Bus Crash In Mexico Involving Equinox Passengers

helen haywood

Just received word from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam, so sorry for your loss........my heartfelt condolences going out to you and your family.

This is just so tragic and sad. My heart goes out to all the families and friends involved. Too many lives affected. There is a Canadian man bringing his 2 young daughters home without their mom. They all left home together for a fun family vacation. I do not know the extent of their injuries but they are coming home tonight.

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to my colleagues at School 3 to thank them for their support. Here is an edited version for all of you on Facebook and CruiseCritic.

My Dear Friends

As most of you know, on Tuesday evening I learned that my younger brother and his wife were killed in a bus accident while they were on a sightseeing tour in the Yucatan region of Mexico. As I write this, I am at 33,000 feet on my way to Cancun for anything but a Christmas vacation. I am representing my family in going to accompany their remains for their final journey home to Olympia, Washington.

As I reached out through social media I have been so touched by the support I received from so many of you in these past two days. Your kind words, your expressions of sympathy, and the many reminders of distant friendships have assured me that Diana and I do not walk through these troubled times alone. I need to tell you how important that is to us. Diana has been determined to try to respond to every post with at least a”like” or a quick thank you. I have not been nearly as ambitious. To all of you who have posted or messaged or reached out in some other way: please know how deeply we appreciate and need your support.

So as you approach and enjoy these upcoming holidays, please say an unexpected kind word someone, hug one another a little tighter, and if you can gin up the courage, dare to tell someone you love them. Make it a point to celebrate your family and friends; love them in ways that will have people asking what has gotten into you. Enjoy THESE moments, because the future is never guaranteed.

My life is enriched by the crossing of our paths and the sharing of some part of this journey. Thank you all for making me a better teacher, friend, parent and person.

Grace and Peace,

Sam Fritz

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to my colleagues at School 3 to thank them for their support. Here is an edited version for all of you on Facebook and CruiseCritic.

My Dear Friends

As most of you know, on Tuesday evening I learned that my younger brother and his wife were killed in a bus accident while they were on a sightseeing tour in the Yucatan region of Mexico. As I write this, I am at 33,000 feet on my way to Cancun for anything but a Christmas vacation. I am representing my family in going to accompany their remains for their final journey home to Olympia, Washington.

As I reached out through social media I have been so touched by the support I received from so many of you in these past two days. Your kind words, your expressions of sympathy, and the many reminders of distant friendships have assured me that Diana and I do not walk through these troubled times alone. I need to tell you how important that is to us. Diana has been determined to try to respond to every post with at least a”like” or a quick thank you. I have not been nearly as ambitious. To all of you who have posted or messaged or reached out in some other way: please know how deeply we appreciate and need your support.

So as you approach and enjoy these upcoming holidays, please say an unexpected kind word someone, hug one another a little tighter, and if you can gin up the courage, dare to tell someone you love them. Make it a point to celebrate your family and friends; love them in ways that will have people asking what has gotten into you. Enjoy THESE moments, because the future is never guaranteed.

My life is enriched by the crossing of our paths and the sharing of some part of this journey. Thank you all for making me a better teacher, friend, parent and person.

Grace and Peace,

Sam Fritz

A beautiful, touching message. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers in the UK this Christmas. God bless.

My Dear Friends

Grace and Peace,

Sam Fritz

As a fellow Western New Yorker, sending you my deepest condolences......

Sam - Blessings and comfort to you, your family and all those impacted. Thank you for the reminder to appreciate, enjoy, help, smile and love those in our lives, as well as those we encounter throughout our day, as we tend to forget those basics during any given day.

Sam...so very sorry to read of your loss....we were praying that they were just unable to reach you but I guess that was not God's plan....I wish there was something we could do to ease your pain....May God be with you and your entire family at this terrible time. <|3

Sam Fritz- I have been teary reading all the condolences on the tragic loss of your brother and his wife. The flood gates opened up when reading your last post.

There are no words to express the sadness I feel for you, your family and all the victims of this horrible accident[emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dear Sam Fritz, You are a very special person to write this message reminding us all that every minute is precious when you are experiencing such grief. We hope that as time passes your grief will be lessened by the memories you have of your lost brother and his wife.

Thank you, Sam, for taking the time to come back and share your thoughts and hopes for all of us. Know you are surrounded by many who care and will be thinking of you, Diana and your entire family during these extremely difficult times. Safe journey and thank you again for the important reminders.

My Dear Friends

Grace and Peace,

Sam Fritz

I join the CC community in sending you my deepest sympathies. May fond and loving memories of your brother and sister-in-law bring you moments of peace during this most difficult time. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Might I just add, that you are an inspiration - for you to be able to find such amazing words of wisdom, during this period, shows your strength of character. Grace and peace to you and your family.

Sending you love.

My Dear Friends

Grace and Peace,

Sam Fritz

Sam, I will be on the Equinox tomorrow and we will be thinking about you and your family, along with everyone who has been impacted by this accident. Peace be with everyone at this time.