Recent Fort Lauderdale Disembarkations - Can we make an 8:05am flight out of FLL?

schmeed

Our Adventure cruise returns to Fort Lauderdale on 4/7/19. The best flight out was 8:05am. I know the port is only a few minutes from FLL and we can do self-departure (walk off).

Has anyone come back to Fort Lauderdale and made it to FLL in time for an 8:05am flight?

YES, I know we are cutting it close. ;p

Edited by schmeed

Our Freedom cruise returns to Fort Lauderdale on 10/20. The best flight out was 8:05am. I know the port is only a few minutes from FLL and we can do self-departure (walk off).

Has anyone come back to Fort Lauderdale and made it to FLL in time for an 8:05am flight?

Sure, if it’s on 10/21. 😄

Our Freedom cruise returns to Fort Lauderdale on 10/20. The best flight out was 8:05am. I know the port is only a few minutes from FLL and we can do self-departure (walk off).

That's not cutting it close. That's stupid

Only way I would book that early a flight is if I spent the night after the cruise and did that in 2015 after our Quebec Cruise. BTW you said Freedom in 2020, I believe she is in San Juan not FLL. It isn't when the ship docks but when they are cleared. They probably won't begin letting you walk off until 7 or after.

Only way I would book that early a flight is if I spent the night after the cruise and did that in 2015 after our Quebec Cruise. BTW you said Freedom in 2020, I believe she is in San Juan not FLL. It isn't when she docks, but when she is cleared. Earliest time walking off might be around 7 am or after.

Fixed it. I was confusing my cruise coming up next month. Adventure returning 4/7/19.

Dave no problem, I thought you meant a different ship.:) We had a fun time spending the night after our cruise and taking our flight back to So Calif around 6:30 AM arriving around noon. Otherwise it would have been after 10 PM. We did the Water Taxi around the estates.

Cool, thanks!!

Even if the ship gets in at the 5:30 am that you say, that does not mean the ship has cleared arrival. You will not be able to get off until all the paperwork is done and clearance is given for disembarkation to begin. Now a days you have to be at the airport early to clear too. Sorry, but no way.

(Funny how people can't wait to get on board and can't wait to get off.;p)

Here is why you don't cut it that close. we had a 910 flight . we went down at 545 and were first online. they told us 630 open the gate but 630 came and went. they then proceeded to tell us the people that missed then boat for sail away and got on in nassau have to go thru security before they will let anyone disembark. So we waited about 15 minutes before they started us. I had knots in my stomach just thinking that the people were still in bed and we were going to miss our flight.

we made our flight but I will never do that again. 10am or later

Not on Adventure, but I've easily made it home by 7:20AM and not even in the first self-assist group, we waited until the line calmed down. Debarked at 6:45 got in the truck and still made it home 20 minutes away by 7:20.

You could be at the airport faster.

It's WAY too close to suggest doing it. If everything goes right, you go down with the first group an hour before disembarkation, and things go smooth, you can absolutely make the flight.

This comes down to tolerance. Some people don't get travel anxiety. Maybe you are totally comfortable with the risk and taking a later flight if you miss it. And maybe your question is if it's even possible... In that case, yes, it is. TSA Precheck, carry on bags only, boarding pass on phone, etc. At that time in the morning, could hop out of the cab walk right through security and be at your gate in under 10 minutes if things go perfect. But it's really too close to suggest it.

You are quite rude.

Not really. He didn't say you were stupid.

You've been on this board for 11 years and don't know the reaction to this often asked question (though this is much earlier than I have ever seen asked). You decide, if you haven't already. Not a person on this board can assure you it will work. And playing devil's advocate to your own question (but it gets in at 5:30)???

Book it. as a matter of fact, see if there is one even earlier. Shouldn't be a problem. I've made it for a 6:15 am flight.

I have made it off harmony twice at the airport by 6:45 and 7. Last time on freedom it was delayed and a hot mess with the crew I was able to make it at the airport by 7:25. It can be done but it may not hurt to have a plan b or be willing to pay more if you happen to miss it.

Sent from my H1611 using Forums mobile app

I'm glad several of you are all for it, but I personally think it's just too much stress. I mean a cruise vacation can be wonderful and relaxing, but worrying about that last morning can reverse all the good work done on a cruise. ;p

OP, I would book a later flight, but do let us know what you decide.