Advice?

Husband and I booked the September 2’nd, 2018 Allure of the Seas cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. We currently have an OV balcony, room 14264. We like being as high up as possible on ships.

That being said, this cruise will be our 1 year anniversary cruise. When going through a mock booking of our cruise, I see that the price for a “guaranteed Royal Suite Class” is just $300 more than what we paid for the OV balcony (roughly $2,000).

I see that - based on what is available for me to view online - there are 3 JS left. 2 on deck 14, 1 on deck 8. One of these JS is an accessible room, so I know (and of course wouldn’t want) we would not get this room.

Are these 3 JS the only possibilities of what we would be assigned? The room on deck 8 is $500 of an upgrade when you don’t choose guaranteed and go through the option of actually hand-picking your room.

What would you do? I was thinking surprising husband would be nice, but I’m not sure the $300 is worth it?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts/advice. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would also opt for the $300 upgrade to a suite guarantee.

What you see as available is not necessarily one of the staterooms you will get. I agree with others that you would most likely get a JS.

I would do it for $300. You most likely will get a Junior Suite which will give you access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner and a larger room

and IF you got assigned a GS or higher the benefits get a lot better.

...in addition to coastal kitchen for dinner which is phenomenal, and I'm not sure if this matters to you but with a JS you get double cruise points. I'd go with the guarantee and hope for the best. If you should be assgined Deck 8, that is a great deck to be on, you won't notice too much of a difference between the view there and on the higher deck. Plus, while I've heard noise from above it's not a problem on the Allure Deck 14 is right below the pool deck and that might be an issue. We just got off of the Allure having sailed a Grand Suite this past Sunday. CK was great, the service was impeccable, and one (very small) benefit that the JS (sea class suite) guests share with the Sky Class and above is not having to scan your card for towels. I know, it's small, nearly inconsequential but incredibly convenient.

Allure is a great ship!! Enjoy!

Not sure you will get double points if Royal considers it a special sale...op should check on this when doing the upsell.

Interesting. I always thought suites and double points went hand-in-hand and that a single cruiser in a suite would get bumped to triple points for that sailing. I haven't yet found a, pun intended, "suite" deal of any sort that specifically outlined that double points would not be awarded due to sale price of cabin. But I agree, it doesn't hurt to ask the question and confirm. However, I don't think the OPs decision rests on that perk which is why I provided the information as an added ancillary benefit to the choice to book a JS.

I'm looking through my cruise planner and trying to find an option to "upgrade" to a higher category cabin and don't see anything. How would go about doing something like that.

You would have to contact whoever booked your cruise.

I did - the upgrade - about an hour ago. Cruise planner and all other information says it is “unavailable,” so we’ll see. Fingers crossed I don’t have to wait until boarding day to find out. Blergh.

Ok so where in the cruise planner did you see it.

How do you know without going the cruise?

TA called RC and confirmed. Should have read - “I *will* get double points,” haha. Of course, this is assuming RC gave correct information. *shrugs* Points weren’t our #1 purpose in upgrading, so whereas they will be nice to have, if it turns out we don’t receive them... I won’t be devastated.

TA called RC and confirmed. Should have read - “I *will* get double points,” haha. Of course, this is assuming RC gave correct information. *shrugs* Points weren’t our #1 purpose in upgrading, so whereas they will be nice to have, if it turns out we don’t receive them... I won’t be devastated.

What you hear from RC and what actually happens many times are two different things.