Storage on Equinox

mlmbar

First time on Celebrity after 8 on RCI, mostly in Jr Suites. We are on Equinox in Aqua for 10 days. Is there adequate storage space? Any suggestions for organization?

First time on Celebrity after 8 on RCI, mostly in Jr Suites. We are on Equinox in Aqua for 10 days. Is there adequate storage space? Any suggestions for organization?

That depends on how much stuff you bring. With airline baggage fees we now tend to travel light and thought the Equinox had tons of space. We also travel with average sized suitcases that easily slip under the bed. Each night I pull out an empty suitcase and toss out dirty laundry there to keep everything neat. You have a storage cabinet to hang clothes, storage bins above the bed, and drawers by the desk. We had empty drawers on our last cruise, but that's us. You may want to view a youtube tour of the ship.

You will be shocked at the little storage space as compared even to a balcony cabin on RCI. The closet is tiny. The over the bed space is large but hard to reach unless you are 6 feet tall. And the small table in front of the sofa is a real pain. We put ours out on the balcony. BTW, the balcony is very small also, unless you are in a slanted balcony. I am buying a couple of magnetic wall hooks for our July Equinox cruise. Pinnacle on RCI, but we fell in love with the Celebrity overall product on our first X cruise in December.

If you're diamond on Royal that transfers over to Elite on X. That entitles you each to one free bag of laundry permitting you to pack less.

We've learned to only unpack clothing that we definitely intend to wear during the cruise. "Just in case" items are left in the suitcase under the bed.

Storage is not a strong point for Celebrity. Rooms are all the same layout except for suites.

Empty suitcases will be able to slide under the bed. We fold up dirty clothes as we go and put them back into the suitcases. This way we are nearly packed by the end of the cruise.

I always bring 12-15 skinny hangers as there are never enough.

We also use packing cubes which we then use to store above the bed. It is a bit of a pain but we have become used to it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For two people, yes. You may require additional hangers. Just ask the cabin attendant for more.

THANK you for this link. I heard about using these and that is the cheapest I have ever seen them! My local store actually came up when I clicked the link!

All great ideas. Honestly, we tend to overpack and I am sure we will be shocked. Last cruise on RCI we had an Owner's Suite and couldn't even nearly use all of the space LOL!!

The closet is tiny. The over the bed space is large but hard to reach unless you are 6 feet tall. .

I must disagree. I am in my mid seventies and 5'2" tall. I have no trouble accessing the overhead storage. I use packing cubes and put underwear, t shirts and other folded items up there. The drawers are left for odds and ends like chargers, binoculars etc and we have ample space on hangers in the closet. There is plenty of storage space in the bathroom for toiletries and cosmetics. We have cruised for up to thirty days with no problem, although we did send laundry using our CC coupons.

I'm not sure how much stuff people take but we've never had an issue with storage. There is plenty of room for 2 people, 10 days unless you have a complete new outfit for each day - lol

I mean it's not like home but it's fine. We unpack, put the suitcases under the bed and manage just fine. And we do bring a lot. A full suitcase and carry on each and a snorkel bag so it's not like we are light packers. Never understood when people say there isn't enough storage.

I'm not sure how much stuff people take but we've never had an issue with storage. There is plenty of room for 2 people, 10 days unless you have a complete new outfit for each day - lol

I mean it's not like home but it's fine. We unpack, put the suitcases under the bed and manage just fine. And we do bring a lot. A full suitcase and carry on each and a snorkel bag so it's not like we are light packers. Never understood when people say there isn't enough storage.

Lol we do have a new outfit for each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are 5'2" how do you reach that overhead storage? I had to stand on the bed. And to us, the closet IS tiny. You are correct that there is a good amount of storage in the bathroom.

I keep my folded items in their packing cubes, so just have to flip the cube down, get out what I want and flip it back up. No standing on the bed. I would have more difficulty getting individual items in and out and keeping them tidy. I don’t need to use the centre part that is right over the middle of the bed. I guess I must be a light packer. My aim is to be able to manage my own suitcase on the land travel that we usually add on to a cruise.

Just returned from aqua on Equinox. Storage is adequate, Not as plentiful as other lines but I traveled heavy (we don’t have to fly) and with overhead storage we were fine.

I’m also a firm believer of packing cubes. I leave tshirts, capris, bathing suits & lingerie in their respective cubes, no wrinkles & no mess. The cubes go in the overhead storage bin. My hanging clothes go in the closet. We always have enough room & room stays neat. I also bring magnetic clips & hooks for the multitude of paper & hats

This may not be an option for everyone, but our last cruise (on Equinox earlier this month) I packed my evening clothes on hangers in my suitcase. Carefully, with other clothes amongst them to prevent wrinkles. Then just hung them up in the closet once on board which left plenty of X's hangers for my day wear. Ditto in reverse when packing to go home.

This may not be an option for everyone, but our last cruise (on Equinox earlier this month) I packed my evening clothes on hangers in my suitcase. Carefully, with other clothes amongst them to prevent wrinkles. Then just hung them up in the closet once on board which left plenty of X's hangers for my day wear. Ditto in reverse when packing to go home.

I have done that for years So easy to unpack No need to worry if there will be enough hangers

Storage space is not the S class strong suit, except in the bathrooms. However, there is no need to worry about having enough hangers. Your cabin attendant will provide you with as many as you need.

I use collapsible bins in the overhead bins and smaller ones in the otherwise useless bedside shelves.

Agree completely.

Always laugh at these threads because when the Solstice was being built they had a big press release with pictures bragging about the select group of women who were designing the cabins.

Yeah, well obviously all these women did was shave their legs (thus the useful little bar in the shower.) They clearly didn't bring a lot of clothes along or didn't care how they were stored. All the women I know who travel S class laugh at that statement by Celebrity.

Yeah, well obviously all these women did was shave their legs (thus the useful little bar in the shower.) They clearly didn't bring a lot of clothes along or didn't care how they were stored. All the women I know who travel S class laugh at that statement by Celebrity.

I had the same thought. ;p

One storage tip for Celebrity newbies: we take the life jackets out of their bin under the bed, put them in the storage space over the bed, and use the bin under the bed for things we want to get to easily.