Worth Getting off for 1 hour in Nassau?

Due to the ship change, people in my group will now only have about 1.5 hours free before having to get back on ship. I'm giving 15 min to walk off and 15 min to get back on, do you think it's worth getting off for 1 hour? I LOVE the rum cake factory in Nassau but forget how far it is from the pier, and I don't remember what else is close because we usually go to Atlantis or a further beach by taxi. So is it worth getting off for such a short time, and if it is...what would you suggest to do?

Due to the ship change, people in my group will now only have about 1.5 hours free before having to get back on ship. I'm giving 15 min to walk off and 15 min to get back on, do you think it's worth getting off for 1 hour? I LOVE the rum cake factory in Nassau but forget how far it is from the pier, and I don't remember what else is close because we usually go to Atlantis or a further beach by taxi. So is it worth getting off for such a short time, and if it is...what would you suggest to do?

Which ship? Which dates? How can you only have an hour and a half in port?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Although you won't have enough time for a brewery tour, Pirates Republic Brewery is right near the pier (near the Harley store if I remember correctly) and had delicious beer, wifi, etc. The tour itself was great. If I don't go to the beach further away, this is the only stop I'll make in Nassau.

Although you won't have enough time for a brewery tour, Pirates Republic Brewery is right near the pier (near the Harley store if I remember correctly) and had delicious beer, wifi, etc. The tour itself was great. If I don't go to the beach further away, this is the only stop I'll make in Nassau.

(y)I was pretty much going to write this word for word

:beer-mug::beer-mug:

And yes, you do remember correctly. It is only a few steps past the Harley Store.

dp

(y)I was pretty much going to write this word for word

:beer-mug::beer-mug:

And yes, you do remember correctly. It is only a few steps past the Harley Store.

dp

Glad to see others enjoy it too...I try to tell everyone I can about it. Spread the word!

Normally I would find something to do in that hour, we always find something interesting to do in Nassau.

Problem will be anyone that does get off for that brief time will ALL be trying to get back on the ship at the end of the hour. I don't even want to think of the back up standing in line on that one!! :eek::o:o

Jewellery shopping or go look for a watch, Nassau reported the best place to buy a watch. Go for a beer and local conch at Sharkies.

Normally I would find something to do in that hour, we always find something interesting to do in Nassau.

Problem will be anyone that does get off for that brief time will ALL be trying to get back on the ship at the end of the hour. I don't even want to think of the back up standing in line on that one!! :eek::o:o

Pat, did you see Mariner headed to PC in 2019.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Pat, did you see Mariner headed to PC in 2019.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes...yes...yes!!! So excited! I was just on that thread and clicked on the news link! :D

Also, Harmony replacing Oasis. Will finally get to check out that ship without that awful

drive to Ft. Lauderdale!

Now if we can just get that hoped for third ship here to do the longer runs...I will be a happy cruiser!! :hearteyes:

This ^.

That is an unfortunate length of time to be in port. I have enjoyed all of our stops in Nassau.

Yes...yes...yes!!! So excited! I was just on that thread and clicked on the news link! :D

Also, Harmony replacing Oasis. Will finally get to check out that ship without that awful

drive to Ft. Lauderdale!

Now if we can just get that hoped for third ship here to do the longer runs...I will be a happy cruiser!! :hearteyes:

We are equally excited to get rid of Harmony! :D

Are you asking for your personal group following an excursion, or the length of time the ship is actually docked for?

drive to Ft. Lauderdale!

Also very excited to have Harmony in PC for some dates. Went on it in Feb 2017, loved the modern decor, larger cabin larger bathroom. Will be ready to book next week when info is posted. Also, Ovation coming to Seattle for Alaska.

Which ship? Which dates? How can you only have an hour and a half in port?

Inquiring minds want to know.

We are there from 8-5 but it's my wedding. We were suppose to be on Majesty which docked from 12-12 So would have had the day to explore with a late ceremony and reception. Then they put majesty into dry dock and switched us all to enchantment which only had 1 time still available for the reception. So now it's a morning wedding, and afternoon reception which ends at 3. All aboard is 4:30:mad:

Glad to see others enjoy it too...I try to tell everyone I can about it. Spread the word!

Last time I went to Pirate Republic, My MIL decided she wanted to follow along and try a few of their beers. My "Drinking buddy" and I already had plans to try the heavier duty IPAs and Porters. Well, my MIL did not get very far into hers so I ended up finishing pretty much all of her 2 beers. The Bartender also offered up a few smaller samples of their other beers. After getting back to the ship we decided to hang out on the pool deck and grab a few blender cocktails. Needless to say, we were pretty pickled before dinner even started ;p and we were at the early seating.

My MIL trying one of her beers again. She did not like it any better the second time

jV8EtgAdip3daHgQ7-_Ft1jtDf7FU9VDgxI563qx_aS90UTtS-Hb2h979rfYRQ7WEAa1Hl5sAQChlD_GtnlV7R3wVG-vqxLkQxj0PebZjqPqGkuRC-6FnbAxv3BjS8vBXXfZpx05WCdwM1QexPr-sMuSgJ-7CWANvYVvVx74j-APmIvOsMWAcHiOnenDOGR12Qx4PZkuIRgfvB3Q7h5WHjGj7Nng5F5eo-1XDyL61pLzZycBT4TGrZ7icjGt4HgfPDu-EFTV5TGdwEzmcqfrZPQACZluD5mAXVAtnNZv_xcX1vdUTRRHtP6Hy7kFQGI43urBUqkkBMeVsNLXiHplYgbAevN6T3vXwSwSnuLpF6opwgOvTlFijUcQ6eKRTOl254f81I8yiCFC7TfkW2ZVyfx-39r5vlYmS8DLn2PCyJ7Hvvj5bLBzGQOp_5Mv5SFqaSVsfgnCvLFwnv3S_ZqZgifAEDKZRDZR1tPqe1FqY2dIbA_0C2PSan3slcKP2Eee_xIGJfLx2qpduPj3CJxIVwoF3oPQOy8L-x9bWVLbK1k3vrxr5Qzn9vtldBcYbM-vmOUE8QfoJyX_HBEIMs1gdVyTQEeUH-BCAzrHKIHn6A=w1229-h691-no

Me and my Drinking buddy

HNvuHjwJIUjtd1fGsgupKSvgJIek1eIE8TwJX8m5JXV0v84d8S4omkvCVQfaEFLNX8fOEcDlw8k6_iB4HEeT3zNfLPYDqXheBdYGhopZRJUq2uqmQCEUOE8nRE2-OLExhMlIXH5PsAjXrs3lR3GP6xO55ZP7dWI3jFAhBtG7SRj97VCwqUehks5Y6D5VtllthL0-6107Cefe-urPHWvf_D2EHGzWqGXuKiPMHMCG7DFP2gOB9tt3r8YpMPLPbmFCfs05IjIWPdeBz2AZ7W8VQYej2XlDjl2dOgnTZbUTfM1KSN1j0YN7nzk1R3I5eGixYteoNGy2KKeLTaLQRShEZwe3AZKfcDVta-RyZc_3SlYo9ZZEfhDhbFRVeTh2h7XNj2g0fXV3jKFogDcOD9ut6zmJ8iSQlj7omrJClkb12V0vk0M4NYLldNu-NtHtuEk-vRYgUC0zsLdOpcYtoc9TyY-yZwTZZLVim5zgRhsbOjSnItJ7TOc8JWsagqNYamDUEd-v5IiVIfGXYlTrGI1qyj3RJezXD5mXWb_dox3ia9SWrZF8esq6_NDXTGzJ2LsgXKSO4zaFjOfBQRZHRGlXguDysCBN3jLNJVqs-FH5bA=w1229-h691-nodp

EDIT: Notice the GARRISON Tee shirt I'm wearing. That is the brewery on the Pier in Halifax, for those that have been...

Edited by dpostman