No more refundable deposits?

You have to go all the way thru the booking process and after entering all passenger names etc on the next screen where you pick dining time is a box to check if you want a refundable deposit - that box has the additional amount listed for refundable

Oh yes.
For non-refundable deposits, it has usually been cheaper to book as non-refundable than refundable (i.e. less than the $100 per person you would loose for cancelling a non-refundable) than to book using the refundable price.

Have to go threw like you are booking the cabin. Second to last page where it asks if you want Insurance, Pre-pay tips, it will give you the option to get Refundable and price

Why can't it be done without the hassle? The two amounts used to come up early in the dummy booking. I find it very "off putting" to even bother to make a booking.

Why can't it be done without the hassle? The two amounts used to come up early in the dummy booking. I find it very "off putting" to even bother to make a booking.

They designed it to be a pain. They probably figure more people will book non-refundable this way.

I think it is to get folks used to refundable not being available.

I believe you are correct. It also seems like the refundable prices are creeping up higher and will get to the point where it will be like airline tickets where it's pretty much cost prohibitive for most people to book that way

So after they get rid of refundable deposits completely will eligibility for price drops be next? I foresee RCI forcing a re-booking to get a price drop which, of course, will then cause the forfeiting of the non-refundable deposit.

So after they get rid of refundable deposits completely will eligibility for price drops be next? I foresee RCI forcing a re-booking to get a price drop which, of course, will then cause the forfeiting of the non-refundable deposit.

I think you are correct, another way to minimize the loss of revenue from a price drop.

....like most markets outside the NA.

They used to do that. It used to be that a lot of price drops were for new bookings only. That was back before every day was a sale day

Edited by molly361

I had my TA check a possible price drop however when she came back with the numbers and I would lose the OBC, and other deductions that I received when I booked. I would lose over $500 to net a $200 savings in room cost so kept everything the way it was.