Coastal kitchen question (Junior Suite)

seadancer

Can we order anything from the main dining room menu if we don’t like the selections in the Coastal Kitchen?

We are going to celebrate our 25th anniversary and this is our first time in a suite. We are concerned that we will be stuck ordering from the “classic” side of the menu all cruise long. Please advise if anyone has had issues with this situation or not. Thank you!!

The only item I saw commonly ordered from the MDR menu is the lobster on the second formal night.

You can see the menu for CK ahead of time. If you don't like it, why not just go to the MDR that night?

The only item I saw commonly ordered from the MDR menu is the lobster on the second formal night.

You can see the menu for CK ahead of time. If you don't like it, why not just go to the MDR that night?

I didn’t know that you could if you were supposed to go to the suites dining room. Thx. Anyone else?

You are welcome to eat dinner anywhere on the ship (Coastal Kitchen, MDR, casual, Buffet, etc). For a special meal, you may also want to look into one of the specialty restaurants for an added fee.

You should be able to ask to see the menus for the week to decide where you want to eat each night.

I didn’t know that you could if you were supposed to go to the suites dining room. Thx. Anyone else?

Sure, in a Junior Suite you may not even be able to get reservations every night for CK. Sometimes it's sort of on a space available basis for JS guests.

Sure, in a Junior Suite you may not even be able to get reservations every night for CK. Sometimes it's sort of on a space available basis for JS guests.

Bob,

When they assigned us the FJS for our guarantee booking Coastal Kitchen was then available for online booking which I did. :D

Bob,

When they assigned us the FJS for our guarantee booking Coastal Kitchen was then available for online booking which I did. :D

Good to hear Bill. I'm starting to wonder if it's Quantum class that's the difference in allowing JS guests to book CK pre-cruise.

Good to hear Bill. I'm starting to wonder if it's Quantum class that's the difference in allowing JS guests to book CK pre-cruise.

Bob:

We'll be in a Spa JS on Anthem on February 9. We booked the cruise a few months ago, and I was not able to book CK on line through the Cruise Planner. I even called to ask and was told no, we could only book CK on board.

Well, I just checked my Cruise Planner and... CK was now available for me to book! The reservations I just made are now showing in my Calendar, and I rec'd confirming emails from RCI, so I have to believe we do have these reservations! :D

Perhaps CK only opens up for pre-cruise bookings by those in Junior Suites when it gets close to the cruise date, who knows.

Anyway, thanks for this thread, which made me check the Cruise Planner one last time!

Bob:

We'll be in a Spa JS on Anthem on February 9. We booked the cruise a few months ago, and I was not able to book CK on line through the Cruise Planner. I even called to ask and was told no, we could only book CK on board.

Well, I just checked my Cruise Planner and... CK was now available for me to book! The reservations I just made are now showing in my Calendar, and I rec'd confirming emails from RCI, so I have to believe we do have these reservations! :D

Perhaps CK only opens up for pre-cruise bookings by those in Junior Suites when it gets close to the cruise date, who knows.

Anyway, thanks for this thread, which made me check the Cruise Planner one last time!

Thanks for reporting back. Many if a few more folks report their experience, we will be able to see a pattern.

Thanks for reporting back. Many if a few more folks report their experience, we will be able to see a pattern.

Its been a few years since I was on Anthem but I have a theory regarding CK on Quantum class. I believe CK is not as popular on Quantum class (at least not on some sailings) as they are on Oasis class. So JS guests don't experience the same problems with making reservations.

When we were on Anthem, other complementary restaurants delivered a service and ambience equivalent to Coastal Kitchen. That plus the location, makes CK less appealing on Quantum class than on Oasis IMO. It's just a theory. I could be wrong.

On oasis and allure for mtd there is a podium closer to the dining room that had a sign that said sea class. Just walk up there and they will seat you. You do not have to wait in the usually longer line for guests without reservations. Great option when we did not like anything on the CK menu.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Got off the Anthem yesterday and had a JS. No problem going to Coastal every night. Reserved on board table for 7 for each night. Was our table and told them each night what time we would come the following night. When didn't like menu waiter brought filet from chops. No up charge. Enjoy

Got off the Anthem yesterday and had a JS. No problem going to Coastal every night. Reserved on board table for 7 for each night. Was our table and told them each night what time we would come the following night. When didn't like menu waiter brought filet from chops. No up charge. Enjoy

Wow! Did you ask or was a filet offered as an option?

Just mentioned that didn't like menu that night. Manager offered to serve filet. Also missed lobster night when ate at wounderland. Coastal sent lobster tails to specialty restaurant to serve with our dinner. Will never book for MDR again. Tipped waiter and manager extra $$ on last night.

Just mentioned that didn't like menu that night. Manager offered to serve filet. Also missed lobster night when ate at wounderland. Coastal sent lobster tails to specialty restaurant to serve with our dinner. Will never book for MDR again. Tipped waiter and manager extra $$ on last night.

Reuben, the Maitre D, Kevin, the host, and our waiter K(eshimir) in CK on Anthem two weeks ago were a highlight of our cruise.

Was in a Spa Junior Suite on Anthem in October. Was able to make reservations 2 months in advance in Cruise Planner. Reserved several nights, liked it so much, asked to switch to Coastal for the other nights, they couldn't be more accommodating. Our waiter. Juan, was exceptional.