British Cuisine

I was just curious as to how much British cuisine I might expect on a cruise leaving from Southampton, specifically in the MDR and Windjammer. My wife and I will be on Navigator in October for a cruise to northern Spain and France. This will be our fourth cruise overall, but first outside North America.

Not that much from what I remember. I cruised the Adventure out of Southampton in 2014. I don’t recall any thing British on the MDR menu. The windjammer did have some very British items for breakfast, such as beans, British style bacon, etc. I think they even had some blood pudding.

Someone has recently posted a Navigator Baltic review and one post includes a photo of the Café Promenade counter stocked with Pork Pies, Sausage Rolls and Minced Beef and Onion Pies to name but a few,

What about good Yorkshire pud ?

Pork Pies ?

We get the Yorkshire puddings in Australia - last cruise on Ovation it was the size of a small plate.

So if they’re in Aus, surely they would be on the British cruises. And each day we had a choice of a pie - lamb and rosemary, chicken and veg etc.

What about good Yorkshire pud ?

Pork Pies ?

I've seen Yorkshire Pudding in Windjammer on British night. The last time on Adventure this past March. Along with bangers and mash.

We had a ‘pie of the day’ on the dining room menu on Anthem out of Southampton a few years ago. I didn’t realise they were trying to be ‘British’, I thought they were economising as it sounded like a cheaper dish!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Recently cruised in June 2018 on Royal Caribbean’s Independence Of The Seas fourteen day Canary Islands sailing out of Southampton. Every morning they had English Bacon and a few different types of English Bangers. At lunch In the Windjammer they had a variety of Steak and Kidney Pie, English Pot Pie, English Beef Stew, etc. During most dinners in the Main Dining Room I didn’t notice any English Specialties. During my sailing there was over thirty five hundred British passengers.There was less than four hundred American passengers. I can personally tell you that my family didn’t starve and I tried most of the English food.

• 1 month later...
I was just curious as to how much British cuisine I might expect on a cruise leaving from Southampton, specifically in the MDR and Windjammer. My wife and I will be on Navigator in October for a cruise to northern Spain and France. This will be our fourth cruise overall, but first outside North America.

There is also curry at lunchtime in Windjammer. Although not specifically a British dish, very popular with the English. Other curry dishes sometimes on MDR menu. Not much lamb though, although there used to be.

Fun to try the "full English breakfast" --grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, potatoes, bacon, the puddings (black and white) eggs and the beans (if you eat them) You will not be hungry all day!!!

Is it permissible to combine the words 'British' and 'Cuisine'?

And this statement from a Canadian:eek:;p What is your national dish again...poutine??:'):');p Or from our friend across the pond, with the culinary delights of burgers & corndogs