Stapling the luggage tags

Cobra427SC

don't really want to put the stateroom luggage tags on for our flight from Houston to SFO, so, can i rely on the luggage folks (stevedores) to have a stapler for those of us "who forgot"? thanx. s

don't really want to put the stateroom luggage tags on for our flight from Houston to SFO, so, can i rely on the luggage folks (stevedores) to have a stapler for those of us "who forgot"? thanx. s

If not they have tags.

Elastic from memory to attach them, though that was a long time ago

Our hotel also had a stapler and duct tape. In fact, they asked us to use the stapler in the entry area but not to take it to our room as someone had done that the week before and left it there...so it wasn't available to others till the room had been cleaned and the stapler located.

We purchased the luggage tag holders from Amazon. Love them. No problem attaching them after the flight. My friend had a stapled tag rip off once and had to go hunting for her bag. These are also re-usable so a good investment.

We purchased the luggage tag holders from Amazon. Love them. No problem attaching them after the flight. My friend had a stapled tag rip off once and had to go hunting for her bag. These are also re-usable so a good investment.

After having a stapled & packing tape secured tag nearly torn off between the pier & our cabin, we purchased the reusable tag holders & as cheap insurance.

The ones we purchased had a PDF included to use in the holders on flights if our bags got misdirected & inside has our itinerary in case our bags needed to catch up with us.

Buy the luggage tags from Amazon. They lock on, impossible to rip. Not very expensive and well worth it! No more staples and packing tape. Takes two minutes to attach. You are spending money for the cruise. Spring for theses. Can be used over and over.

These are sooooooooo much better than staples or tape. I had the shorter attaching loops but got the long ones after the first time I used the short ones. The longer loops are much better.

81%2BYCRhtGkL._UX679_.jpg

Buy the luggage tags from Amazon. They lock on, impossible to rip. Not very expensive and well worth it! No more staples and packing tape. Takes two minutes to attach. You are spending money for the cruise. Spring for theses. Can be used over and over.

This will be our 7th cruise using the same luggage tags. Well worth the few dollars they cost.

These are sooooooooo much better than staples or tape. I had the shorter attaching loops but got the long ones after the first time I used the short ones. The longer loops are much better.

My attachment loops are many years old & are becoming less flexible. To eliminate any possibility of them breaking, I purchased the thin nylon coated stainless steel wire keychains on Amazon with a locking nut for $0.40 each.

So hear is what we have done for years. I simply carry some Scotch Tape in my carry-on (which comes in handy for many things). Once we get our luggage at the airport I secure the luggage tags using the tape...which is very strong if you properly apply. Otherwise you can certainly ask the Longshoreman for help at the port, but be sure to add an extra $5 or more to their tip for their 15 seconds of help.

Hank

You can also get them on ebay with free shipping. Amazon nails you for shipping if your order is under $25 or you aren't a prime member. Just be sure that they are large enough for your tags. Apparently there are differences between the cruise lines.

I can tell you what I do. Never put stateroom luggage tags on until I get to the port. I have clear plastic luggage jackets, I put the stateroom tag inside the plastic, you can see front and back, I actually fold the stateroom tag... the tag has a plastic loop that you can put on the handle of the suite case. These plastic luggage tags are can be used over and over again. When I am ready to return home I put my home address, phone number in the plastic. Work out great.

Yes, nice that you have a picture, this is what I use.

We just put a hole in ours and use a plastic tie to attach it after arrival at destination airport. Never a problem. We also cover luggage tag with clear packing tape.

We do the exact same thing, and use plastic zip locks to attach to the handle of the luggage.. Never had one fall off yet and the plastic tape protects the tags JIC it rains. Been doing this for years now.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074SZBZJB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have purchased these for myself and my friends who will be cruising with me.

They have worked out for me for two cruises.

I had a lady in line to board really like them

Those are the ones I have.

I also have some that I purchased in the CC Store for our first couple of cruises.

I like the metal cable better than plastic.

I have had the same ones (with the shorter loops) for 10 years. I never thought to look for longer loops.

Agree .. just bought those plastic cruise tags from Amazon last fall for our South America trip this past winter and they are great. Plan to use in all future cruises where we have checked bags. It had been a while having large bags since we just use carry-on's when doing our past Caribbean cruises.