Please forgive me for asking this Re: Diamond free cocktails

This will be our first cruise as Diamonds and I have read conflicting answers to this (or maybe I just misunderstood). In the past I have had drink packages.

So Diamonds get some free drinks...are they usable only in the Diamond lounge and during happy hour? Are they limited to well brands (specifically what vodkas)? How many? Can they be used in the CL (we are staying in a GS)?

Thanks and again I apologize for redundancy!!

From my experience, the key card will allow you 3 drinks a day between 5 and 8 pm in most venues, not including the dining room, although you could bring one there. If you're in a suite excl. junior suites, you are entitled to access the concierge lounge for unlimited free drinks during the same hours. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From my experience, the key card will allow you 3 drinks a day between 5 and 8 pm in most venues, not including the dining room, although you could bring one there. If you're in a suite excl. junior suites, you are entitled to access the concierge lounge for unlimited free drinks during the same hours. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. Anyone know the brand(s) of vodka?

Three drinks loaded on your card each day for any lounge/bar on ship, good during the DL happy hours, which vary slightly from ship to ship, depending main dining times in MDR. Some have reported success in using them in the MDR lately. They do not carry over from day today. No frozen drinks, mostly decent well brands. Someone will probably post the brand/drink menu. In DL/CL, no limit on # of drinks during happy hours..

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

New Amsterdam - Although when you use your vouchers in the bars it seems to vary. I was getting Gray Goose on the MJ last week in the Schooner Bar

Wow, those bartenders really liked you.:)

The "Happy Hour" varies from ship to ship (and probably itinerary). It is roughly 5:00 to 8:00 but the actual times will be on the letter in the cabin. The letter will also list the drinks (including brands) which are complementary as part of your 3 drink daily voucher. If you have a mixed drink like rum and coke, it counts as one drink. If you want to have a glass of wine with dinner, its best to pick one up at a bar and take it in with you as the drinks aren't complementary in the MDR.

Complementary drinks are also served in the Diamond lounge during the "Happy Hour". You can have as many drinks as you want and they don't count towards your allowance. The same applies in the Concierge Lounge where suite guests also receive complementary drinks.

Ordering typical mixed drinks like JD and coke is never a problem. In the Diamond lounge you might be able to order certain cocktails and it will depend on whether they have the items to make the drink. Drinks like Pina Colada or other cocktails that require a blender are not usually included or available. A lot seems to depend on the server, barman or even the ship so IME there is a grey area. A good idea is to politely ask.

If you search the forum (perhaps via google) you'll find some posts with the list of drinks that are available. It is quite a good range IMO.

I understood that it's typically not allowed to take alcoholic beverages out of Concierge Club. What about Bottled Water?

They also don't seem to care much anymore if you leave with alcoholic drinks.

I understood that it's typically not allowed to take alcoholic beverages out of Concierge Club. What about Bottled Water?

We were positively encouraged to have a glass “to go”! It’s a long way down in that lift to the next bar lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the lounge open the first evening of the cruise and what about the 3 drinks vouchers?

Thanks

Is the lounge open the first evening of the cruise and what about the 3 drinks vouchers?

Thanks

Yes, the lounge is open on the first evening for unlimited drinks. Outside the lounge you can use the 3 drink vouchers at any bar.

As a PS to my earlier response, I've found from experience that if you have access to the concierge lounge, and you sit at the bar and slip the bartender a $10 dollar bill when you sit down, your glass and that of others in your group will never be empty. Again, Salute!

Pelicans62