Coastal kitchen question (Junior Suite)

seadancer

Reuben, the Maitre D, Kevin, the host, and our waiter K(eshimir) in CK on Anthem two weeks ago were a highlight of our cruise.

We were on Anthem in March also in a JS. We too had a great experience with Reuben (this guy had a permanent smile that was as big as they come), Kevin (who was always super nice and accommodating), and Milan (Keshimir's brother from a differen mother). We had Keshimir the one night Milan was off and he was outstanding as well.

We had been signed up for MTD and we went the first night and it was pure chaos and a miserable experience. We decided to try CK the second night and fell in love with the food, atmosphere, and service. We normally try a specialty restaurant or two but felt no need and hit CK the other 6 nights. On our first visit we lamented that CK didn't have the lobster bisque being served in the MDR so naturally Milan brought my daughter and me a bowl. He also would let us order our choice of desert and then also bring whatever he thought was special that night so we could share and experience his recommendation.

The weather sucked on this cruise and the captain skipped Cocoa Cay but the team in CK and especially Milan made this cruise highly memorable. I tipped him $20 after each meal because he made us feel special.

Was in a Spa Junior Suite on Anthem in October. Was able to make reservations 2 months in advance in Cruise Planner. Reserved several nights, liked it so much, asked to switch to Coastal for the other nights, they couldn't be more accommodating. Our waiter. Juan, was exceptional.

Thanks for the update.

Can we order anything from the main dining room menu if we don’t like the selections in the Coastal Kitchen?

We are going to celebrate our 25th anniversary and this is our first time in a suite. We are concerned that we will be stuck ordering from the “classic” side of the menu all cruise long. Please advise if anyone has had issues with this situation or not. Thank you!!

The direct answer to your specific question is "yes". You can order items from the MDR menu when you are dining in CK.

Its been a few years since I was on Anthem but I have a theory regarding CK on Quantum class. I believe CK is not as popular on Quantum class (at least not on some sailings) as they are on Oasis class. So JS guests don't experience the same problems with making reservations.

When we were on Anthem, other complementary restaurants delivered a service and ambience equivalent to Coastal Kitchen. That plus the location, makes CK less appealing on Quantum class than on Oasis IMO. It's just a theory. I could be wrong.

We were first on Anthem a couple of years ago as well, and I could not disagree with you more. The service in the main restaurants was awful and the food was pretty mediocre if not worse. CK, on the other hand, was amazing. Great service and wonderful food.

Thank you ALL for your insight! Those of you who have been on Allure of the Seas, could you tell me if the CK has ample room between the tables? If anyone has pictures, that would be great. We are concerned about being so close to the next table that we can pick up the neighbors food and move it to our table. [emoji15]

We’ve noticed in some previous cruises that a restaurant tries to cram as many tables as possible and you feel claustrophobic.

Thanks for your help!!!

Thank you ALL for your insight! Those of you who have been on Allure of the Seas, could you tell me if the CK has ample room between the tables? If anyone has pictures, that would be great. We are concerned about being so close to the next table that we can pick up the neighbors food and move it to our table. [emoji15]

We’ve noticed in some previous cruises that a restaurant tries to cram as many tables as possible and you feel claustrophobic.

Thanks for your help!!!

More room between tables than in the mdr.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help!!!

If you go onto You Tube and do a search there are several videos of CK on there

Thanks for your help!!!

Some of the tables for two on the Anthem are close together, but not the four tops. I am claustrophobic and had no problems in Coastal Kitchen even at the tables for two. I didn't feel claustrophobic in MDR either, but didn't enjoy the tables being so close together there. Coastal's tables for two have a tiny bit more room between them, but you may want to request a four top, if available.

We booked a GS on Harmony and dined in CK every night. And yes, they were always able to bring items from the main dining room to CK. We are in a Family Junior Suite on Anthem next month and I was able to book CK over 150 days out when dining first opened up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked a GS on Harmony and dined in CK every night. And yes, they were always able to bring items from the main dining room to CK. We are in a Family Junior Suite on Anthem next month and I was able to book CK over 150 days out when dining first opened up.

I have always booked coastal kitchen online for the three cruises on anthem which I was in junior suites for all three cruises. No problem booking every night on line.

I have always booked coastal kitchen online for the three cruises on anthem which I was in junior suites for all three cruises. No problem booking every night on line.

It seems OK to do so on Anthem.

It seems to be a problem on Allure.

It seems OK to do so on Anthem.

It seems to be a problem on Allure.

Only Anthem class has the ability to book CK online in the planner. It was never possible to book CK via cruise planner for Oasis class ships. Maybe Harmony has that availability?

Only Anthem class has the ability to book CK online in the planner. It was never possible to book CK via cruise planner for Oasis class ships. Maybe Harmony has that availability?

We sail on Harmony first week of April and nothing in our cruise planner as we are in GS.

Was able to book the Coastal Kitchen online when we sailed the Harmony April 2017.

We sailed April 22, 2017.

Just looked through my records and could not find the exact date we booked the Coastal Kitchen online. I believe it was at least 6 weeks before our cruise.

Were you able to do this from Dinning in Cruise Planner or another page? We sail first week in April and I just don’t see anything? Is it possible that this option is outside of Cruise Planner and on the page one selects MDR time?

The direct answer to your specific question is "yes". You can order items from the MDR menu when you are dining in CK.

So Anthem gets the nightly food choices from MDR and Oasis gets complimentary liquor. Nice to have choices. 😉

FWIW, it's likely easier for CK in Anthem to get MDR food due to its proximity. We've been told that Oasis frowns upon MDR food because they can't keep it hot.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app