RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

And neither do we.

Are you hanging in the DL most nights?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If we are in the mood to be ready in advance of dinner, we will venture to the DL just to see how it’s going in there. Only if there isn’t something else going on we want to check out. We generally enjoy the atmosphere and the people we meet in the Lounge. It is NEVER crowded when we arrive. Usually 7-730 ish.

They did at one time but they may have removed it. It was a full bar before they made it into CL, they removed all the extra booze. Although I have seen a couple of the Concierges have a special bottle or 2 stashed. The DL does not even have a bar. They go to the Vortex for the drinks.
There was no pos terminal in cl on serenade last month. Also in dl on serenade , a table was setup right be the railing by the appetizers to serve drinks during cocktail hour.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Suite Lounge on the Oasis was installed during its dry dock in 2014. Coastal Kitchen was not operational when the Oasis returned to Fort Lauderdale October 2014. We sailed the Oasis on a 5 night cruise upon its return.

At that time we were told by the Concierge that Wonderland would be installed in place of the Concierge Lounge on decks 11 and 12. We were still able to order lunch from a menu in the Concierge Lounge.

Complimentary beer and wine was also provided.

We then sailed the Oasis 1-10-2015. The Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen were both operational at that time on Deck #17.

The Suite Lounge was installed during the Allure's last drydock. Both the Oasis and Allure had a Suite Lounge before the Harmony was built.

Don't you mean before Harmony was finished.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Not always. Sometimes the fare for all inclusive is cheaper than the cruise fare plus drinks package.

It varies from sailing to sailing.

A few years ago the UK site actually showed different prices for the same cruise, the non-promotion cruise fare and the promotion fare.

It was easy to see what the true cost of the 'all inclusive' was. Sometimes the AI promotion saved as much as 50% over booking the cruise and purchasing the alcohol package separately.

But be assured, it is certainly not 'free' all inclusive. You are paying for it to some degree in the cruise fare as the fare is inflated for the promotion.

Now when a promotion is on, that is the only price on offer. Unless you choose a GTY then the promotions are excluded.

Well explained.

The free drinks packages sound good but those of us who get early brochures know the prices are bumped up to pay for the free? drinks and usually after the promotion the price doesn't come down because most of the cabins have been sold.

Some of us have to get our holiday dates confirmed by employers otherwise we would always book as soon as prices and itinerary's are released.

Don't you mean before Harmony was finished.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app[/qu

Yes, as usual you are correct. I will be more accurate in the future.

No worries, I'm only right about half the time anyway. I have a couple members that often remind me. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

And it wasn't that long ago there were no Diamond Clubs.

On Mariner, the DL was much better than the CL.

Have only been on Mariner once, when she was in PC (and our first RCI cruise). We were in a suite, so had CL use...but there was no DL on the ship at that time. That came later.

Agree...love the DL on ships like Freedom better than the CL. When the Ds were kicked out of the CL, Freedom had the best "Diamond Event" with just beer/wine and cheap bubbly with cups of snack mix. It was a fun time, met lots of great people and lots of laughs every night! :D

Edited by island lady

Diamonds would have 3 drinks on they're card.

D+ would get the use of the D Lounge

That is what I thought would happen when the 3 drink vouchers first came out.

Ds lose the use of the DL (drink vouchers)

D+ lose the use of CLs (taken out..gone, use the possibly newly renamed DL)

Pinnacles lose the use of the SL. (In with the D+ unless booking a full suite).

Higher paying suites guests get the SL all to themselves.

It's simply that something obviously has to give with all the crowding, upper tier numbers swelling, no more overflows, and smaller Diamond Lounges on the biggest ships.

Edited by island lady

I really cannot understand why there is a need to suggest dilution of benefits.

Nothing really has to give at all. Leave the benefits exactly as they are.

The fact is, the Diamond lounge is there for D and above to use, If the lounges are full / crowded it is unfortunate, simply try again tomorrow / use your drinks vouchers.

Surely it is better to have a Lounge, even if it is overcrowded on some sailings , than not to have a lounge at all?

many if the cruises sold from the U.K. ( Directly or via a TA ) are inclusive of a drinks package.

Of course the price is increased to accommodate the “free” drinks.

It is quite a sensible move by Royal to ensure they get the maximum possible expenditure from guests, only a few are put off by the higher price, but as previously stated this does effect those that are D or above as they would then be paying the same as a first time cruiser, ( unless they book a balcony ) and the HH benefit is lost.

I’ve not seen an all inclusive offered directly by Royal. Why do you think the offer to those booking out of UK? Is it the tips?

I personally wish Royal would offer US all inclusive. It would benefit those that buy the packages as the costs is spread out over all cruisers, both drinkers and non drinkers.

Make it a cost of cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The fact is, the Diamond lounge is there for D and above to use, If the lounges are full / crowded it is unfortunate, simply try again tomorrow / use your drinks vouchers.

Surely it is better to have a Lounge, even if it is overcrowded on some sailings , than not to have a lounge at all?

I agree! Enough already! Enjoy the cruise and use the vouchers if the DL is overcrowded. Geez...

Thats true but most people have more than 3 drinks in the DL.

I tip $1 a drink and I'm sure the waiters don't mind how many drinks i have.

My suggestions of 5 vouchers per member would IMO be widely used and solve DL overcrowding on ships with a SL but someone on here keeps critising me that it would cost to much?? and affect his dividend.

I get what you are saying but the benefit is 'Lounge access' not 'unlimited drinks'.

My understanding is that the vouchers were introduced so that you can still have a complimentary drink (or three) even the lounge was full.

Well said! As per usual it’s the same couple broken records who keep suggesting things must change because they are the ones least affected by it being D+ or above. This thread is such a dead beaten repeating horse it’s crazy lol. I wonder if they remember the last time they said the same thing over and over in this thread? We do, that’s for sure [emoji849]

Well said! As per usual it’s the same couple broken records who keep suggesting things must change because they are the ones least affected by it being D+ or above. This thread is such a dead beaten repeating horse it’s crazy lol. I wonder if they remember the last time they said the same thing over and over in this thread? We do, that’s for sure [emoji849]

Whats wrong with suggesting 5 free drinks vouchers instead of 3 drinks vouchers?

I think Royal Caribbean should devote one entire deck for giving away free drinks and food. Each C & A tier should have their own lounge and the quality of the alcohol and food should served there correspond with its status. Pinnacles would get caviar and opus one while gold members would get canned sardines and ripple.

Whats wrong with suggesting more drinks perks for loyalty members?

With the prices rising over the last few years, especially on Ta's.

They might have to reinstate the diminishing freebies offered to C&A members.

Or maybe they just might jump ship