Celebrity email concerns! False Advertising- who can I call????

tinaincc

We are booked on the 11 night holiday cruise this December.

We received an email telling us that our trip is just around the corner and that they have 3,4,5 night specialty restaurant packages available. I was surprised because I thought that was not offered on Holiday cruises. When I pressed “book now” it gave me an error and told me to call.

After holding FOREVER they came on the line to tell me that there are no packages available on holiday cruises!! This is ridiculous - THEY know exactly what cruise I am on - why would they send me an email that I cannot action!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From my experience those e mails are not usually directed at a specific individual or even people on a specific cruise. I frequently receive e mails that do not apply to me or the cruises that I have booked. You have to read the fine print on every offer.

I guess I am getting used to it from Celebrity and other companies.

Wow! Don't exactly think this is false advertising. Most likely a mass email. But if you feel the need to talk with someone, try the Celebrity Guest Relations number: 800-418-6824. But what do you hope to accomplish with a call?

A good vent to someone who cannot assist with an issue which is not an issue....

Maybe a case of not reading the T&C's of the offer....

bon voyage

From my experience those e mails are not usually directed at a specific individual or even people on a specific cruise. I frequently receive e mails that do not apply to me or the cruises that I have booked. You have to read the fine print on every offer.

I guess I am getting used to it from Celebrity and other companies.

Thanks for the response - the T&Cs say nothing about holiday cruises. I know that only because I read cruise critic.

Wow! Don't exactly think this is false advertising. Most likely a mass email. But if you feel the need to talk with someone, try the Celebrity Guest Relations number: 800-418-6824. But what do you hope to accomplish with a call?

Thanks for comment - I hope to receive the offer that they sent to me. Especially since nothing in the T&Cs says otherwise.

A good vent to someone who cannot assist with an issue which is not an issue....

Maybe a case of not reading the T&C's of the offer....

bon voyage

This email was addressed to me personally, looks like a letter, commenting how my cruise is a short time away and is 100% focused on specialty dining packages. Including a link to book now. Nothing in the email fine print at the bottom says anything about exclusions.

I can read, cheers.

These rants of "false advertising" need to stop here on Cruise Critic. When in the last 50 years has anyone seen any advertising that if viewed in a particular way wouldn't be considered "false". No one would ever get a date, if "false advertising" wasn't allowed.

As for your particular situation, you just didn't understand that Celebrity understood that you read Cruise Critic and that you are intellectually gifted enough to understand that emails are delivered to many passengers that may not relate to their particular cruise. Move on and enjoy the cruise.

These rants of "false advertising" need to stop here on Cruise Critic. When in the last 50 years has anyone seen any advertising that if viewed in a particular way wouldn't be considered "false". No one would ever get a date, if "false advertising" wasn't allowed.

As for your particular situation, you just didn't understand that Celebrity understood that you read Cruise Critic and that you are intellectually gifted enough to understand that emails are delivered to many passengers that may not relate to their particular cruise. Move on and enjoy the cruise.

I have never complained about advertising in my life. This is rediculous. They sent me the attached addressed to me personally and asked me to purchase something before I cruise. I have attached the email and the fine print. I think I am gifted enough to know this was offered to ME.

You are certainly brighter than me, what from this email would lead to believe this is NOT offered on my sailing?

bb8f3aae3df20253e93e612b536f56aa.jpg

39ecb45a2420055d76f052c9b79a3ef8.jpg

This email was addressed to me personally, looks like a letter, commenting how my cruise is a short time away and is 100% focused on specialty dining packages. Including a link to book now. Nothing in the email fine print at the bottom says anything about exclusions.

I can read, cheers.

Don’t you think you are over reacting just a teeny bit? It’s a dining package, not the end of the world. Book it when you board.

When Celebrity first opened Luminae they stated that it would be open for lunch every day and that dishes would feature produce from the ports the ship was visiting.

It failed on both counts much to the disappointment of suite guests. There were many threads on here about it at the time. But that was clear false advertising.

I think they've covered themselves with the blanket statement at the bottom of the email. "Dining packages are limited to availability." These are simply not available on your cruise. Perhaps they could do better in filtering which customers get the emails, but considering how terrible the website is, I'm surprised they can send emails at all. Just let it go and have a great cruise.

Good grief, let it go! Tons of generic emails are sent to clients and not every one of them applies to every client. Just because it has your name on it, does not mean that YOU are the only person receiving it. I can't believe you think that it's so earth shattering that you just had to share this.

We sail on Monday, we booked this cruise July 2016 with the "Go Best" offer. Over the summer when they had the 20% sale we booked specialty dining for every night. I have received offers for the last 1 1/2 year to purchase a beverage page (Go Best comes with the premium package) and offers to purchase a dining package (already did that months ago). They are mass mailings to people who are booked, they will have your name on them. They don't have time to have someone go through everyone's upcoming sailing to check what you already have, they go out to everyone

Edited by ABC Cruisers

We sail on Monday, we booked this cruise July 2016 with the "Go Best" offer. Over the summer when they had the 20% sale we booked specialty dining for every night. I have received offers for the last 1 1/2 year to purchase a beverage page (Go Best comes with the premium package) and offers to purchase a dining package (already did that months ago). They are mass mailing to people who are booked, they will have your name on them. They don't have time to have someone go through everyone's upcoming sailing to check what you already have, they go out to everyone

True but in this case this Dining Package isn't available to anyone on the specific sailing. They should be able to filter out the sailings where the dining packages don't apply from their email blasts.

We are booked on the 11 night holiday cruise this December.

We received an email telling us that our trip is just around the corner and that they have 3,4,5 night specialty restaurant packages available. I was surprised because I thought that was not offered on Holiday cruises. When I pressed “book now” it gave me an error and told me to call.

After holding FOREVER they came on the line to tell me that there are no packages available on holiday cruises!! This is ridiculous - THEY know exactly what cruise I am on - why would they send me an email that I cannot action!?

It is just a mass marketing email. You likely get a bunch of them every day from all corners of the globe. No need to worry- if you truly want a dining package there will likely be opportunities to get one at a good discount once onboard on the first day. Even on a holiday cruise.

I got a mass mailing yesterday from an aluminum siding company. I live in a community where exteriors are handled by the management company. The mailing doesn't apply to me but I understand that they sent to everyone in my zip code. I might want aluminum siding but I can't have it. Was that false advertising? Or just sloppy mass mailing?:confused: