicates for another ship I've sailed.

Next year I'll have a duplicate Allure I'll be interested in trading. 🙂 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, soremekun said:

Oasis - purchased

Wonder - purchased

Anthem - purchased

Symphony - purchased

How come purchased? Assuming, then, that you didn't have enough cruise points to earn at least a few of the ones you mentioned (?)

Edited by OnTheJourney

4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

How come purchased? Assuming, then, that you didn't have enough cruise points to earn at least a few of the ones you mentioned (?)

I have decided to purchase so I can obtain blocks for ships I've previously sailed.  Every time I gain an additional 70 points, it may not be on a ship that I currently do not have in my collection.

34 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I have decided to purchase so I can obtain blocks for ships I've previously sailed.  Every time I gain an additional 70 points, it may not be on a ship that I currently do not have in my collection.

Makes sense. Wow..you must sure love that Canaveral / CocoCay / Nassau itinerary!!!

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Makes sense. Wow..you must sure love that Canaveral / CocoCay / Nassau itinerary!!!

That itinerary may be my least favorite.  But NJ is only a 45 minute flight away.  I absolutely hate flying.  I find the flight to NJ manageable to support my cruise habit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soremekun said:

That itinerary may be my least favorite.  But NJ is only a 45 minute flight away.  I absolutely hate flying.  I find the flight to NJ manageable to support my cruise habit.

If RCI sailed out of NYC I might be more tempted even with the undesirable itinerary. I'd like to ride Amtrak into the city and take the short trip to the terminal.

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If RCI sailed out of NYC I might be more tempted even with the undesirable itinerary. I'd like to ride Amtrak into the city and take the short trip to the terminal.

Take Amtrak to Newark Penn Station and Uber to Cape Liberty.

10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Agree or Amtrak to Newark and then uber to port.  Easy.  More options. 

31 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Nowhere near as convenient as NYC. Heck I can walk from Penn Station to the piers in the city.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nowhere near as convenient as NYC. Heck I can walk from Penn Station to the piers in the city.

Still more convenient than flying, at least for me.

P.S.  Maybe one of the NYC ships will drop you off at Cape Liberty while sailing down the Hudson.  😄  Or hop on the ferry ... they sail very close to the ship.

Edited by Another_Critic

5 hours ago, soremekun said:

By purchasing, I assume you mean eBay? They do seem to have some good prices on the Voyager class of ships lately.