Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

I still would like to get a Grandeur block.  Most of my cruises have been on her.  Was all set to earn my first one on her, but both of us tested positive to COVID so could not get to Barbados, not to mention to get on the ship if we got there. 

I just don't understand the allure of these blocks i guess....and i had no idea they were selling on e-bay?? (or maybe i should say "offered" on e-bay....does anybody really buy them for $100 or more....??

Hubby and I just received our first blocks on Symphony last week. Ok, they're pretty. But, what am i going to do with them when i get home??

I already have cups, t-shirts, koozies, hand sanitizors, drink coolers, lanyards, masks....all with RC logo on them and most sitting on a shelf in the closet (well, except for the koozies, we USE those!!). We love Royal, and we do appreciate the gestures to thank us for our loyalty, but i'm trying to PURGE at my house and don't need more stuff that we won't use!!!

Also, those things are heavy and i didn't need to extra weight in our suitcases since we were flying home.

So, we returned our blocks to guest services where they were VERY happy to get them back?! 

So if anyone is anxiously awaiting your Symphony block and you receive it this week - you can thank ME!!!! 😁

• Like 2

I have a large number of shelves with ships models. Blocks can fit there too, but we just put them on coffee table near our cruise photo. I am sure RCI won't be disappointed if cruisers won't take them home. Less to produce.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ajtaylor29 said:

I just don't understand the allure of these blocks i guess....and i had no idea they were selling on e-bay?? (or maybe i should say "offered" on e-bay....does anybody really buy them for $100 or more....??

Hubby and I just received our first blocks on Symphony last week. Ok, they're pretty. But, what am i going to do with them when i get home??

I already have cups, t-shirts, koozies, hand sanitizors, drink coolers, lanyards, masks....all with RC logo on them and most sitting on a shelf in the closet (well, except for the koozies, we USE those!!). We love Royal, and we do appreciate the gestures to thank us for our loyalty, but i'm trying to PURGE at my house and don't need more stuff that we won't use!!!

Also, those things are heavy and i didn't need to extra weight in our suitcases since we were flying home.

So, we returned our blocks to guest services where they were VERY happy to get them back?! 

So if anyone is anxiously awaiting your Symphony block and you receive it this week - you can thank ME!!!! 😁

Maybe they stopped but they were leaving a survey in the cabins asking people if they wanted the block or not. It would have saved you a trip to guest services. I always look forward to getting my next one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe they stopped but they were leaving a survey in the cabins asking people if they wanted the block or not. It would have saved you a trip to guest services. I always look forward to getting my next one.

Hmmmm, i'm pretty sure they didn't leave us that survey but maybe they did and i lost it in the shuffle!? I know people love them and that's great, i'm just one person and i save RC money on blocks/cost them money on other things!!!

15 hours ago, ajtaylor29 said:

does anybody really buy them for $100 or more....??

Some yes, especially in 2022 when there was lots of inflation.

Biker, who sold his fairly routine Voyager one for $120, though the rest averaged $50 or less.

• Like 1

Our blocks sat in the original boxes in a closet until we realized the eBay route. Have sold every block there along with all kinds of Royal stuff that used to be given out. Anyone remember the shot glasses at dinner? Sold. Collecting just not something we do. The only thing we have kept is 2 of the toiletry bags. Still using them. We now opt for the 3 bottles of wine as our amenity.  

• Like 2

We received our 210 block on Allure last September. Just booked the Allure TA in Oct of 2025 when it was posted Tuesday night. I have just calculated our cruises between now and then, and wouldn't you know it, we will hit 280 on that cruise. 🤣

If anyone gets a second Symphony and wants an Allure, I'll trade ya when we get back!

• Like 1

I got my first crystal block last week on the Harmony. I kind of forgot about them until I got one in my room and I was so pumped! I remember being a newbie cruiser, thinking I would never get one (in the natural fashion) but I did get one, I made it, I am a super cruiser lol! I am thinking of how I am going to display mine somewhere in a guest room or something, because why not! I don't care if it is cringe or not haha! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RobInMN said:

We received our 210 block on Allure last September. Just booked the Allure TA in Oct of 2025 when it was posted Tuesday night. I have just calculated our cruises between now and then, and wouldn't you know it, we will hit 280 on that cruise. 🤣

If anyone gets a second Symphony and wants an Allure, I'll trade ya when we get back!

I should be getting my first crystal block on our Radiance PC cruise in April.