Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

4 minutes ago, ajtaylor29 said:

well, see - here's how much i don't understand the rules of blocks....?!?!?! I thought it was once we made Diamond we would get them every cruise or something like that!!

Next cruise on Rhapsody we turn D+, i have no idea how many points that is but i guess i'll go look it up!!!

image.png.030dbbc173048ae1ba2046cadd2a8c95.png 

NOW i see the rules!!!! 🙂 I guess they are a little more exclusive than i realized....

6 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

feel bad for the person who after 13 months is still trying for get their crystal.  Come one what is another month?????

I finally got mine after inquiring multiple times for 18 months.

This was for a block earned 12/2021 and received 6/2023.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I finally got mine after inquiring multiple times for 18 months.

This was for a block earned 12/2021 and received 6/2023.

I earned my first in June 2022. Received it in March 2024, only after the LA on the ship we were on found out it was too late to get one for Serenade, so just gave us one for Adventure.

13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I earned my first in June 2022. Received it in March 2024, only after the LA on the ship we were on found out it was too late to get one for Serenade, so just gave us one for Adventure.

Mine was for Anthem, and when I inquired on Voyager, the LA said they don't have any extra Voyager blocks, but he had a Radiance block that was included in the shipment that I could have.  🙂

Just now, Another_Critic said:

Mine was for Anthem, and when I inquired on Voyager, the LA said they don't have any extra Voyager blocks, but he had a Radiance block that was included in the shipment that I could have.  🙂

I don't mind really, as Block 2 was on Jewel and Block 3 will be on Brilliance in December. I didn't really need my first 3 blocks to all be Radiance class.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

I don't mind really, as Block 2 was on Jewel and Block 3 will be on Brilliance in December. I didn't really need my first 3 blocks to all be Radiance class.

I have Enchantment (Vision), Radiance (Radiance), Adventure (Voyager), Liberty (Freedom), Oasis (Oasis), and Anthem (Quantum).  No Sovereign class or Icon class.  No Quantum Ultra class either, but that's basically covered by my Anthem block.

Got a plane to catch Mr. loyalty guy.  Can't take over 50 lbs in a checkin baggage already over-loaded with family booty gifts.  So...block given back...never to be seen again.  Or?  Guess just book 70 more days or something?  Feel jilted or something. 

39 minutes ago, LinRon3 said:

Got a plane to catch Mr. loyalty guy.  Can't take over 50 lbs in a checkin baggage already over-loaded with family booty gifts.  So...block given back...never to be seen again.  Or?  Guess just book 70 more days or something?  Feel jilted or something. 

Ask them to mail it.  That's often a choice.

18 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Come one what is another month?????

I can virtually guarantee that they won't send it. I fought the battle and lost (detailed in another thread), being told in no uncertain terms that if it's past a year no go. When we were on the ship we requested it and were told they were out of them and that they'd send it to us. Never happened. Got busy with other things and then simply never thought about it anymore until recently. That was for 140 points. So I bought a clear one on eBay. I must say that I really don't care for the colored. If I get one of those for 210 I'll probably sell it. The one I bought was for the Enchantment. Those are a bit harder to find.

Edited by OnTheJourney

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

I just won an eBay bid on an Oasis glass block for $74 all in

You did really well. I got mine for $75. I think the listed price was $100 so I made an offer on it. Some of them go for quite high - either auction or 'buy it now'. I had told my sister-in-law, who's pinnacle and has loads of these things - that if she ever decides she's tired of using them as doorstops, she can make some money on them!

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

Over time, I would like to acquire a glass block for each Royal ship I have sailed.

Someone needs to make Song of America, Nordic Prince, and Nordic Empress blocks so I can complete my collection.  😄

Still need Grandeur, Vision, Voyager, and Quantum.  Plus future sailings on Symphony and Odyssey.

• Like 1

I have a Empress of the Seas block.  It's my favorite.  It was our first ship! 😍

I recently received the new in color block on Symphony.  I asked the LA if they had any of the original ones left.  No they didn't.  I won't even put it out in my collection.

I have 29 different clear blocks for the 29 different Royal ships that I have sailed on that have blocks.  Unfortunately, the new ship blocks will be color only and will not have clear versions.   My collection cannot stay clear only once I sail on Icon.  I am still glad that I did so much trading over the past 15 years to get all the clear blocks that I have.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

You did really well. I got mine for $75. I think the listed price was $100 so I made an offer on it. Some of them go for quite high - either auction or 'buy it now'. I had told my sister-in-law, who's pinnacle and has loads of these things - that if she ever decides she's tired of using them as doorstops, she can make some money on them!

17195039574757048666448617648322.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, immjs20 said:

I have a Empress of the Seas block.  It's my favorite.  It was our first ship! 😍

I recently received the new in color block on Symphony.  I asked the LA if they had any of the original ones left.  No they didn't.  I won't even put it out in my collection.

Without actually seeing a colored one up close and in person, my present feeling is that I don't like them. I think the clear etched one are classy.