Good heavenly father get me off of this ship.

Bigdogwon

Maybe our good Heavenly Father did get this OP off the ship as requested and they aren’t able to post because they are swimming to shore!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL :'):D Hope by now they are on dry land.

Maybe our good Heavenly Father did get this OP off the ship as requested and they aren’t able to post because they are swimming to shore!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My thoughts exactly LOL!

I was on Sep 8-15 sailing with Celebrity and we had perfect conditions at sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Xenomorph infestation is a sticky situation.

The first thing you absolutely must do is identify & isolate any synthetic humans among passengers and crew. They are almost certainly working to the advantage of Weyland-Yutani, and not towards your own personal survival.

When hunting for errant Xenomorphs, it's probably best to use something bigger than an electrified stick.

When you hear a person in authority say "I think we should all split up", you now know to hit that person on the head with your electrified stick.

Should you see any Xenomorph eggs, it's probably best not to stand close and peer down at them.

Good luck

I need a like button!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just got off the Amsterdam that was docked next to the Noordam in Seattle. We had smooth sailing most of the time. A fair amount of rain and fog from Sitka to Victoria. And yes I got a cold, l failed to pack warm enough clothing. But I did pack cold pills.

Just got off the Amsterdam that was docked next to the Noordam in Seattle. We had smooth sailing most of the time. A fair amount of rain and fog from Sitka to Victoria. And yes I got a cold, l failed to pack warm enough clothing. But I did pack cold pills.

Low temps don't give you colds. Colds are a virus or other bug.

We got off the Oosterdam yesterday after a 7 cruise to Alaska and it was fabulous! Great weather at the Hubbard Glacier, nice in Juneau, a bit damp in Sitka and Ketchikan. Now there's a 140 day wait to begin the next 100 plus days of cruising on 3 different ships. Get me on a ship!

Most of the OP's are on Regent Seven Seas and Windstar cruises. If they are comparing, they would be disappointed, I suspect.

I found a review the OP did of a cruise on Zuiderdam in 2011 - seems they didn't care for it much back then so I guess it's a little surprising they did HAL again now. Yes, most of their CC activity is on the Regent and Windstar forums so maybe HAL isn't for them?

Edited by joepeka

Check out post here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2547578

Looks like:

The ms Noordam cabanas have sustained considerable weather-related damage. Unfortunately, we will be removing inventory of cabanas until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you know what sort of damage there was?

Well, someone just posted that they tried to get a cabana on the Noordam for an upcoming cruise and was told that, due to damage, all the cabanas on the Noordam are being taking off/out of service.

So, something is definitely up with the Noordam...

ETA: looks like someone just beat me to the "post" key...

Were you at our Meet and Greet that never got to happen? LOL, I was so scared when everything went flying, including the Captain and his other Officers as their Sat Phones went off.

Hubby took pictures of the TV Screen showing 82+mph (or is it KPH) wind gusts and a friend sent me photos taken from the bridge of the Westerdam, anchored about a mile from us in the Pacific, that showed the Green Water hitting above the bridge.

THAT was my all time favorite cruise!!!

And for the record. I am not being a HAL Cheerleader in regards to the OP's post about the Noordam. I do not care for the ship, but do not believe there is anything wrong with her. I just do not care for her or the Nieuw Amsterdam. They are just not to my liking, and I cruised on them both even though I feel the way about them. BUT, in my eyes, a cruise is what you make it and I loved being on a cruise so.....

Joanie

I wasn't at the meet and greet. I didn't know about Cruise Critic then. It really was a wild ride. It's been our favorite Alaska cruise to date.

I just got off the Noordam on the 24th and we had great weather and seas all the way from Seward. I did hear the wind howling the last couple of nights but during the day it was fine conditions There were a lot of folks with a bad cough and cold.....of which I am now one of them ;p

• 2 weeks later...
I texted something similar to a friend during the intermission of Les Miserables.

(I like musicals but that one wasn't for me and seemed to last about ten hours.)

I made a mistake in agreeing to attend grand daughter's ballet recital. Groups of six/eight/ten/twelve year old girls doing ballet. They would do the six year old first performance routine. Then the eight year old, etc. After cycling between all the groups, they would do another six year old routine. Six routines per group rotating between groups. Took about six hours to go through the entire program.

My wife was out of town. Wife was upset when I declined to attend the next the next year's recital. Said it couldn't be as bad as I reported. Her first comment upon returning was "Get me a drink." Her second was "Never again."