Theft from Cabin Safes?

When we have had safe problems on Allure they would not even enter the cabin unless we were present.

Just returned from LOTS. The battery went out on our safe on day 4, and Guest Services said we would need to be present to replace it, which we were glad for. We completely understood, and when we returned from our excursion later that day, we called them and someone was there in a few minutes. Sorry for the OP's loss.

We’ve used this little camera in our rooms for a couple of years. It’s small and not very noticeable. Can be set up to only record on motion detection. Never had anything taken from our room or never seen our room Attendant doing anything inappropriate. I guess it’s just a little piece of mind just in case something does happen

https://www.amazon.com/Camera-SOOSPY-Portable-Security-Detection-Function/dp/B07BFC261R

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the oasis, had a problem with the safe, and was told had to be there for them to enter and fix safe. Then I had to print and sign name to their clipboard.

I don't think there is an alarm that goes off in the bathroom because there was one coming from the safe, but honestly if the closet door was closed you wouldn't even have heard it.

OP was back but after typing very long explanation to everything went to post and glitch to computer/ internet/or site twice and gone was my post.Getting up the energy to do over as so much info. HC cabin, will get back but dealing with side effects of severe neck issues due to having to try to turn neck (mine does not turn) to back scooter out of the minuscule elevators which upped my pain severely during cruise and after and dealing with many Dr appointments to fix. When a log post disappears twice is discouraging so getting up energy to reply to all said.

OP was back but after typing very long explanation to everything went to post and glitch to computer/ internet/or site twice and gone was my post.Getting up the energy to do over as so much info. HC cabin, will get back but dealing with side effects of severe neck issues due to having to try to turn neck (mine does not turn) to back scooter out of the minuscule elevators which upped my pain severely during cruise and after and dealing with many Dr appointments to fix. When a log post disappears twice is discouraging so getting up energy to reply to all said.
Sometimes I write a long post in Word, save it and then cut and paste it into Cruise Critic.

Sometimes I write a long post in Word, save it and then cut and paste it into Cruise Critic.

Good advice. I sometimes do that with a review.

Else I try to write a concise post and not a novella, which may also be good advice for OP.

We’ve used this little camera in our rooms for a couple of years. It’s small and not very noticeable. Can be set up to only record on motion detection. Never had anything taken from our room or never seen our room Attendant doing anything inappropriate. I guess it’s just a little piece of mind just in case something does happen

https://www.amazon.com/Camera-SOOSPY-Portable-Security-Detection-Function/dp/B07BFC261R

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you used this on a cruise ship? Did you dismantle it when you departed?

Absolutely ridiculous

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry about the theft.

But, the issues should have been dealt with whilst you were on the ship. You lost any leverage once you stepped off the gangway. You should have been talking directly with the Hotel Manager and the Captain, not some junior officer from Security. You should have demanded a report of every key card used to access your stateroom that day. More than likely, they fulfilled your request and replaced the safe. Your safe and belonging were probably sitting in a repair shop on the ship. But, junior Sheriff Snuffy could not get around the word "theft" to get to the root cause and resolve your issue.

So talking with security was the wrong thing to do? Is there an instruction book for passengers that tells them these things?

I never knew leaving the ship closed the book on anything that happened aboard. How convenient for the cruise line. :rolleyes:

You might want to reconsider cruising. You aren't going to find a ship with elevators any bigger than Allure's.

When we sailed on the Allure, we also had safe issues, where the safe would not open. Called down and had someone come check the safe out. She opened it up and said it was fine. We ended up having the same issue 4 more times. Tried each additional time to get the safe replaced, but they kept on saying it was fine.

There were times where we were trying to get off the ship,but couldn't. Since we were unable to get our id's and money. A few times we waited 45 minutes for someone to show up. One good thing is we use a travel safe that we put all of our valuables in and locked it up, than put that into the safe. So far it has worked out for us without any issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Copy and paste it to an email, so if the important post goes poof you have a back up.

JC

Wow, very interesting...and unfortunate for you. Thank you for sharing. I will certainly make a point to make sure our safe is working properly.

And like a previous poster stated, I clearly saw SEVERAL cabin doors open at once while cleaning was going on.

We are just off the Liberty. Every room steward on our hallway pulled their cart across the open doorway so that no one could get into the cabin while they were cleaning it. They just did one suite at a time.

We have had several safes that we got locked out of on RCI ships which were usually reset by Maintenance or a battery was replaced. On 2 occasions they actually had to replace the safe. The responding person would have a log sheet that had to be signed or initialed by me which obviously required my presence.

There was only one instance where the safe would not lock so I called Maintenance and it was fixed before we used it!

If a safe was left locked then only one of the few Maintenance folks trained to repair defective safes would have been able to open it. The other alternative is that any of those with pass key access to the cabin could have taken the safe contents if it was found in the open position.

We have inadvertently left our safe unlocked over the years and have been thankful no one took anything!

Sorry about the theft.

But, the issues should have been dealt with whilst you were on the ship. You lost any leverage once you stepped off the gangway. You should have been talking directly with the Hotel Manager and the Captain, not some junior officer from Security. You should have demanded a report of every key card used to access your stateroom that day. More than likely, they fulfilled your request and replaced the safe. Your safe and belonging were probably sitting in a repair shop on the ship. But, junior Sheriff Snuffy could not get around the word "theft" to get to the root cause and resolve your issue.

Agreed. I would never wait until I returned home before taking up the issue with more senior managers. I would have complained then and there on the spot to at least the hotel manager. Then, if I hadn't had satisfaction, I would taken the matter further to the President's office upon my return.

So talking with security was the wrong thing to do? Is there an instruction book for passengers that tells them these things? I never knew leaving the ship closed the book on anything that happened aboard. How convenient for the cruise line. :rolleyes:

You need to resolve issues when you are on the ship. NOT by complaining on Cruise Critic after the fact. The minute you use the word “theft”, the ship goes into a defensive mode. Junior Officer Snuffy’s job is to prove you wrong. You must escalate quickly while Snuffy goes through his/her instruction book on “risk mitigation”.

My question exactly! What "bathroom" alarm? I've never seen an alarm in a bathroom.I've been cruising for decades and this is the first time I've ever heard someone that had belongings stolen from a safe. Was the safe even locked? Staff can't open it only security and you can open it. If the safe was not working (would not lock) why would you leave things in it?

My question exactly! What "bathroom" alarm? I've never seen an alarm in a bathroom.I've been cruising for decades and this is the first time I've ever heard someone that had belongings stolen from a safe. Was the safe even locked? Staff can't open it only security and you can open it. If the safe was not working (would not lock) why would you leave things in it?

It’s been mentioned already....they r in handicap accessible rooms.

I for one don't really believe their story. Way too many holes in it.

Seriously?? Do you really think someone would waste their time and, of all things they could possibly ever do in the world, post a fake story about their safe being emptied?