What length of cruise do like to do ?

Longest cruise we've ever been on was 31 days and I loved it. Our average cruise is about 21 days. We are getting ready for a 36 day cruise and I'm looking forward to it but not the flight to get there! It will be an adventure. In all the 50 or so cruises I have been on over the years, there were only two I couldn't wait to get off the ship and they were not on Princess.

We have done 7-10-15, love the longer ones and love sea days:) We have 23 cruises under our belts and this July will be a first family cruise!!! I am getting excited when I think of how the different family members will experience their first cruise!! Who knows maybe it will be the start of “family cruising vacations”! ;)

We like between 9 and 11 day sailings. We don't care for anything much longer than that, although have done longer sailings in the past. We've also done a few 3 night sailings .... definitely not too fond of those unless we are going with friends and we are introducing them to cruising. Another time we opt for the shorter ones is when there is a re-positioning cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco.

We started with 7 days. Then 10. Then 13, and finally 14. That's the longest we've been on. Loved them all. If we fly to embark across the pond, it will have to be 12 days or more. Otherwise, it's not worth flying over.

When we lived in Las Vegas, we enjoyed some 3, 4, or 5 day coastal cruises. Flights to San Diego, Orange County, or LAX were literally every hour, so same-day travel was no issue. Those shorter cruises made for an excellent extended weekend getaway.

Our longest so far was 23 days to Norway,Iceland and TA to Brooklyn. We are booked for 49 days next February also.

Perhaps we are on the same cruise that leaves Feb 2,2019? Retired now and excited. Only 301 more days:)

Longer is better!

Howard

Hi Howard!

We also enjoy the longer cruises. We started out doing a few 7 day ones and quickly moved up to 10 days and then the longest one...a 33 day Hawaii & South Pacific.

But hubby and I are also going to be going on the 49 day cruise on the Royal Princess next February of 2019. I assume that is the one you mention?

So, here we are, hubby and I ready to "live" on a ship for that long. Hope it works out..not sure as it is an awfully long time to be away from home and family.

Ideal time for me...a 14 day cruise, but always with a two night stay in a hotel before and if a long flight home...a one to two night stay after the cruise. Perfect!

Thanks Everybody for your input ,

So it look like the 14 day is the most common, and most would love to do more,

We are hoping maybe end of next year to do a B2B to make it 27 days.

I think the main thing to go cruising and enjoy yourself , we often feel really getting into things at it's time to get off ( not allow to use the "D" word ) until the next time

Cheers Don

I think 10 nights are perfect for a Caribbean, or winter get-a-way. 14 nights are better if it's an interesting itinerary, somewhere besides the Caribbean.

I still work and have a lot of vacation, but it's almost impossible for me to take more than 2 weeks at a time, so that limits my choices, but I really don't think I would like to be on a ship for more than 4 weeks regardless of the itinerary.

I've taken a few short cruises - one 3 night, one 4 night, and I have 5 night cruise planned in conjunction with a Disney land trip that will include a 5 year old. It will be his first big trip, so we don't want to try to do too much and end up with a cranky, worn out kid.

Hi All,

Just wondering what length of cruise do you prefer ?

For us it's round 14 days, would loved to go longer but have family commitments.

Also would do a 3 or 4 day cruise ?

Yes 75 day pacific circle cruise is on the bucket list:D.

Cheers Don

14 or longer

Interesting thread and read. Don't know if the poster who mentioned post office/held mail will check back but mine held my mail from Feb. 25-March 30th. I asked about having my mail forwarded to my sister (a block away), they said, how long will you be gone? When I said 34 days, they said the Poatmaster can sign off on it. I just got back and it worked fine.

We’ve only taken three and four day cruises because that’s what our budget allows, but we were gifted a ten day cruise this summer for our anniversary, and I intend to enjoy it completely.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

It’s a very nice gift.

Where to?

Enjoy your cruise and God willing, enjoy many more in the future. :)

Hi All,

Just wondering what length of cruise do you prefer ?

For us it's round 14 days, would loved to go longer but have family commitments.

Also would do a 3 or 4 day cruise ?

Yes 75 day pacific circle cruise is on the bucket list:D.

Cheers Don

Usually 14 plus. This year 14 day circle caribbean, next year 28 day Hawaii and south Pacific. LA round trip Emerald Princess.

Hi Howard!

We also enjoy the longer cruises. We started out doing a few 7 day ones and quickly moved up to 10 days and then the longest one...a 33 day Hawaii & South Pacific.

But hubby and I are also going to be going on the 49 day cruise on the Royal Princess next February of 2019. I assume that is the one you mention?

So, here we are, hubby and I ready to "live" on a ship for that long. Hope it works out..not sure as it is an awfully long time to be away from home and family.

Ideal time for me...a 14 day cruise, but always with a two night stay in a hotel before and if a long flight home...a one to two night stay after the cruise. Perfect!

That's the one!

See you at the M&G

I have a beard and will have my camera

Howard

Any cruise no matter the length is a good length.

That said, during our first 15 day Hawaiian cruise we actually looked at adding the next 15 day cruise as a b2b while on board. With a kid in school on the cruise with us, it didn't work. We finally did a 30 day for retirement, and did not feel we were shorted and wanted to go more days. Did a 31 day 7 years later and felt about the same. However, there was a death in the family with 3 days to go that did put a damper on the last sea days.

We have done several 12 to 15 days and have always enjoyed them, but will try a 60 night cruise this fall. DW has wanted to visit Japan without having to fly and this one does it.

Going back to the question of ideal length, 4 day cruises are weekend get aways. I have seen other people done at 7 days, we like the 15s, but they do feel short mostly. Might try a 21 next year. Maybe that will be the right length.

Mostly, we enjoy a 7 or 8 day, but every so often a 10 to 12 day comes up with an interesting itinerary, so we jump on it.We are both retired. I work part time, but can always take time off ( not paid). Longer than that would be hard financially. If I could afford it, we'd spend the rest of our lives on a cruise ship.

We've taken only one really short cruise (5 days) in 2015 that we tacked on at the last minute to a 12 day cruise. We discovered that we liked the longer cruises and, since we're retired, they fit our schedule. In 2016 we did 20 day B2B cruises, in 2017 a 31 day B2B cruise and in 2018 a 25 day B2B. This summer it's only a 7 day cruise and I already know it will be too short but we taking the entire family with us so it too will be memorable.