Restroom Attendant TIP

miched

Are we supposed to tip that person for opening the door or handing us a towel?

It is common practice on land and I wonder if anyone does it on board? 🤔

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I never see anyone doing this, but IMHO if anyone deserves a tip at the end of the cruise it is these folks! They have one of the worst jobs on the ship, and if they do a good job then I would definitely consider tipping them at the end. I'll bet you would really make their day,

I don’t regularly, but have given a couple of women a tip on the last night of the cruise because they were consistently friendly and helpful (has always been in the restroom closest to Ensemble lounge on S class since we are there a lot or in Blu/Michaels/specialties nearby).

I’m glad you asked because I’ve been wondering too.

I tipped the young man who was constantly vacuuming the main stairs. He worked from 6am to 6pm mostly with a portable vacuum on his back. Always had a smile and hello for us as we went by. He really seemed to appreciate the gesture.

snow bunny

Last cruise I had a mobility issue and really valued the young girl in the ladies rest room just outside Michael’s Club always ready to press buttons for me and help me juggle my crutches!

Last night of the cruise I gave her a personal thankyou and tip and I honestly think she valued the thankyou more than the tip...We did mention her in our feedback.

Rarely used public rest rooms before...the staff do a great job!

Last cruise I had a mobility issue and really valued the young girl in the ladies rest room just outside Michael’s Club always ready to press buttons for me and help me juggle my crutches!

Last night of the cruise I gave her a personal thankyou and tip and I honestly think she valued the thankyou more than the tip...We did mention her in our feedback.

OMG. if every cruiser think like you there won't be many hard working men and women came from the other side of globe to work for us.:rolleyes:

I have heard too much of applause please show me your appreciation.

OMG. if every cruiser think like you there won't be many hard working men and women came from the other side of globe to work for us.:rolleyes:

That’s a rude and unnecessary comment. Tipping beyond the automatic gratuities is a personal choice. I myself have tipped a couple of friendly and hard working attendants at the end of a cruise and mentioned that I would praise them, by name, on the survey. Every one of these ladies thanked me for the tip, but seemed most thankful that I would mention them on the survey. Our praise on the surveys can make a difference for their raises and the possibility of promotions.

That’s a rude and unnecessary comment. Tipping beyond the automatic gratuities is a personal choice. I myself have tipped a couple of friendly and hard working attendants at the end of a cruise and mentioned that I would praise them, by name, on the survey. Every one of these ladies thanked me for the tip, but seemed most thankful that I would mention them on the survey. Our praise on the surveys can make a difference for their raises and the possibility of promotions.

In this real world,a lot of people just talk the talk but in realty never walk the walk:rolleyes:

I don't usually carry cash around on the ship so I don't tip the restroom attendants every time I use the facilities.

On our last night of the last cruise, I had $10 bill in my purse. I recognized the woman who was working in the restroom outside the theater was the same woman I had seen multiple times a day in the pool and buffet restrooms. She was always pleasant and kept the facilities immaculate. I handed her the $10 and thanked her for being so attentive. She was really surprised and overjoyed to be remembered. This is going to be my new cruising tradition: tip someone who is doing a tedious job and making the best of it. Also, get the name so I can mention the good service on the cruise survey because that is how these people get recognized by Celebrity.

Are we supposed to tip that person for opening the door or handing us a towel?

It is common practice on land and I wonder if anyone does it on board? 🤔

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I think I would tip more often if I knew for sure that the recipient got to keep the $$ themselves. Have read all kinds of conflicting posts regarding how the extra tipping policy works on X. If someone goes above and beyond and somehow makes your cruise experience special, then they should reap the benefits. I will definitely take the time on our upcoming sailing to fill out comment cards recognizing the folks that make a difference.

BZ

Did I say something that offended you? I am sorry if I did but I merely was commenting on the fact that at a very difficult stage in my life (coping with a temporary disability) I had thanked and tipped a hard working member of staff....I also mentioned that I had named her in feedback...What was offensive?

Did I say something that offended you? I am sorry if I did but I merely was commenting on the fact that at a very difficult stage in my life (coping with a temporary disability) I had thanked and tipped a hard working member of staff....I also mentioned that I had named her in feedback...What was offensive?

I was wondering the same thing, you gave her a positive comment and a tip. In what universe is the offensive

In this real world,a lot of people just talk the talk but in realty never walk the walk:rolleyes:

Is the sarcasm emoji the only one on your device?

So, let’s hear it. You mock and chastise others for their tipping decisions without stating your own. Let’s hear all about how well you tip the restroom staff on Celebrity ships.

I don’t regularly, but have given a couple of women a tip on the last night of the cruise because they were consistently friendly and helpful (has always been in the restroom closest to Ensemble lounge on S class since we are there a lot or in Blu/Michaels/specialties nearby).

I’m glad you asked because I’ve been wondering too.

I do that as well.

On our Silhouette TA there was an attendant in the ladies room just outside of Liminae. She had the voice of an angel and would sing as she tidied up. On the last evening I made a visit to tip her and get her name so I could mention it on the guest comments. She was not there but I've often wondered if she still works for X.

So you honestly think that they value more of your thank you notes more than the tip you offer.

Let me ask you how many pounds of rice can they buy with your thank you notes to feed the hunger families on the other side of globe?