Diamond Drinks Usable in Main Dining Room....Fleetwide?

Pstreet12

Well, it appears that, as usual with Royal, "circumstances alter cases." The Oasis class is pretty clearly use the drinks on your sea pass card anywhere you want to. Others seem to vary depending on the waiter/guest relations/etc. The information handed out on the ships is consistent (not possible to use sea pass cards in restaurants), but practice varies from ship to ship.

Allure is a YES (Oasis Class)--Perhaps not at Rising Tide Bar

Harmony is a YES (Oasis Class)--Perhaps not at Rising Tide Bar

Oasis is a YES (Oasis Class)--seems to include Rising Tide Bar

Anthem is a NO. (Quantum Class)

Freedom is a NO (Freedom Class)--but maybe possible with the waiter complicit

Adventure is a NO (Voyager Class)

Explorer is a YES (Voyager Class)

Navigator is a YES (Voyager Class)

Jewell is a Maybe (Radiance Class)--Reports are definitely mixed

Grandeur is a NO (Vision Class)

Vision is a YES (Vision Class)

Majesty is MIXED (Sovereign Class), one clear Yes and one clear No

Empress is a YES (Empress Class)

Well, it appears that, as usual with Royal, "circumstances alter cases." The Oasis class is pretty clearly in the use the drinks on your sea pass card anywhere you want to. Others seem to vary depending on the waiter/guest relations/etc. The information handed out on the ships is consistent (not possible to use sea pass cards in restaurants), but practice varies from ship to ship.

Allure is a YES (Oasis Class)--Perhaps not at Rising Tide Bar

Harmony is a YES (Oasis Class)--Perhaps not at Rising Tide Bar

Oasis is a YES (Oasis Class)--seems to include Rising Tide Bar

Anthem is a NO. (Quantum Class)

Freedom is a NO (Freedom Class)--but maybe possible with the waiter complicit

Adventure is a NO (Voyager Class)

Explorer is a YES (Voyager Class)

Navigator is a YES (Voyager Class)

Jewell is a Maybe (Radiance Class)--Reports are definitely mixed

Grandeur is a NO (Vision Class)

Vision is a YES (Vision Class)

Majesty is a YES (Sovereign Class)

Empress is a YES (Empress Class)

Majesty is still no. This is as of yesterday.

Here is the bill showing charge on 10/23, credit on 10/25, and charge for another Cape Codder on 10/25..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

8f00a615e42f4f43a5fb623f435a1499.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

We sailed on Anthem of the Seas on august 21, 2017 New England /Canada itinerary . We had the sea pass cards that got us 3 free drinks from 5:00 PM thru to 8:30 PM :D

We found that very convenient ;because we had no time to go to the diamond Club lounge ;)

We sailed on Anthem of the Seas on august 21, 2017 New England /Canada itinerary . We had the sea pass cards that got us 3 free drinks from 5:00 PM thru to 8:30 PM :D

We found that very convenient ;because we had no time to go to the diamond Club lounge ;)

But did they work in the MDR?

It may have changed in August. Here is new letter.

19a181406bdf055da09850493bada44d.jpg

Very interesting, since this is different from what we received on the August 20th and 27th cruises. We could not get drinks before the stroke 5:00 PM at specifically the champagne bar or On Air. What amazes me is that all the ships in the fleet do not adhere to the same thing. I can't wait to see what happens on my next cruise; Freedom.

I enjoy the free cappuccino during the day as much as the evening drinks.

I also enjoy the appetizers in the lounge each evening -- something you don't get at the bars.

As for actually ordering a drink in the MDR, I've never had a problem bring a drink into the MDR that I got at another bar, so for me it's pretty easy to get around the problem.

I've read they stopped serving champagne (sparkling wine) as part of the free drinks. Bummer.

Seems like RCI is dropping a lot of previous perks -- Remember the free Johnny Rockets burger, and the free wine tasting?

I'm pleased to see that at least one Diamond Concierge has it in writing that drinks can be used in the main dining room and specialty restaurants. We, like others, generally make a stop on the way into the dining room and take our wine in with us, but I'd rather not have to deal with sanitizing my hands while carrying the glass and the need to walk with it if I don't have to. It isn't a big deal, but it would be nice not to have to bother with. Perhaps on some ships they have recognized that many of us do that so they are gaining nothing by not letting us use the sea pass drinks in the dining room.

I just spoke to the Diamond+ rep. and he said the drinks loaded on the sea pass are good in the main dining room and specialty restaurants fleetwide. Because it's Royal, and as we all know "circumstances alter cases," I'm wondering what experience people have had in the last few months (because that's when the policy changed).

We've had two sailings on Oasis class since August, and we were able to use the preloaded drinks in the MDR. We have a cruise on Navigator scheduled, and I'd like to know, specifically, if anyone has experienced Navigator in the last few months.

Just got back from an allure cruise and they allowed me to get a beer with my diamond hour discount (free) in the dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But did they work in the MDR?

I went back and looked at my Anthem letter from October.

No restaurants, or North Star - Bionic bar.

Do you have to get the three drinks by the deadline time or is that when they are loaded, and I can still use them after? The reason I ask is.. there is no way I could drink three drinks in 2 1/2 hours. If not.. no biggie just curious.

Also... I saw the list of the drink available. Does the list mean that I can have any drink made with that type of alcohol? I do not "know" alcohol.. so usually I get a Kahlua & cream, or a Mojito, or bloody mary and every now and then a beer.

Do you have to get the three drinks by the deadline time or is that when they are loaded, and I can still use them after? The reason I ask is.. there is no way I could drink three drinks in 2 1/2 hours. If not.. no biggie just curious.

Also... I saw the list of the drink available. Does the list mean that I can have any drink made with that type of alcohol? I do not "know" alcohol.. so usually I get a Kahlua & cream, or a Mojito, or bloody mary and every now and then a beer.

You have to get the drinks during the 3.5 hour cocktail period.

You can have any drink made with the alcohol on the list.

It may have changed in August. Here is new letter.

19a181406bdf055da09850493bada44d.jpg

Thanks for this post. We depart on the Grandeur tomorrow, and sure hope this cruise ship allow us to use the “3 complimentary drinks” in MDR.

Sorry...absolutely no Mojito's using the voucher's...I asked last week onboard Anthem when they were making them just outside the Bolero's Bar.

Well, it appears that, as usual with Royal, "circumstances alter cases." The Oasis class is pretty clearly "use the drinks on your sea pass card anywhere you want to." Others seem to vary depending on the waiter/guest relations/etc. The information handed out on the ships is consistent (not possible to use sea pass cards in restaurants), but practice varies from ship to ship.

Allure (Oasis Class) is a YES--Perhaps not at Rising Tide Bar

Harmony (Oasis Class) is a YES--Perhaps not at Rising Tide Bar

Oasis (Oasis Class) is a YES--seems to include Rising Tide Bar

Anthem (Quantum Class) is a NO

Freedom (Freedom Class) is a NO--but maybe possible with the waiter complicit

Adventure (Voyager Class) is a NO

Explorer (Voyager Class) is a YES

Navigator (Voyager Class) is a YES

Jewell (Radiance Class) is a Maybe--Reports are definitely mixed

Serenade (Radiance Class) --reported, but not experienced, as a NO

Grandeur (Vision Class) is a NO

Vision (Vision Class) is a YES

Majesty (Sovereign Class) is MIXED--one clear Yes and one clear No

Empress (Empress Class) is a YES

I don’t understand 5 pages regarding free drinks. If you want a drink at dinner or any other time, buy it for heavens sake. Either package or ala carte.

If you have a package or willing to pay, you can get almost any drink you want in the Lounges with bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Allure in Sept and had difficulty one night getting a Cosmo at the Schooner bar, at 1st bartender said was not allowed only drinks expressly written on Diamond menu which he handed to me, but when I questioned he made it but with an attitude.

On Allure in Sept and had difficulty one night getting a Cosmo at the Schooner bar, at 1st bartender said was not allowed only drinks expressly written on Diamond menu which he handed to me, but when I questioned he made it but with an attitude.

You want to have drinks not on the list, buy it. What’s the issue?

I don’t understand 5 pages regarding free drinks. If you want a drink at dinner or any other time, buy it for heavens sake. Either package or ala carte.

If you have a package or willing to pay, you can get almost any drink you want in the Lounges with bars.

No kidding!! I believe everyone is aware of that. Didn't you read or comprehend the tile of the thread? :rolleyes: Thanks for adding to the page count.

No kidding!! I believe everyone is aware of that. Didn't you read or comprehend the tile of the thread? :rolleyes: Thanks for adding to the page count.

Yes I did. If you want a drink in the MDR or Speciality, are you going to let the fact it may not be FREE prevent you from having it either FREE or purchase?

Why would I want to risk carrying a FREE drink to MDR from either the DL/CL/SL and spilling it on my tee shirt or shorts, when I can just buy one.

Besides, a lot of the stuff on the list is really not that good. Tito’s is not on the list and neither is Glenfiddich

Yes I did. If you want a drink in the MDR or Speciality, are you going to let the fact it may not be FREE prevent you from having it either FREE or purchase?

Why would I want to risk carrying a FREE drink to MDR from either the DL/CL/SL and spilling it on my tee shirt or shorts?

We've never had that problem carrying wine in wine glasses. Maybe you should use a sippy cup. :D