What's the real story to bringing water bottles on board??

How nice for you. It's the principle, $39 is highway robbery plain and simple. I would however be willing to pay 3x the amount, that would be fair and justifiable.

Highway robbery is an overused, and overly dramatic comparison. Does your cheaper water include being delivered to your room? Royal also has to handle the trash to get it to their processing and dispose of it. so I have to pay more for my water because you are chear. I don't worry about a $4 bottle of water when I am in the middle of the ocean and the nearest Quijkee mart if 500 miles away. Spend $3k on a cruise and complain about the price of water.?

You answered your own question, "Paying $39 for bottled water is ridiculous", yes it is and people do it so you bringing your own on board is one less bottle they sell you. Same for soda and booze. It's all about $$$

Highway robbery is an overused, and overly dramatic comparison. Does your cheaper water include being delivered to your room? Royal also has to handle the trash to get it to their processing and dispose of it. so I have to pay more for my water because you are chear. I don't worry about a $4 bottle of water when I am in the middle of the ocean and the nearest Quijkee mart if 500 miles away. Spend $3k on a cruise and complain about the price of water.?

But isn’t that really RC’s fault for allowing people to bring their own bottled water? I mean, it is expressly forbidden in their own rules and yet they clearly allow it.

So if RC was concerned with the extra waste and work they’d just say “sorry, not allowed!” just like they do with other forbidden items.

(I didn’t bring a dog to this fight because I’m perfectly happy to drink tap water. I find most bottled water gross.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we have always slapped a tag on a case of water and it has always arrived intact and to our cabin..... we have done this on both celebrity and Royal

Have you done it recently in Port Canaveral? Do you think there is a reason the porters there are refusing to handle that bulky case? :confused: Just curious.

Have you done it recently in Port Canaveral? Do you think there is a reason the porters there are refusing to handle that bulky case? :confused: Just curious.

I keep reading reports that the porters at Port Canaveral will not take obvious cases of water. We put the water in a rolling bag and they have no problem taking that.

I keep reading reports that the porters at Port Canaveral will not take obvious cases of water. We put the water in a rolling bag and they have no problem taking that.

As do I and have mentioned that several times. Simply put bottles of water in a handled case, rolling or not...and put a luggage tag on that. Has never failed to arrive. Makes it easier for the porters and us!! :D

Not cool to just "slap a tag" on a bulky shrink wrapped case of water. The porters don't like handling that, and who could blame them.

not in canaveral,, just in ft. lauderdale and Miami...cannot possibly imagine why they wouldn't. rather lift a 10 or 15 lb. package of water vs. having to lift a 50 lb. suitcase.. have you seen the size of some of those suitcases??????

Edited by Host Star

Actually you can buy a 6 pack of Evian for $4.98 at Walmart.

No you are mistaken. The 6 pack at Walmart for that price would be the small 11oz ones, not the large 1 liter size.. I buy the 6 pack of Walmart 1 lt ones. Was just there, they are $10.98 for 6 one liter size as of today at my local Walmart

Edited by ONECRUISER

not in canaveral,, just in ft. lauderdale and Miami...cannot possibly imagine why they wouldn't. rather lift a 10 or 15 lb. package of water vs. having to lift a 50 lb. suitcase.. have you seen the size of some of those suitcases??????

Baggage has wheels. But I put my soda in a separate small soft light weight bag or carryon size bag with wheels and check it at pier...

Edited by ONECRUISER

I was under the impression that it wasn't allowed until I read a recent review on VOS and the OP stated they were allowed to bring water bottles on board at embarkation.

Paying $39 for bottled water is ridiculous, I really don't know how RCI can justify the exorbitant charge.

Has anyone else gotten away with bringing bottled water on board?

We picked up a case of water from Walgreen's that was still in the plastic wrap, I taped a cabin bag tag and checked it with the rest of luggage at the port. They delivered w/o issue. I figured it only cost $3 bucks, if they pull it no big deal

I bought a duffle with handles just for this purpose. $40 but have used it at least 6 times. I fit 24 to 30 bottles of water in it. Give it to the porter and have never had an issue. I will not pay the huge charge for water on board. Just crazy. If they start in forcing I'll bring back my metal water bottle. However those need to go in carry on as otherwise will end up in naughty room since they suspect alcohol in them.

The duffle folds flat and fits in the outside pocket of one of our bags when we fly. Easy.

Baggage has wheels. But I put my soda in a separate small soft light weight bag or carryon size bag with wheels and check it at pier...

yes, baggage has wheels but have you ever watched them stack them onto the cages.... they don't wheel them up.. :)

yes, baggage has wheels but have you ever watched them stack them onto the cages.... they don't wheel them up.. :)

No joke. Can you imagine if they wheeled all the bags! They could move 2 at a time... how many trips would that be!

Yeah, I still say that if the cruise lines have issue with schlepping water anywhere they would ban people from bringing it or just say “that has to be in a bag” or something. Clearly it isn’t an issue with people just slapping a tag on it. But if it makes you feel good (I mean, you’re already breaking the rules anyway) to put it in a bag than go for it! (“You” = any person bringing water. Not “You” the person I replied to.)

We put 2 6-packs of 16 oz. bottles of Pepsi in a hard side carryon and checked it at the curb with our other suitcases. Arrived at our cabin door with all bottles intact. But we live close and drive to the port...no flights involved, so it’s easy for us to bring an extra carryon.

We have been on 9 cruises out of Fort Lauderdale. I have always given the Porter’s a case of water and sometimes a case of Pepsi too. Just tape several luggage tags on them and give the Porter’s a good tip. I just did this recently this year in March & May on cruises. The cases have always made it to the cabin. Now I did pay for a case of water on the ship one time too. I prefer to bring it!

And then they magically transport themselves down the narrow hallway from the crew elevator they use to bring up luggage all the way down to your cabin. :D

And then they magically transport themselves down the narrow hallway from the crew elevator they use to bring up luggage all the way down to your cabin. :D

funny but true,,, some times the water arrives but I have to go hunt my wheelie bags.. LOL

We just got on the Freedom. We didn’t bring water on because we have the drink package, but they didn’t even bother to open my bags to check that my wine wasn’t vodka, and we had 2 opened bottles of water in our backpacks that they didn’t check or ask about either.

We just got on the Freedom. We didn’t bring water on because we have the drink package, but they didn’t even bother to open my bags to check that my wine wasn’t vodka, and we had 2 opened bottles of water in our backpacks that they didn’t check or ask about either.

RCI: Really Consistently Inconsistent. ;)

Meaning of course that case of water had to be lugged by hand down there...no wheels to assist. ;)

well, seeing as I didn't actually 'see" how it got there I can't be sure .. could have been delivered via a cart.. have no idea... and also don't know if it was my cabin steward that could have delivered it... always have had nice stewards... all have been pleasant and helpful....if fort lauderdale and miami change their policy i will certainly follow the rules

Edited by Host Star