Connecting rooms or 4 in one room?

Hello all. For our Spring break 2019 cruise on Oasis, I currently have two connecting OV balcony rooms booked. It is me, my wife & our young kids who are 3 & 5 years old. When it was first booked, it wasn’t much more for the second room.

With today’s KSF promo, however, there is a very big difference.

The 2 rooms I currently have booked are $3960 total with $100 OBC for each room. If we switch to one room, it’s $2606 with $100 OBC.

While I’d love the extra space, is it worth over $1200 for that second room? I’m tempted to make the switch but would love to hear input from the experts here. What would you do? Thanks for any input.

At ages 3 and 5 I’d probably have gone for the 1 room. If they were 13 and 15 it would be the 2 rooms.

I agree. We've had our younger son in our room when he was 6 or 7, but now that both our kids are older (13 and 17), we opt for two rooms.

Have you looked at any of the suites? KSF applies to those also and occasionally you can find something at a really good price. We got a GS for $3200 all in for 4 (2kids).

Wow that’s a great price! The Jr Suites are still outrageously expensive even with the KSF for this sailing, though I keep hoping I’ll find one cheap. We did a Jr. Suite for our first cruise a few months ago and loved it!

If only one of you wanted a drink package, you could put an adult in each room. That would save some money.

If I get myself the drink package & leave my wife out she might throw me overboard, so this idea may not work for us, but a very good thought for couples where one drinks and the other does not!

We have travelled in one stateroom when kids were 2&4, 4&6 and 5&8. The first two cruises were in suites though, very much because the smaller the kids are the more they’ll want to spend time in the stateroom and the more room their play takes, also you’ll need more space on the evenings as they turn in so early.

This year we did a cruise in a normal balcony and it was ok, and we’re planning to do another one in 18 months. After that I’m planning on connecting staterooms (they’ll be old enough to sleep in the other one together).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just went through the same dilemma BUT our kids are older than yours and the price of 2 connecting interiors vs 1 ocean view/balcony were similar. For us, we went with the 2 rooms with 2 washrooms. Having said that, we have always cruised (or hotel stay) in one room and it was never an issue. Your kids are young enough too that it seems less of an issue and that's a big difference. The storage space on Allure (so I assume same on Oasis) is pretty good. Are your kids ok sharing a sofa bed (or using a Pullman bed....depending on room configuration)?

If I get myself the drink package & leave my wife out she might throw me overboard, so this idea may not work for us, but a very good thought for couples where one drinks and the other does not!

With an adult booked in each cabin, you can have four bottles of wine! Before changing to one cabin, be sure to check prices - a cabin rated for four is usually pricier than one rated for two.

my kids are 13 and 15 - we stopped doing one room (unless it was for one or two nights) a long time ago. Otherwise, someone isnt coming home alive. Last three cruises, connecting rooms (interior last time) - having two bathrooms is key, and give wife and I some alone time.

We just went through the same dilemma BUT our kids are older than yours and the price of 2 connecting interiors vs 1 ocean view/balcony were similar. For us, we went with the 2 rooms with 2 washrooms. Having said that, we have always cruised (or hotel stay) in one room and it was never an issue. Your kids are young enough too that it seems less of an issue and that's a big difference. The storage space on Allure (so I assume same on Oasis) is pretty good. Are your kids ok sharing a sofa bed (or using a Pullman bed....depending on room configuration)?

Yes the kids shared the sofa bed on our last cruise in the Jr Suite. For us, having only one bathroom on the last trip in the Jr Suite was fine, so I think we could manage in a smaller version of that one room. It’d be tight, but probably doable.

Yes the kids shared the sofa bed on our last cruise in the Jr Suite. For us, having only one bathroom on the last trip in the Jr Suite was fine, so I think we could manage in a smaller version of that one room. It’d be tight, but probably doable.

Then on that note, I'd switch to 1 room and use the savings on excursions, drinks, other. We managed fine in promenade room when our kids were 10 and 6...and also have a single room booked on next two cruises (the cruise following those is the one where we went for 2 connecting...but again, similar overall price and older kids).