Most Traveled Passenger

ACoupleAtSea

I do not understand what does being the M.T.P on a cruise get you? Is it just bragging rights or what and how do you know or why would you care how many days someone else has cruised?:confused:

If someone books a long cruise in one segment - is it possible to get invited to the MTP luncheon/cocktail party more than once, if the cruise is available to be booked in smaller segments? . e.g. - Cruise is booked as a 28 day trip, but can also be booked 2 x 14 days.:confused::confused:

Sure, but the function is limited by the length of the cruise. A 7 day could be a luncheon or cocktail party and a 3 or 4 day trip could possibly be a Specialty restaurant voucher.

Also the number of people invited on cruises shorter than 7 days is only 20 total, not 40.

I am curious as to what types of cruises folks are doing who have over 1000 days on Princess. I have over 50 cruises under my belt on different lines and if i am guessing thats only about 375 or 400 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good question, we are like you... well over 60 cruises, on 9 lines, never kept track of days. On princess we have 26 cruises never kept track of days... would guess close to 300 days.

Is the number for the MTP 40 with a spouse or Significant other or 20 with a spouse?

Hopefully the MTP has been traveling with his/her spouse....if not....one or the other has a lot of "splaining" to do....

I do not understand what does being the M.T.P on a cruise get you? Is it just bragging rights or what and how do you know or why would you care how many days someone else has cruised?:confused:

For me, it's better food and a chance to talk to the officers that work on the ship. I couldn't care less about how many days someone has, although I do enjoy meeting passengers that have cruised extensively. I see it as an opportunity to learn more about a cruise that they may have done, that I haven't done yet.

I am curious as to what types of cruises folks are doing who have over 1000 days on Princess. I have over 50 cruises under my belt on different lines and if i am guessing thats only about 375 or 400 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We don't have 1000 days, but do have nearly 750 on 46 cruises with Princess. We have sailed over most of the world with them. I guess our longest single cruises were 32 days on the Ocean Princess sailing over the Indian Ocean.

I have been reading along with interest, and this got me thinking...I have been cruising for 27 years, the cruise lines from my first 10 years of cruising, are now reef's for the fishies. So out of curiosity for myself, I mentally counted the total cruise days I have sailed...which amounts to approximately 275 days (give or take a few). Which averages to one 10 night cruise a year, So, for those who have 2000+ days, I know its possible, the facts are there, but for us to accumulate that much time, it would take almost 5 1/2 years of living on board to make that. So, my question is, can some of the "MTP's" be living on the ship to quality for the title?

Yes, they can be. We sailed once several years ago. She was living on the second Royal Princess (the current Royal is the third). She had about 350 cruises and nearly 5000 days.

Wow....

I just think I would be bored with sailing only on one cruise line, much more so if only on one ship. As much as I think it would be fun to be invited to the MTP and might even qualify if I added all my cruise days from Celebrity, Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean and Holland America to the days I've cruised on Princess, but would not stick to one line just for said perks. Most of my cruises have actually been on Princess and have a just little over half that number on Celebrity. Celebrity has recognized my loyalty many times over what I've been shown on Princess. Seems odd but that's what we've experienced.

Yes, they can be. We sailed once several years ago. She was living on the second Royal Princess (the current Royal is the third). She had about 350 cruises and nearly 5000 days.

Wow....

I just think I would be bored with sailing only on one cruise line, much more so if only on one ship. As much as I think it would be fun to be invited to the MTP and might even qualify if I added all my cruise days from Celebrity, Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean and Holland America to the days I've cruised on Princess, but would not stick to one line just for said perks. Most of my cruises have actually been on Princess and have a just little over half that number on Celebrity. Celebrity has recognized my loyalty many times over what I've been shown on Princess. Seems odd but that's what we've experienced.

Wouldn't you think in a case of someone actually "living" on the ship, would disqualify them for that "honor". As a "loyal" cruiser who chooses my vacation on a particular line, I would like to have a chance for that "honor" (as it is) and with the line including those who live on the ship....I have literally no chance....why then, would I stay "loyal" to that line....

Reading this thread it bring to mind it is similar to owning a holiday house... but it moves.

We have been to one place we like for about 250 days and that has taken 10 years, so four or eight times that is a lot of holiday over a lot of years.

At least with princess you have the choice a different designs of ships.

Like when you think of a 1000 or 2000 days on a cruise ship at say at $250 per day per person for 2000 days could be easily a million dollars plus.

It would be interesting to go on lots of cruises if one had the money.

One final thought these people must really get to know all the ships very well, do they go in any cabin or do they have a few favourites cabins

Cheers Don

A couple we know who have well over 2,000 nights, don't live on a ship, but they only go home for a few days between cruises. Obviously they are Elite, so all their laundry is done. They manage financially because they book the cheapest cabin on the ship (well under AUD$100 (US$75) pp per day) and spend virtually nothing on board. :D

“Tony, assuming you mean Steve K, we haven’t seen them in four years. How is Peggy doing?”

Jeanne,

Peggy passed away. Sorry to tell you. Alice

Hi Jeanne & Alice,

So sorry it’s true about Peggy. My wife and I loved her so much. She was so nice to everyone, A Beautiful Lady!!! <3 Steve did not go on a cruise for the last 3 years. I talk to Steve from time to time. I convinced him to go again and he did this year on the Royal Princess.

Tony

Tony, thanks for the update. We felt the same. We have Steve’s address (assuming he hasn’t moved) and will get in touch with him. I’m glad you encouraged him to cruise again. He and Peggy were the ones that first started us thinking about extended cruising.

Wouldn't you think in a case of someone actually "living" on the ship, would disqualify them for that "honor". As a "loyal" cruiser who chooses my vacation on a particular line, I would like to have a chance for that "honor" (as it is) and with the line including those who live on the ship....I have literally no chance....why then, would I stay "loyal" to that line....

Why should they be "disqualified"? They pay for their cruises, just as everybody else does. If you are going to come up with a rule that does that, then you'd probably also have to have a rule that says something like "you can't count more than x days of cruises or y number of cruises on any given year"? And don't forget you'd probably need to stop giving credit for 2 cruises for being a single person in a stateroom or 2 cruise credits for being in a suite (or 3 credits for being a single person in a suite!) to advance from one level to another! In effect these are all based on how much $$ you've spent with the cruise line!

Tom

Tony, thanks for the update. We felt the same. We have Steve’s address (assuming he hasn’t moved) and will get in touch with him. I’m glad you encouraged him to cruise again. He and Peggy were the ones that first started us thinking about extended cruising.

Steve hasn’t moved. That’s funny we started doing B2B cruises because of Steve & Peggy.

Tony

Many of the cruisers with a large number of days have taken a number of cruises longer than the typical seven day cruise. Or they may take B2B trips such as a Trans-Atlantic together with a Baltics cruise with together could give 25+ cruise days.

And there are cruisers who spend months cruising at a time, for example to escape winter back home.