Cheap new sea card holders

bjahil47

Just boarded the Equinox today. We are in a suite. Instead of the nice leather sea pass holders they give you, they now have a grey rubber holder, that sticks to the back of your cell phone. Very cheap in my opinion and I asked for the leather one and they have no more! Also, no Celebrity bags to take to the pool. He said they will be handed out another night. We will see as we always had them first night. Rant over, back to my cruise!,,,

Card holders changed this spring, I bring one of the old one from a past cruise.

On our recent cruises the tote bags have been placed in the cabin on the first EC night. This may be to spread the work out for the cabin attendants who no longer have a assistant.

When I read the title I thought you had a suggestion for something to use as a landyard. 😱

The “leather” card holder has gotten cheaper looking in the past few years. They use to feel and look like leather. The lastest seemed to be thinner vinyl. The tote bag in CC and up has also changed and became cheaper looking.

The tote bag and card holder was usually in our cabin when checking in. Noticing that it wasn’t on one cruise we asked the attendant and was told on the first “formal” night. After that we noticed that was usually the MO. I think many times the attendant just tries to do as little as possible as on a few after that cruise we didn’t receive any on that night. We asked the attendant about it and one said that they didn’t do that anymore but would see if they still had some leftover. On another cruise we were told that they ran out and are waiting for a shipment at the next port. We must have slept thru that port because after returning to our cabin after breakfast the next day one was on our bed.

My wife thinks that they try to hoard them and give an extra to a special passenger.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

The design is laughable -- it is supposed to hold the SeaPass card, which demagnetizes when put near a magnet. But the card holder snaps shut with a magnet. Someone really wasn't thinking when they designed that piece of junk. Toss it.

clearly, it was designed by their IT web team :) :) :)

The design is laughable -- it is supposed to hold the SeaPass card, which demagnetizes when put near a magnet. But the card holder snaps shut with a magnet. Someone really wasn't thinking when they designed that piece of junk. Toss it.

It only took them a few days to figure that out with everyone needing to get new keys. They have now removed the magnets which is great, except now it won't stay closed :mad: I received one with the magnet last week on EQ and the front desk said all of the magnets should have been removed. Obviously not all.

It only took them a few days to figure that out with everyone needing to get new keys. They have now removed the magnets which is great, except now it won't stay closed :mad: I received one with the magnet last week on EQ and the front desk said all of the magnets should have been removed. Obviously not all.

Ours closes with a magnet and we just got it yesterday...no bags yet. Oh, well, back to my drinks!