Sweet Sixteen

Beachlover1989

Wow that's awesome to know! Especially if balconies are important to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just for your info. Quite a few people do not like the 16's because they are too far forward (boat motion) and sometimes during rehearsals and shows you can hear the music in your cabin (they are above the theater).

Just for your info. Quite a few people do not like the 16's because they are too far forward (boat motion) and sometimes during rehearsals and shows you can hear the music in your cabin (they are above the theater).

We didn't notice noise from the theater in our cabin at all, and the motion (even in the front) is still better than the higher decks.

Of course the more people know, the better the choice they will make for themselves.

A little noise from the theater would still not deter us from getting a sweet 16 with a double-size balcony :)

Have stayed in 6028 on Connie. Was impressed that there was absolutely no noise from the theater below. Really great stateroom. Would book again in a heartbeat!!

ALSO NOTE: IMHO on each side the aft 4 rooms are superior to the far forward 4 rooms because of the large ship structure poles and covering of the balcony by the superstructure of the ship. See photo above. Perhaps some may welcome the covering (shade) but in any case the poles are quite thick and not attractive.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
14 of 16 of the cabins are marked for 4 pax (square and triangle), the other 2 marked for 3 pax (square). can I made a 2 pax booking?

Yes - unlike Family Verandas, these are not restricted in any way.

Mike

Can anyone tell me about CC stateroom 8161

According to the deck plans I have, 8161 is an inside cabin on S class ships. It is a 2B on M class ships with a slightly angled balcony which might be a tad larger than the regular ones.

We have stayed in the sweet 16 cabins a couple times and loved them. Bigger balcony and close to the front elevators which are almost always less crowded than the other banks. My only issue was the motion - if you are sensitive, then there is absolutely more motion way forward than mid-ship, or even aft IMHO. My personal experience is that I feel the motion much more there than on a high floor closer to mid-ship. Having said that, I take my pills as needed and enjoy the big balcony!

What I didn't like was the cabin above us basically looked down onto the extra space of our balcony--they are tucked further back.

Also, the one we had had a continual pool of water on the floor.

We booked 6035 today. They’re a bargain. I always booked a caribe cabin on Princess so having half exposed is no biggy.

I think that you're going to LOVE that balcony! IMHO, those 'corner' SS cabins (30&35) have the absolute best view of any balcony on the ship. You have great, unobstructed views forward, aft, and straight down, to the water (no lifeboats in the way)! Yes, part of the balcony (at the railing) is 'exposed' and in view of others, above. But, if you sit closer to the door, you have an overhang that provides privacy, as well as shelter from the elements. We have sailed several times in those corner SS cabins. Next to the GIANT C-1 balconies, on the aft, they are our favorite non-suite cabins, on any M-class ship!